A House Of Lies
397 22 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Jyoti's POV]

"—Now that's clear, so let's continue tomorrow" yes...Boss Mehak

"So, then I will get going" it's getting really late

"Hmm, Good Night Jyoti" you don't have to act to elegantly in front of me, makes me want to puke

"Yup! Gooood NIGHT! Jyoti!" you also don't have to act so cheerfully in front of me, or is it even an act? Mayuri's getting, even more, harder to figure out, not that I figured her out even a tiny bit in the first place though.

Dear Mom, look at them, getting all cuddly like that. The big one is ruffling the little one's hair, the little one is getting all giddy, too many flowers surrounding them. Both sisters just lost in their own world, they won't even notice my presence anymore.

Yeah Mom, I know they look like any normal lovey-dovey couple right now. It's just that, you don't know what their love is like, you don't even know what this happy couple is even like. If I have to describe them to you, they would be like that situation when two excessively broken minds come together and they also have the power to back them. So, in short nothing good comes out of the person they see as their enemy.

I know that better than anyone, after all, I have been on their bad side and now good side. They work me like a slave, they make me do questionable things, but at least our future is secured as long as I remain on their good side.

So, don't worry Mom, I will not let anything bad happen to you...You too Dad. Sorry, I just talked to Mom but my feelings are the same for you as well. After a few years, you won't have to work anymore. I am promised a job at the Jansha Company, I am sure you two will be surprised when you hear this in a few years.

"Hey, Jyoti stop staring at your Mom's hair and put your dad's nail box away"

Hmm, so they did notice my presence. Guess, I am not just a slave in their minds. But why do I have to put Mom's hair back in my pocket? it's so relaxing talking to Mom, with this it feels like she's always with me. Same for you too Dad.

Ohhh...I guess they just want their private time now, so let's just go back home.

"And put your Dad's nail box in the Almirah I assigned you, last time you just threw it on the dining table"

"Huh? did I?... Well, sorry for that"

I can't take this stuff with me back home, my parents would probably be creeped out, forget parents, anyone will be creeped out by this, but at least these sisters don't.

So, let's put the nail box back in the Almirah. As for the hair, I will keep it with me. I don't feel comfortable without it, and it just stays in the pocket, so it's not like anyone will find out, right? Mom.

Your Hair looks beautiful, today as well.

*SNIFF* *SNIFF* Ahhhh... such a refreshing smell and aroma... *SNIFF* *SNIFF* such a nice tingly sensation it gives to my nose...nothing better to calm your self with, than this treasure.

"Jyoti, I told you to leave"

"Huh? Ah, sorry, sorry"

There you go Mom, back into the pocket.

.

.

.

It kind of dark out here, should I call a taxi? hmm... Meh, it's just a 30-minute walk from this apartment. Should inform Mother that I would be a little late

.

.

.

I guess, from tomorrow it's also my turn to start acting. But shit, having to locate every single camera in the university is kind of a pain in the ass, also have to locate some blind spots, haaaaaaahhh..... so much work to do. 

Mom...Dad... you two would probably be ashamed if you knew what I am doing. You two would probably Loath me if you knew what I have done. Do you know? that I killed plenty of insects because they told me to?

I bullied plenty of people at school because they told me to. I threw stones at them, threw verbal abuses at them, sketched their faces with marker, spread fake rumors about them, drove some to depression, and even killed one classmate's pet cat, but nothing happened to me because of those sisters. I wanted to get caught, I wanted someone to punish me so I bullied them with all of my might but nothing happened.

No one blamed me, No one reported me liked I wanted to, just void...absolutely nothing. That's when I knew that those sisters had full control of the school and their goal was to make me go broke like them.

Hey Mom? do you want to know more? do you want to know how bad your child is? can I tell you how I killed that cat?

...Huh? ... yes?... you want to know?...well that's surprising...Ahhh, so you want to know how bad your child has become. Well, of course, any parent would want to know what their child has done.

Huh?...dad?...you also want to know?...well that's fine by me...but be ready to see me in the light, filled with filth. You can become more disgusted at your precious child you know.

.

.

So, one-day Mehak called me to a location. When I got there, it was someone's house. She told me it's the house of my classmate, I think his name was Piyush something...at that time no one was at the house, I think Mehak told me that they went to watch a movie. I was pretty used to their actions by then, so I didn't ask much and went inside the house with the fake key Mehak had brought. It was probably acquired by Mayuri when she visited everyone's house for Christmas greeting. It sounds pretty weird, but that also made her popular among the parents.

Inside the house, we saw that cat. It was a domestic shorthair and was pretty fat. It was sleeping peacefully on the couch and I could hear an adorable purr, but that quickly turned into a nightmare when I saw that psychotic smile on Mehak's face

She pulled out an injection filled with Acepromazine and carefully applied it to the cat, me too shocked by her actions to even say anything. She picked up the cat and stuffed it inside her backpack, closed the door and VOILA! we successfully kidnapped a cat, and I didn't even know why.

We reached an abandoned house, inside there was a chair with ropes lying around it and blood on the floor. The blood looked pretty old, someone was probably kept locked there. Mehak navigated that place pretty well, so I thought they were the ones who tortured someone here, but now I know it's Abhi Sharma, that fucking weirdo, hate him!.

I thought it was a nightmare till now, but the real terror was about to begin.

Mehak placed the cat's back on top of a broken bed and pulled out a knife. There was only one stab, but that one stab was all that it needed.

A stab straight through its tail, impaling the poor cat on the bed.

The cat wiggled its body like crazy, it's painful cries making my tears flow, and that psycho's vivid blush making my heart shudder.

