A New Villian or …A Hero?
321 6 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Riya's POV]

"Hey, Riya. Do you know anybody by the name of Priya?"

Hmm? who is this Priya girl...

"No, but why?"

"W-well she's in your class, I think. You really don't know her?"

Oh God! he's blushing, does he have a crush or something? but that was fast, I mean it's only been a week since college started

"If I don't know her, then that means she doesn't stand out in the class" 

"Don't say that about someone! How the fuck would you feel if I told someone about you in this way!"

God! he's becoming annoying! already white knighting a girl

"Hmm, so what? you love her or something like that"

"!!WHAT! I-I-Don't L-Lo-Love! her!"

Yeah, sure.

"So, how come you came to like someone in just a week?"

"I told you! I don't like her!. It's just that she's kinda...... c-cute"

Jesus, what's with that embarrassed face, makes me want to puke

"And, how is this girl cute?"

"W-Well, I saw her taking care of an injured bird..."

So...? what about it?

"and you started liking her? just like that?"

"O-Of Course not!"

He just admitted he likes her, and doesn't even realize

"After she took care of the bird, she started walking and..."

"And?" don't fucking pause like that every second!

"She started walking and tripped over nothing. She made such an adorable and cute noise when she fell. I immediately started having a feeling to protect this girl"

"Hmm, so you went over to help her?" but who the fuck falls over nothing? is her she alright in the head?

"Ye-Yes. I helped her get back up and at that moment, I saw her face up close. She looked so innocent and so sweet. I am sure, I could even see a tinge of red on her cheeks"

Bleh! so he's into those cute, girly-girly and misses sweety type of girls. Who just wakes a feeling of protectiveness among boys. Thank god, I don't know her and I don't even want to know anything about her, but we are in the same class it seems like. Have to stay away from her, she may infect me with her overflowing sugar. 

But it's an interesting class, it seems like we have both the ends of the spectrum here. The girlish, feminine Priya or whatever and the headstrong delinquent Mayuri.

"hey! are you listening to me? you Bitch!?"

"Yeah, yeah...White Knight"

"I AM NOT A WHITE KNIGHT!!"

"Ok, I believe you" that you are lying

"Good! so anyway, we talked a lot after that. She was so kind and lovely, her soft voice, her smooth hair, that little red on the tip of her nose also looked so great. She was attentively listening to me, laughing with me... I think she's also kinda into me"

"Sure. Thinking doesn't cost anything" Oh God! This girl is becoming more worse. She probably doesn't have a single clue, what this idiot is thinking due to her ignorant actions. Boys like him can like any girl as long as they are a little nice to them. She probably can't even imagine, what she thought as natural had a big impact on someone.

So...I guess, It's not her fault...... the only one at fault here is this idiot. I mean damn! calm down! she just talked to you once.

"So, anyway! I haven't been able to talk to her after that. She told her department is CSE, so I figured that she has to be in your class"

"Hmm, maybe she is but I haven't heard her name before"

"That's why, become friends with her!"

Huh!? Why the hell would I do that! Even after hearing what she's like

"No"

"Please, Please, Please. If you can become friends with her, then I can get a proper excuse to talk with her"

"So, you just want to use me? God! you are such an asshole"

"I didn't mean it like that, what I mean is is-is........ anyway! just help your brother!"

"I will think about it"

"Thank you! Sister!"

God! what a sly bastard! Now that he needs my help, he starts calling me 'sister'. Even though his buttocks tear apart whenever I ask him to call me 'Sister'.

And what a pussy, couldn't even get the girl she likes without anyone's help. I am getting ashamed of being called her sister,...... but well... I am his sister, so I have to help him... It's not like I have any choice...Hehehe.

.

.

.

*Haah* can't sleep.

I wonder what Mayuri is doing in the hospital.

No matter what, I just can't stop thinking that this is just strange. I mean, how does your eyeball gets taken like that? I heard she had a vicious fight with a criminal. She had bruises all over the body when I went to see her in the hospital yesterday, so it's pretty clear that she had a dangerous fight, but why would the criminal take her eyeball?. I mean, it can happen if the criminal was not right in the head, but still, somehow it just doesn't fit. There's also Mayuri's strange behavior on the first day of college, it was like she was freaking out over something but she instantly calmed down when her sister came.

