Chapter 61 – Conversation and head trauma
160 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

– POV General –

In the large living room of Lord Von Kokosnuss' fortified base located on the east side of the island, the Manahime twins of the Navy were sitting on a luxurious sofa. In front of them was Elijah Von Kokosnuss, who happened to be the younger brother of Achi's father, whom they were trying to find. The discussion had started in the adjacent office but had continued in this living room for more comfort and quiet.

The three of them had discussed many subjects, including Astrionite, which always left the two sisters completely speechless. Such an island, mined of this precious stone, was a most important piece of information, unfortunately they had to remain silent out of respect. It was still very frustrating for the Commodores and Billy Black though, as they wondered if the Astrionite market could be disrupted in the future. 

"I understand your shock, but everything here is governed by natural energy, which for some unknown reason is more dense and powerful than on nearby continents. You have set foot on a most peculiar island like the many other places in this mysterious and dangerous world !"

Elijah had opened his arms wide with passion, his black eyes shining intensely as he almost seemed to blush with misplaced excitement. His black hair shone in the sunlight, it was groomed and as neat as his flashy outfit. Hamilton's brother was a very handsome man but the twins were insensitive and as he gave his best smile, Kano who didn't care continued. 

"Okay cool that's all well and good but I have a question, why didn't you report it to the Navy ? If only for research or outside help...a kind of goodwill exchange."

"This entire island was legally acquired by my brother after being discovered by the nobility, it has a deed of signature and the King's stamp. I am cooperating with you because Hamilton asked me to but the Navy has no rights to this island, we have the right to involve you or not."

The message was very clear and as the two had stopped talking, the atmosphere had suddenly become more tense. It was well known that the Nobility and the Navy did not get along well, if at all, fighting over the laws and territories of the Nations of the Western Seas. However, one could not exist without the other, and although it was difficult to admit it, both maintained the balance in this area of the world.

This did not prevent them from having conflicts, especially when it came to control, but alliances and cooperation were not impossible. Especially when it came to hunting down the sea bandits that both sides hated and hunted, after all... "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". That was the case for here and in order to ease tensions, Elijah would smile again before sinking into his seat to continue.

"But hey~ Like I said, if you respect the confidentiality of our business, I don't see any problem with us sticking together, do you ? At least for this matter that is as important to my family as it is to the Navy hahaha~"

"..."

"Right ?"

"Sigh...fine,let's continue."

Not looking to argue the matter any longer, sighing Kano turned to her older sister who replied with a slight nod. Then, reaching out to Lieutenant Commander Black behind the couch without a glance for him, Kano waited. The man didn't waste a second to then hand her a large parchment that the Commodore soon spread out on the table while it was Aoi who spoke this time.

"I don't suppose you've ever seen this person ?"

"Let me see that..."

Adjusting his golden monocle as he squinted his eyes, Elijah leaned over the coffee table in front of him with the utmost attention. On the parchment was a face drawn in ink depicting a woman with a scar under her left eye and a seductive look. Above, two words were written in large letters "WANTED - HESTIA" followed by a small text and the amount of the reward which was for now 1,000 gold coins.

"Mmmmh, don't you think the smile is a little weird ? It looks like...an omelet"

"..."

"Anyway ahem ! No I've never seen a face like that in the base before but I can pass the wanted poster around to be sure concerning the others. I guess this is your number one suspect, right ? Unfortunately, even the name Hestia doesn't ring a bell."

Also written underneath was a description of the Hysterics who had found themselves at the Opera House thanks to Billy Black, all of whom were now described as pirates. All the misdeeds they had done so far were listed, from kidnapping to stealing exotic animals from the auction. Yet Elijah had never caught a glimpse of the wanted pirate or seen Mysie, Lucas, Kali, Joe, and Edward who carried Billy Black's hatred.

"A few days ago in Gaze on the southern continent, one of the city's merchants was found dead in the forest, along with his son and his two daughters. The information came from the Crow's Nest and after staying there for a few days, a group of people reportedly took orders from the many stores. It was them…"

"The Crow's Nest huh ? I didn't know that the Navy gave any importance to this organization which is mostly too curious and has fun throwing out information out of nowhere..."

"Curious perhaps, but it is like the Nobility, a source of information that has already proven its value many times in the past. It's our choice to believe them or not but their claims have always proven to be true and very useful."

As Aoi responded to Elijah, Billy Black didn't miss a beat of the conversation at all, learning for the very first time the name of the organization. This strange informant who a few days ago had sent a letter to the two Commodores. The crow's paws symbol as a signature was etched in his memory as the Lieutenant Commander discovered that the Navy had many secrets.

