Arc 0 Chapter 1 – Heartbroken and Desperate
942 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Note, that arc 0 is now considered background for Jacque, and is optional.

If you don't want to read it, you can skip to arc 1.

"Mmm Slurp* Mhm..."

"Mha... Smooch* Nmm..."

A young couple was making out on a single bed in a small, basic room filled with only a chair, a table, and some scrolls and books. One was a 5'7 feet tall and handsome human male, while the female was a pretty and miniature woman, only 3 feet in height, but strangely proportionate like a normal woman.15'7 ft= 170cm. 3 ft = 91cm

After a while of kissing and caressing, the small woman gasped and reluctantly parted her dainty lips from her lovers.

"Gasp* Oh, Jacque... I want you..." - The petite woman gasped and bit her lower lip as she rubbed her tiny hands on the man's comparatively large chest.

At her words, the young man turned hesitant, "Qiola, I..."

However, before he could finish his words, the small woman put her fingers on his lips.

"Hush, sweety. I know you are worried about your size, but I am a halfling. For me, the normal length is only half that of a human. I prefer it being on the small side." - The petite woman said with a reassuring smile as she caressed his cheek.

The man still hesitated a bit before he smiled back a bit more confidently.

"Thank you, Qiola..."

"Instead of thanking me, how about you let me help you take off these cumbersome robes of yours and let me see what you are packing." - She said enticingly as her other hand sneaked to his belt.

Seeing her being so proactive, Jaque's last mental resistance collapsed as he stood up from the bed and undid the belt with the help of Qiola, who stood on her knees, opening his robe and revealing his white linen undergarments.

Qiola then reached her smallish hands, and slowly pulled down his underwear, inch by inch. At the last moment, Jacque subconsciously held his underwear.

"Wait..."

Qiola frowned and said in annoyance, "Jacque, what are you doing? I said I am OKAY with it being small, so what are you worried about?"

"Qiola, I... Your right. Sorry. Please continue." - Jacque said as he let go of his underwear.

Without any further obstruction, Qiola smiled again as she pulled down his underwear, revealing the thing inside. However, upon looking at what was inside, Qiola's eyes widened in shock as her mouth gaped open.

"T-this... I know you said you were small, but not THAT small..." - Qiola said speechlessly, her eyes squinted into slits as she stared at the marvel in front of her eyes.

Her surprise was not unwarranted as Jacque's nether region was indeed tiny. Even by halfling standards. In front of her eyes, Jacque's manhood stood imposingly and mightily... At the impressive size of her Halfling hand's pinky finger. Around an inch and a half long. The girth was only a bit larger than it, too. Even his testicles were small, smaller than a halfling's.

"W-Will this even satisfy me? Rather, would I even feel it inside me?" - Her gaze looked a bit lost, as she didn't know what to do or say.

It wasn't her first time having sex, and she had two boyfriends before, but none of them were THIS small. It was half the length of her previous boyfriend, a halfling!

"Q-Qiola?" - Jacque asked warily, noticing Qiola's hesitancy.

"It's happening again..." - Jacque cried in his mind.

Qiola averted her gaze from him as she mumbled while blushing in embarrassment, "S-Sorry, Jacque. I-I didn't know it was this small..."

Jacque averted his gaze uncomfortably as well, keeping awkwardly silent.

"I... I think we should stop here, Jacque..." - Qiola said as she awkwardly started to rearrange her clothes.

"... It's fine..." - Jacque lied between his teeth as he pulled up his underwear.

After an awkward half a minute, they both got dressed and just stood there, not knowing what to say.

After a while, Qiola sighed and said, "I'm sorry, Jacque. I like you, and I like you as a person, it's just that..."

"I understand, it's fine. The problem is with me." - Jacque interrupted her, already mentally prepared for this.

"I'm really, really sorry, Jacque. Can we ignore what happened and just be friends?" - She raised her head and looked up at Jacque who was almost twice her height.

Jacque gave an awkward smile, "Yes, sure."