Her sister... Mayuri is her name I think?. She informed the school, about the whole incident with the criminal and since she's the owner's daughter, nobody doubted her. I mean, she was crying so much. She clearly had a pitiful expression on her face, she was obviously very sad, so it's not like she just made up a story, right?.

Yeah, even I find it pretty hard to believe that she made this whole thing up. I couldn't see any fakeness on her face, her expressions were completely genuine. Maybe, just...... too genuine.

I feel like, I am getting at something over here, what if the story she told everyone was actually a lie? but then, that doesn't make sense. Why would she lie about her little sister's injury? she doesn't gain anything by doing it. There are too many holes in the theory of her lying, but those expressions...... they are bugging me. They were just too...Perfect...

*Sigh* if I just keep thinking like this, I probably will not be able to sleep. I am sure, Mom and Dad would have already found some clue about this. They were the best detective team in the entire state. They have solved so many cases together, even I got my ability to be very observant of different things, from them.

Mom and Dad could immediately tell if someone was lying or not, their observation power was really impressive. I also wanted to become a famous detective just like them, catch criminals, solve complicated cases, become famous. I even read many of their investigation files, they were just so interesting and cool. But one day, when they didn't come back... I also became afraid. That was the first time I thought, becoming a detective is a dangerous job. I thought, what if the same thing happened to me? what if, I also just vanished like that, without any trace of my body?.

The thought panicked me, it made my whole skin crawl. I realized that I could die anytime due to this job. My fear overcame my ambition, I wanted to become a detective but the risks involved were just overwhelming. I could see everyone around, calling me a coward. I could see them telling me, that I betrayed my parents. That I betrayed their hopes on me, even though no one was actually saying anything. Even now, when I am in a crowded place, I can see people around me calling me a coward, betrayer, lost hope. I can feel their eyes on me, their judgemental eyes piercing deep into my soul.

I didn't share this with anyone or it's more like, I don't have anyone to share all this with. I could share this with that Ankit, but I feel like he wouldn't understand it, his brain's just too simple, straight forward and dense for all of these complicated emotions. I told him a fake incident that caused my attention problem, and that idiot totally believed it. That asshole actually said 'You can do it'. I mean bitch if I could do it, I would have already done it.

There's also Uncle and Aunt, who is taking care of us right now but I don't want to burden them anymore. It just doesn't seem right.

In the end, I let my fear overtake me and didn't choose to become a detective.

But I regret that decision now, it has only been a week and I already don't like it in the CSE department. Uncle and Aunt told me that it is a popular branch and that there's a lot of scope in it, and I can see the scope but I thought I would also enjoy it or more precisely make myself enjoy it. Then again, reality hit and I just found it so boring in just a week.

Compared to this, when I think about the abnormalities with Mehak's Story, the abnormalities with Mayuri's behavior, I just can't stop thinking about it. This way my regret is becoming more deeper because clearly, I enjoy doing this detective stuff.

I should have chosen to become a detective, I shouldn't have let my fear overtake me and influence my decisions, but...... it's not too late.

I want to find out more about these sisters.

I want to find out, what's so strange about Mehak's story.

I want to find out, how was Mehak able to show such a genuine expression.

I want to find out, what really happened to Mayuri.

I want to find out, whether all these doubts are even true in the first place

Right now, I just know two things.

  • Mehak's expression was just too perfect
  • The criminal story doesn't make complete sense

I have to start my investigation from these points, suddenly I am feeling very excited. The fear is starting to crawl up my skin, the fear is telling me to stop this, my mind is reminding me of the various risks involved if my doubts are actually true. But I want to confirm my doubts if I am able to solve this, maybe I won't feel guilty anymore. Maybe I would stop seeing those piercing eyes all around me and maybe... just maybe...I would get my confidence back to become a real detective.

I can't let this overwhelming fear overtake me again like the rest of my life, I will try doing it...just this once.

I have never felt so much alive before, the fear, the excitement is making my blood pump, is this what Mom and Dad also felt during their first case?

Okay! Let's do it! I will do it! I will overcome my fears! I will find out whether my doubts are real or just the result of my overthinking.

.

.

.

[Mehak's POV]

"isn't that Abhi, coming today?"

"Nope, Jyoti. He's not necessary today"

"So, did you read the whole diary yesterday?"

"Yes, and I found out some things. Some interesting things"

"Tell me then"

"Ok, first of all, Mayu's Grandparents are dead"

"huh? do you mean the mother's parents?"

"Of course, what else would it mean? You alright today?"