The Crow's Nest was a group that did not belong to either side, merely providing information for a fee. The organization was not illegal and had a special status because of its usefulness to both the Navy and the nobility. Headed by a mysterious woman who had eyes almost everywhere in the world, it was now known and recognized by the most powerful.

"Anyway, we didn't get any more help because it's up to us to do the work, but according to our calculations, it might be that Hestia wants to come here. Maybe she's even already here on this island for some reason we don't know yet...is that possible ?"

Finding that they were spreading themselves a bit too thin, Kano spoke up again, tapping the poster on the table to get everyone's attention. Now that the twins knew about the peculiarity of the island, they were even more convinced that the Captain was coming here for something specific, but what ? And then how had she known about its existence before she stole the map ? Too many questions arose as Von Kokosnuss answered.

"Well...as I told you this place holds many secrets and even though it is owned by my brother, we don't control all the comings and goings. If this young woman has made this island her target, she may very well be here without our knowledge."

What the man with the golden monocle had said was true, it was too risky to control the entire area, he and his men focusing mainly on the east. Hamilton had based all his security on the secret side of the island but since his map had been stolen, everything was different. So the thieves could be anywhere as well as nowhere but to find out there was only one solution which Aoi was quick to reveal. 

"We don't have a choice anyway, we have to investigate and leave no stone unturned, you understand, don't you ? We'd have to be able to go exploring to find out for sure, and then..."

"I-Impossible ! I mean...it's too dangerous. We're content with the eastern zone for the moment since this is where the Astrionite caves are the most numerous, but beyond these mountains, it's almost certain death...trust me we sent many slaves"

Elijah had reacted immediately by almost choking on his tea causing the two Commodores to raise their eyebrows. They had immediately felt that he was hiding something but this conversation was not an interrogation of the master of the place. So, instead of bumping into him, Kano after a fake smile leaned in with a piercing look before speaking in a serious voice followed by her older sister Aoi. 

"We're here to find your niece and capture these pirates so we're not going to wait for Hestia and her gang to show up here, if tempted that is even the case. Our officers are much tougher than your soldiers or slaves, Sir..."

"What my sister said is true and then we can't risk everything on deductions, every lead must be ruled out even if it takes time. We must explore this island especially since...I am sure that our pirates are here too and therefore your niece as well. Who knows what the young lady is going through...we must be quick."

In the twins' minds it was clear, take advantage of their head start to strike fast and hard when Hestia and her crew least expected it. Unlike the Navy officers, she didn't know who she was being stalked by and how far the investigation was progressing. Aoi and Kano wanted to play on that and use what little information they had to their advantage to do what they were born to do : hunt pirates and clean up the seas.

"Sigh...v-very well but I warn you Commodores, once outside the walls of the base...you can't expect our help."

"We won't need it."

"Good. Then I suggest you rest in your quarters, your men must be tired and I still have much to do. My Advisor Travis will send you a detailed map of our fortress and once you have decided when to leave we can talk again."

As the man finished his sentence, the two young women stood up at the same time before greeting him, still unaffected by his charming smile. They quickly left the room following Travis Graham who led them directly to their quarters in the visitors' wing. As the door slammed shut behind Billy Black, suddenly the big smile on Hamilton's little brother's face disappeared to reveal a cold and lustful one.

"Tch, I hope those two weasels don't screw this up !"

_______

On the Hysterics side, the meal that had followed the Captain's awakening had ended a few hours ago but no one was twiddling their thumbs. After the discovery of the Morse code, new perspectives had emerged and time was not to be wasted. Since their arrival, Hestia and Edward had been injured, although they had freed the forest from the presence of the two jaguars, but were still very weak and recovering.

The goal was still to find out what Diana Hellfire had left on this strange and mysterious island despite the danger that was everywhere. So, Joe was working on deciphering the code with the help of Buggy and Douggy while the Captain had to take care of something else. As Kali had suggested earlier, her strange understanding of animals could be used to tame the black hawk with the red eyes to fly over the forest.

So that was hermission, without an idea of where they were and new directions from Diana, their blind exploration would be almost suicide. A deciphering and animal-filled afternoon lay ahead, but for that to happen, the main person involved was needed. Hestia was not at the campfire like the others, but had gone back to her quarters on the Cerberus after lunch for reasons unknown.

"Please I hope she's not doing anything completely foolish and insane..."

Worried and especially impatient, Lucas had left the others on land to go back up to the ship to see what was taking his Captain so long. In truth he was especially far from being in confidence and counted well to check if she was not in the process of making completely the opposite of what she should. Arrived in front of the door, still grumbling, the young man opened it, entering while speaking before freezing instantly.