The knife filled the room with the smell of blood, the cat's cries filled the room with agony but that blush filled the room with pure dread.

I clearly remember my fanatically beating heart, reaching my throat and trying to come out. At that moment, I cared not for the cat, I didn't care a single shit about that cat. I only cared for myself, for my own survival. That was the moment she brought down the hammer and told me to kill the cat.

In my mind, only my well-being mattered at that moment. I knew if I refused something much worse will happen to me.

My legs moved, My legs moved closer to the bed, closer to the cat. I saw it's pitiful eyes, but I was more pitiful. I saw its tears, but my tears were more aggressive. I saw its sadness, but I was in more grief.

I saw it begging for life, but I also wanted to live.

My arms stretched, my hands touched its round and chubby cheeks.

My left hand covered its eyes, my right hand petted its head

My eyes fell upon its fat neck, my left hand slowly moved towards its neck and some force was applied to it.

The cat started choking, it started hitting my arms with its soft legs. My right hand moved towards its neck and an incredible force was applied it. The cat's soft legs became more violent, it managed to scratch my arms wit it's tiny claws, but the scratches of the knife were more painful.

The cat's violent legs slowly started calming down, the cat just looked at me. I just looked at the cat.

The cat made a final screech for survival, begging me to stop. But the voice of the girl behind me was much more terrifying.

I had to survive

I wanted to survive

Nothing is more horrifying than that girl

And the cat understood, it understood everything from my eyes and stopped struggling. No, it didn't stop struggling, it just couldn't struggle anymore, his life already reaped away by me.

...

After that, Mehak buried the cat in the backyard, and it was like the cat never even existed.

I remember asking her a single question, just a simple 'Why?'

Mehak came close to me and put her hands, on my shoulder. She looked straight into my eyes and spoke softly

"The owner tried getting a photo of the girl's changing room"

'That's pretty disgusting of him' I thought, but why kill the cat for it?

"The owner loves his cat very much"

'how does that relate to photos?' I still couldn't figure it out

"Inside the room. My Mayuri. changing"

I finally realized it, the man got his punishment for trying to take a photo while Mayuri was changing clothes.

I thought ' So killing his dear cat is the punishment'

I get it, at least there was a reason behind the killing

hahaha...

I couldn't help but laugh at this atrocity

.

.

I felt so much guilt and pain every time those sisters made me do something. Every night, I would cry and have nightmares about them. Those who were bullied haunted me in my dreams, those sisters made me go more insane inside my dreams. For an entire month, I had a sensation of the cat that I killed looking at me everywhere that I went. Every night I would puke whenever I remembered those terrified faces, every night I got a little closer to finally gripping that knife.

One night, I even managed to catch that knife, but I couldn't... I couldn't get it over with...I couldn't do it... Your faces when you would find me dead terrified me even more, your crying faces made me more terrified than those sisters, your sadness made me feel more pain than when I bullied those people. So, I turned a coward. I realized that I would rather prefer seeing others suffer if you got to live a blissful life. That's when the pain went away, I felt nothing after that.

Just a single desire remained, to make you the happiest parent in the entire world.

And I only know of this method, that will actually give results. I can work hard, get a normal job, but I can't go further than that. I am not some genius like those sisters, who can rise up in this world with their wits. I am just a normal girl, just a normal person, who will just live a normal life without ever accomplishing her goals, nothing special, just pure and plain simple.

And if being with those sisters help me actually accomplish my goals, help me diverge from living an average life, then I will stay with them. Even if there's a risk of you finding out, I will stay with them because I can make you happiest parents in the world that way and I will do everything I can to hide this from you.

You two would probably even regret giving birth to a child like me if you knew that I killed someone, but I swear I had no choice back then, I was just a Victim, I know it's hard to believe but that's the truth.

Did you know, that I have been lying to the family of one I killed? I lied to them about kidnapping, I lied to them about their son being tortured, I lied to them about me having to watch his suffering, I spilled fake tears in front of them, I befriended his sister so that I can know what's going on with the police investigation.

His sister sees me as some guardian, someone who proved her love, someone who went beyond her own sadness and grief to help them, it's disgusting right? It's pretty disgusting, but I had no choice. Those sisters will kill me, they would even kill you if I ever retaliate, and it's pretty hard to admit but it turned out pretty beneficial for us.

It's a very cruel thing to say, but our lives did turn out better after that summer vacation. Our financial problem got solved, because of that sudden promotion, Dad got. Even though I know that those sisters had their hands in it. Our lives became so much easier because of them. I know you won't approve of my methods, but nothing good happened to us before I started working for them. You don't have to know anything, I will lie to you for my entire life so that I can make the best out of your lives.

Oh!? looks like I reached home while talking to you Mom.

I wonder what's made for dinner.

This house is filled with happiness reaped from others.

The people of this house are ignorant, they don't know what actually happened to make them happy

They don't know anything, they won't know anything, they will likely die a blissful life without knowing a single thing.

But it's alright.

I choose this life

Even if there was no other way, I still choose this way of life

I will make this entire house filled with nothing but lies

This house is my happy heaven

This house is my will.

The only thing I have.

Hope this didn't offend anybody, but there's a content warning, so I think everything should be fine.

If you made something regarding this novel, send it at [email protected].

If you enjoyed this chapter, click that '♥' icon. It works as great support.

Is the pacing of this story alright?
  • Yes. It's fun reading what's going inside character's head in detail Votes: 25 89.3%
  • No. Make the story go quicker Votes: 1 3.6%
  • It's alright, but less detail about character's mind Votes: 2 7.1%
Total voters: 28
26