"Y-Yeah, just lot on my mind"

Hmm, sho she's also starting to think about herself now. I wonder, what's she thinking so much about, most likely it's her own mother

"Well, feel free to tell me. I will help you if you ask me"

"What?! you will?!"

Jeez, you don't have to be so surprised about it

"Well, you have helped us a lot and since we are friends, it's only natural that I will also help you" it's not like I only think about ways to abuse her all day long.

"Th-th-thank you for that. It made me feel a little better "

Ahhhh! she's back to talking crap again, let's get straight to the point

"So! How are you planning to fuck your mother?

"*PFFT* *Cough!* *Cough!*"

Jesus, don't have to spill all the coffee like that, I personally made it.

"*cough* *cough* so-sorry, sorry. You just said it so suddenly *cough* *cough*

"Apology accepted. So, how will you seduce your mother"

"Well, I have thought of most of the plan... but some parts of it are a little difficult..."

"So, you want my help during those difficult parts?"

"Ye-yes, if you can. I would really appreciate it. I will tell you about the task when the time comes"

"Ok, as you wish. Good luck, with bewitching your mother"

"Thank you. So, what did you find in the diary other than the grandparent's death?"

"Ah! right. She wrote about, how she found out about her parent's death and guess what happened after that?"

"Parents died so... funeral...mourning......bequ..est!... THE INHERITANCE!"

Good, she caught on pretty quickly

"Yes, the inheritance. She wrote that a lawyer came and told her to sign the inheritance papers. She's their only child, so only she had the right to the paper. So, I guess they still loved her even after abandoning their only child"

"What did she get in the inheritance?"

"Full detail about that are not written, except for the house that she got. So, I think out of many things she got, one was the parent's house"

"Hmm, this also explains what finally pushed her over the edge to finally abandon Mayuri"

"Yes, according to the diary, she was clearly losing her mind because of Mayu, but she still didn't leave her. She probably couldn't do the same thing her parents did to her, with her own child. Her mind was probably in a lot of dilemmas, but these inheritance papers gave her a little push which she needed to finally make a decision"

"And she chose the luxury instead of her child, but she could have taken Mayuri with her. Her problems were mostly solved with this"

"Yes, that's what I also thought. If she has gotten the inheritance, she could have taken Mayu along with her but she didn't. Why? I don't understand it either."

"Well, we can ask her directly once we find her. Did you find anything else?"

"Yes, but nothing worth telling"

"So, where's the house she got?"

"I don't know"

"Ok, so let's go ther.........HUH!? YOU DON'T KNOW!?"

"Fuck! calm down, lady. Mayu doesn't know anything about her grandparents and the house address was not written in the diary"

"So! how the hell are we going to find her!?"

"Well, fortunately, I do know that Mayu's original last name was Apricot. It's a unique surname and Mayu was born in this city so..."

"You Sane! I am not going to search the entire city for this one name!. We can find some more clues first!

"SHUT UP!!"

"!!...S-So-sorry..."

"No, I am also sorry. That was not ladylike at all. Look here Jyoti, I want to solve Mayu's problem as soon as humanly possible. I want Mayu to get rid of her motherly issues as fast as possible. I mean, It is very interesting to watch Mayu's abnormal behavior, seeing what more will she do in her messed up mind. But, it's also difficult you know. Every time, I see her painful and confused expressions, it hurts a lot you know. Her not being able to figure out her problems, like fuck! she couldn't even figure out she had a problem in the first place. Seeing her like that hurts you know...... Every moment is precious, I don't know when will she become so fucked up and messy that she will even forget me, and that thought scares me. It scares me a lot, it scares me more than my own death. I don't want that to happen, she is reaching her limit. She will blow anytime soon, and I want to solve her major problem as quickly as possible. You, get it?"

"Well, if you say it like that, of course, I get it! But you are just afraid of Mayuri forgetting you in her insanity. Aren't you scared of the insanity itself?"

"NO. Even I am not sane, but she still accepted me and loved me. So, why would I not accept her? I can accept her anytime as long as she doesn't forget about me but I am afraid, the thoughts of her mother will just overwhelm her so much that, she would think about nothing but her."

"You know that's not possible right. Mayuri loves you so much, she's obsessed with you. There's no logical way that something like that can happen"

"Yes, you are right. but..."

"But what?! there's no 'buts'. There's nothing to be afraid of"

"Logic doesn't apply to Mayu"

and I know that better than anyone.

22