"Thank you. I don't want you to hate me for this..." - She said with relief.

"I... should probably get going now. I will see you again in our next lecture." - Qiola said with a broader smile as she headed to the door.

"By, Qiola..." - Jacque said with a forced smile.

As Qiola was about to open the door, she suddenly stopped and turned to Jacque, "Oh, and, erm... I think you should discuss your... Problem... with mentor Wuqirax. Maybe he can help you..."

"Thanks... I will ask him for help next time." - He lied again.

"Right... Well, goodbye..." - Qiola said as she gently opened the door and exited the room.

Creak* Thump*

The door silently closed, but the dam on Jacque's eyes opened instead.

"Ugh... Buhuhu..." - Jacque burst into tears as he slumped onto his bed, silently wailing into his pillow.

This has been the third time that the 19-year-old Jacque got rejected in the four years he studied in the magic tower of Zaneas.

The first time, he dated a human bard in the city, but she rejected him for his size but didn't mock him. The second time, he learned his lesson so he dated a smaller woman, a tad-crazy gnome artificer about 4ft tall, but she also rejected him for the same reason, even wildly laughing at his thing, though luckily not petty enough to spread rumors. This time, he dated a senior apprentice of his, a well-mannered and pretty halfling, the smallest of the demi-human races, but even she said he was too small.

As for looking for help to cure his affliction? He tried, oh he tried. From going to the church and praying to the various gods of fertility, to reading over 300 thick books and tomes in the tower's library, browsed through dubious knockoff medication and books on the black market, and even asked the help of his mentor, sage Wuqirax, a 93-year-old 7th-circle master wizard of the school of transmutation!

However, what he said disheartened him completely.

"I only know of one spell that can help you, and that is the fabled 'True Polymorph', a 9th circle spell used by archmages, and few archmages specialize in transmutation and none exist in our kingdom. If you had a member that was too large, there might be ways to help you get somewhat smaller. But, to make it bigger... Is hard... Even spells such as 'alter self' cant help you, as that spell only slightly alters your facial features and skin color, not build and other traits, and your member won't function even if you somehow increase its size somewhat. If you had an innate ability to shapeshift like a changeling or some rare monster races, you might be able to change your size and even gender and race with but a thought, but for us humans that is a 9th-circle spell, and it is not permanent either. Take heart, young man. Go and improve yourself, focus on the wonders of magic instead of the traps of love, and one day, you might find a way to mend it on your own, or manage to curry favor with someone who can."

 

"Only mentors' solution is reliable. Dubious medication can have unexpected consequences, and possibly kill me. As for faith? That is but a gamble. It's worth the prayer, but it is unreliable." - Is the conclusion that Jacque reached after meticulous deliberation.

After crying his heart out until his hazel eyes dried out and started hurting, poor Jacque turned and lay on his back, staring in a daze at his stone-cold ceiling.

As he stared at the ceiling, thoughts of suicide crossed his mind.

"I will never find love in this life... Should I just end it all? But what about father? I am his only child... Losing me would devastate him..."

Jacque debated in his mind for half an hour whether to kill himself or not, but in the end, he decided not to.

"Screw it. I should listen to the sage and try and look for a solution myself. Perhaps one of the books I still didn't read in the library has a solution."

Jacque looked at his glass window and saw that it was already nighttime.

"Forget it. I will study tomorrow. For now, I will meditate."

After casting a cleaning spell on himself and his pillow, Jacque sat down cross-legged and cleared his mind.

Meditation was a staple for many professions that required one to use their intelligence or willpower, and wizards are among them. They need it to hone and sublimate their minds, to allow them to more easily manipulate the flows of magic all over the world. Even the most ancient and powerful of archmages meditate.

Since Jacque is but a wizard apprentice, he naturally needs to meditate too.

 

 

 

"Dong* Dong* Dong*..."

Jacque was awoken from his meditation by the light streaming through his window and the sounds of the morning temple bells, signaling that it was 6 clock in the morning.