"Hestia, what are you d-..."

*splash*

Hestia was standing in the middle of the room in a large basin of water, her usual cold gaze turned towards the one who had just suddenly entered. She had run her hands through her wet hair before stopping in her movement because of Lucas' irruption. Under the eyes of the First Mate stunned and speechless, once again the young woman was completely naked and obviously about to leave her bath.

Her skin was paler than usual bringing out her numerous scars and of course the numerous tattoos on her upper body. Water was running over her muscles and well-defined abs making them glow in the sunlight while Lucas couldn't take his eyes off her. Hestia didn't have a very large chest giving her a rather masculine look but it was worth saying that she was a mesmerizing beauty seducing both men and women at a single glance.

Her gray-green eyes seemed to glow as finally a teasing smile appeared on her face after a few seconds of silence. Shamelessly that she was, the presence of Lucas did not change anything especially when she knew perfectly the reaction that he was going to have, so she waited. The young man, after recovering his senses, began to stutter again while backing away red-faced and pink-eyed before running for the door.

"F-Fucking hell !!! I-I'll wait outside !!!"

*BANG*

"OUCH !"

Unfortunately, distracted by the sight he wanted to forget at all costs and his two meters height, the First Mate had hit his forehead. In the haste he had not paid attention and had taken himself one of the beams of the rather low ceiling, before sprawling of all his length on the wooden ground. Almost stunned, Lucas reopened his eyes to see out of nowhere, Hestia this time covered with a towel, leaning over him with a big smile.

"You really need to find yourself a girl, matey~"

The young Captain looked down with a smug and teasing smile at the one who had just smashed his forehead in front of her for her greatest pleasure. Her wet blond hair fell over her face and droplets of water trickled down Lucas' face. After a few seconds, he stood up quickly with a look of both annoyance and total embarrassment before heading for the door, glaring at Hestia.

"W-With you around ? No fucking way ! A-Anyway ! E-Everybody's waiting for you so it's whenever you want ! I-I'm going now so try to..."

*BANG*

However the young man had not even the time to finish his sentence that once again the sound of his forehead striking this time the door frame resounded. Again, he had not paid attention, much too disturbed and occupied to throw black glances to the young woman. This time Lucas had not fallen and Hestia could hear him swearing while he finally came out, unable on her side to retain her laughter in front of this scene.

"OUCH !!! NOT AGAIN, YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME !! HOLY FREAKING SHIT YOUR MOTHER THE WENCH !! FOR KRAKEN'S SAKE WHY THESE DOOR FRAMES ARE SO FUCKING LOW !?!?"

"PfffhahahaHAHAHAHAHA~ cough cough !!! Arg, shit..."

Unfortunately, as the Captain laughed out loud, suddenly a rather intense pain awoke where her ribs had been broken. Her bones seemed to have fused together at an incredible rate, but she wasn't completely healed and was lucky to even be able to stand. Sighing, Hestia dressed herself, her gaze becoming colder and serious as she thought seriously about her current condition.

"I hope this is only temporary..."

"Hiiiissss~"

"Mmmh, I know I have to be patient..."

Seth had appeared from behind the bed to answer his mistress who was staring at her left hand where the scar from the Hysterics pact was still present. It trembled slightly as the young woman stared at it with her piercing eyes before closing her fist in frustration. Once dressed, the Captain looked around before seeing an empty bottle of rum lying a few feet away, moving in its direction to grab it.

As she reached for it, Hestia had stopped as if worried about the outcome, fearing what she knew would happen regardless. Finally grabbing the bottle, she held it in her right hand while Seth came to slip around her shoulders without making a sound. Seconds passed, the beautiful young woman clutched the glass in her hand until finally she dropped the object to the floor with palpable anger.

"Nothing..."

She was unable to break it. Hestia, the young woman known for her unique strength that had increased tenfold with the awakening of her gift, was unable to break a simple bottle. What could have happened ? It was a real mystery but one thing was certain, for the moment, the Captain had lost any ability that made her proud. Alone in her quarters, staring at her hand with empty eyes, she did her best to control her emotions, always coming out in anger.

Hestia didn't know how long it would take her to heal if it was even possible, but this feeling of being weak was beyond unbearable. She hadn't told her crew yet, but for now, a hawk training session surrounded by the other animals was on the agenda. As the young woman threw the bottle that was about to explode on the wooden wall, she finally came out, her heart darkened by an ominous cloud.

3