"It's morning." - Jacque thought and got up from his bed.

"[Clean]." - Jacque mumbled and gestured at himself.

The perspiration and grime that had built on his body and clothes throughout the night puffed away, leaving pristine and clean clothes and smooth and clean skin.

"Much better..." - Jacque mumbled.

Cleaning magic is one of the easiest cantrips a wizard can learn, and almost all magic casters know the spell due to its ease of learning and practicability, serving as a training tool for complete novices in the arcane arts. It is so easy and commonplace that around a tenth of the population knows how to use it.

"Still, it's been a while since I took a hot bath..." - Jacque mumbled.

Although the cleaning spell can clean the body, making baths meaningless for a wizard, they were still a much-coveted relaxing luxury that many liked.

After that, Jacque made a gesture in front of him, and two spectral hands appeared in front of him. He then silently gestured at the water jug and cup on his table, and the hands flew to them, one picking up the cup, while the other pouring water into the cup from the jug. Then, the hand holding the cup flew to Jacque, who took it with his real hand and dismissed the two spectral hands as he started drinking the water.

"Gulp* Gulp* Gulp* Ha... Much better."

This spell was called [Mage hand] and was also a cantrip, but it is one of the more difficult ones an apprentice can learn. It didn't have any destructive power, its pushing and lifting power was small, it can only last a minute at a time, and its utility was rather limited to conveniences and special situations, so it was rather unpopular, but Jacque still learned it for fun, spending an accumulated time of 17 days to grasp it. In the beginning, he could only form one hand at a time, but because he practiced it daily, it increased to two.

After putting back the wooden cup on the table, Jacque took a toothbrush and herbal toothpaste from the table and started scrubbing away at his teeth. Although the [clean] spell can clean non-living material, living cells, germs, and bacteria were left unaffected by it, so brushing the teeth was essential unless one wanted to have rotten teeth by the age of 30.

After brushing his teeth, Jacque straightened up his robes, took his leather purse from under the bed, and exited his small apprentice room while not forgetting to lock the wooden door behind him with his key.

After entering a corridor lit by magical torches that served as a dorm room, Jacque paced to a deep stairwell and walked down the stairs with careful but steady steps.

On the way, he met two other apprentices wearing blue apprentice robes, both of which had tepid relations with him.

"Iphiar, Hoqihr, good morning." - Jacque greeted curtly.

"Good morning, Jacque." - They greeted back and then continued their chatter.

Not wasting any time, Jacque passed by them and headed downstairs.

Soon, he reached the ground floor, with the entrance to the tower guarded by two menacing sets of shiny full-plate armor. Jacque ignored them and exited the tower, and as he did, the helmets of the armors briefly turned to stare at him, before returning to position.

These are called "living armors", lifeless magical constructs that wizards create to guard their abodes and strongholds. Regardless of their more-than-apt martial prowess, they also possess blindsight, making invisibility pointless in front of them. As such, they are favorite guards for many wizard towers against would-be thieves and assassins.

After Jacque exited the tower, what greeted him was a lively late-medieval city full of people, the city of Zaneas. Around half of the pedestrians were humans, and the other half were from other races, most notably gnomes, catkin, and halflings.

The small city of Zaneas is a border city of a human kingdom, situated near a nation of catkins, and a nation of gnomes, so their presence was expected. As for halflings, they are nomadic people, with modest communities present in many nations and cities.

Jacque didn't dawdle, however, and headed towards his goal, a local diner that served a modest breakfast for a decent price. Although he gets to live in the magic tower as an apprentice, he still needs to pay for his food and magic materials out of his pocket. Luckily for him, Jacque's father, Harold, is a very wealthy merchant owning several businesses in another city, so Jacque can easily afford the expensive tuition fee of 220 gold pieces per year at the tower, enough money to buy a merchant's house with a courtyard.

After he walked through the busy streets, Jacque reached the diner, called "Patsy's Meowlicious Diner.". As the name heavily hints, the owner is called Patsy, and she is a Catkin.

Ring* Ring* Ring*

The doorbell rang as he entered.

"Welcome! Oh, it's handsome Jacque!" - A serving girl holding a pen and paper greeted him.

She was a short girl, around 4'5 ft tall, with slightly tanned skin and a lean and modest build with little assets to show. What was noteworthy was that she had a pair of black cat ears instead of human ears, a black cat tail swishing mischievously from the special hole behind her short maid dress, a pair of golden verticle feline eyes, and long and pointy fingernails that looked like they will hurt if you got scratched by them.

She is Patsy's third daughter, Virna, and she is a half-Catkin, half-Halfling, and 16 years old.

"Hello, Virna. Are there any open tables?" - Jacque smiled and asked.

"Sure, Mr. handsome. Go to the second table on the left. Do you want the usual?"

"Yes, thank you."

Jacque then headed to the open table among the hubbub of customers wearing decent middle-class clothes. Although patsy's diner wasn't a luxury restaurant, it was situated in a good section of the city, and it catered to the middle-class, so Jacque didn't need to worry about getting mugged, hygiene, and food poisoning.

As he sat and waited patiently for the food to be served, an unwelcome guest came to him uninvited.

"Hey, handsome Jack! Good to see you!" - A greasy middle-aged man placed his hand on Jacque's shoulder and smiled, showcasing his set of yellowish teeth.

Jacque scowled at the man and shrugged his hand off of him.

"Rethoc, I told you not to approach me in the middle of the day. And my name is Jacque." - He scolded the man.

Rethoc was one of the black market dealers that Jacque frequented, occasionally inquiring about texts and lore about body modification and sex-related spells.

"Oh, a bit touchy in the morning, eh? Oh well, I'll get to the point." - Rethoc gingerly sat across him, leaned closer, and whispered.

"A group of goody-two-shoes has recently destroyed a demonic cult worshipping some demon lord related to the divine domain of lust. Although most of the cult was destroyed, some documents were salvaged by some of my contacts, and now I have some... Hot merchandise. Are you interested?"

Jacque's frown deepened at the lack of tact of the man in a public place, as well as the words "demonic cult". However...

"A demon lord of the portfolio of lust? Although it is risky, I might find a hint for a solution to my problem!"

Although Jacque was desperate, he didn't show it on his face, utilizing his years of experience as a successful merchant's son.

"Fine, I have some interest in it, but let's not talk here, it's too crowded. Let's meet in the usual place half an hour from now." - Jacque whispered back, signaling with his eyes at the other customers in the diner. Some of them already cast the occasional glance at them.

Rethoc understood his meaning and stood up while grinning, "Excellent. In the usual place, then. Enjoy your meal."

With that, Rethoc stood up and left, leaving Jacque to his thoughts.

"Although Rethoc is a slimy piece of shit, he still has some honor as a black-market middle-man. What he said should be true unless he wants to end up in the gutter. But, do I want to dabble in demon magic? That isn't an orthodox school, and it is even less accepted than necromancy. Also, if the church finds out about this, they might execute me in the name of justice. Although I am desperate, I am not suicidal enough to throw caution to the wind. I should tread carefully."

"Here is your meal!"

Just as he finished thinking, Virna's cheerful voice sounded as she put a plate with chicken eggs and bacon, with some yellow cheese and brown wheat bread on the side, a cup of coffee, and a small bowl of yogurt with apple slices for dessert.

"There you go! Enjoy your meal, Mr. handsome!"

"Thank you, Virna."

"No problem! If you need anything, just call, and I will be there in a heartbeat!" - She said and suggestively winked.

And with that, the short Cat-lady strode back to the counter to get the next order.

Without any reservations, Jacque ate his usual morning breakfast, although he occasionally paused while thinking about the upcoming deal.

What would you call a half-Human/ half-Halfling?
  • A half-halfling Votes: 15 31.3%
  • A quarterling Votes: 24 50.0%
  • A three-quarterling Votes: 9 18.8%
Total voters: 48
13