Chapter 273-275
2.7k 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 273 - Black's Lunchtime

Sure enough『Force Boost』was activated.

It did, but,

「But, the time limit is just two seconds......」

My physical strength increased vastly and explosively just like that Wrath-Pun, but only for that much of time.

Concentrating that much, pouring even more magical energy and the magic created from that gives the effect for just two seconds period, this is not at all cost-effective.

Which reminds me, Fiona told me that she could use the enhancement-type magic, but as she had bad magic control that its consumption was many times more than normal.

Differing from offensive magic, the Boost effect would not be reflected with just magical energy, and it would truly become a loss.

That is why Fiona's speciality was offensive magic, but still the reason she used enhancement magic was purely because there was no one who could use that in our party.

Although it's too late, but Fiona truly has to go through trouble. I'm sorry, when you return I will surely treat you with tasty sushi and tempura......

At any rate, the current me is also the same, moreover I haven't even reached the minimum level to use this in combat.

「Hah, so it needs a lot more improvements, eh」

But, I have jumped above the first wall with this.

Surely other adventurers too do like this, and had reached the level to use the power of divine protection more strongly.

That is why, I am happy to have taken the first step.

「Thank you very much. Thanks to Nell-san I have understood the knack for activating it」

「No, I'm happy to have helped you」

Nell-san smiled gently while on her forehead beads of sweat appeared.

It was her who communicated via Telepathy and indirectly activated『Force Boost』. Probably she might have exhausted herself because of getting caught in between of magical energy waves that were like spontaneous discharge.

「Excuse me, is your body okay?」

「I have gotten somewhat tired, but it's fine!」

I seem to become healed endlessly while watching the bright smile of Nell-san.

This healing levels rivals that of little Lily's smile, truly frightening this Princess of Avalon is.

I become calmed down within my heart.

SFX: Kyuuuuu~

Suddenly, a cute small animals' cry like high-pitched sound rang out.

The source was, the person in front smiling at me, Nell-san, her stomach.

「Ah, I-I'm sorry!」

The next instant, her face blushed with red, she was embarrassed of this physiological phenomenon appealing the hunger.

「No, you see――It's already noon time, so it's only natural to be hungry」

"Ahaha", I replied appropriately, while my heartbeat increased seeing the cuteness of this blushing princess.

How to say, the blushing girls surely have astonishing destructive power. She even reacted this much just because her stomach's hungry bugs cried a little.

I want,――

「I have become hungry Kurono-san」

――A witch from somewhere who heartily lets her stomach roar and then speaks out proudly about the fact that she is hungry, to learn something from this princess.

Well then, leaving that aside, just like I said it is already going to be lunchtime, so I need to change the topic towards that, after all the probability of Nell-san crying is high if I kept on teasing her.

「So, I will preparing for the lunch, but what will Nell-san do?」

「Ah, That, you see, I always use the school cafeteria for lunches, but――」

I see, so it was not coincidence but inevitable to meet her in the cafeteria.

I thought she would go to the school cafeteria today too, but,

「Today I will cook!」

「Ah, I see. Please have fun」

「Um, I don't mean that, I am saying that I will make Kurono-san's lunch!」

Just what sort of logical leap is this?

From this flow, I could easily guess that we would be eating lunch together, but Nell-san actually proposed to make her handmade food.

「No, you don't need to. It feels bad to make you work that much――」

「Ah, I'm sorry......was it annoying?」

Uwah, isn't it against the rules to show an seemingly sad expression at this moment. It is to the extent that I could even see an onomatopoeic effect of *glitter* in her eyes.

I doubt there would many men who could refuse her when she makes this face, or rather, it is alright to take her proposal as a true matter from the bottom of her heart, it truly isn't any joke or lip service.

「It is not at all any annoyance. I truly want to eat Nell-san's handmade food!」

「Oh my, is that true! Well then, I will give it my best!!」

Like that, Nell-san again took on my requested and showed an expression brimming with motivation.

However, to eat a girls handmade food at such an unexpected turn, looks like I'm quite lucky today.

.

.

.

I used to be elated, as it is the talk about past.

「Here you go Kurono-san, please eat it without reserve!」

Nell-san handed out something while smiling happily. It was 'something' blackish, creepy, gave out foul stench and was in between the sandwich.

My enhanced vision, olfaction and sixth sense emitted wariness in full throttle. They seemed to tell that the stuff in front of me was a bio-hazard.

The instincts fired off strong rejection will so as to not let my palate, that catches taste on everything very keenly, to even touch that thing, but,

「So, please by all means!」

I forced it with rationality.

Even if I know intuitively that this shit is dangerous, it's still not good to not even eat a single bite, now that is forgetting favours. Even more when the other person used their ability's for my sake.

However, just what sort of will she had when she used her ability that the normal ingredients degenerated to form this dangerous hazard. Even if I casted blackening on food, it would look several times better than this.

After all this is carbonized no matter what. The feel given from it is the same from the corpses of monsters burned from Fiona's flames.

And what did she add in it, a sweet yet sour yet rotten, simply speaking an offensive smell wafted from it.

That thing was made into a sandwich in between normal white breads, as if emphasize that she had touched the breads at least.

The buns part are normal, but it only adds to the fact this all is a food.

The probability that Nell-san mistook her food for raw garbage can't happen even in one-in-a-million times.

Sandwich, a food that could eaten easily by anyone was not this hazard, and it was her who created a bio-hazard that could make anyone resolve for death.

「Um, are you not going to eat it?」

I was sitting obediently beside the dining table but regardless of the fact that the bio-hazard was in front of me I didn't try to even touch that, seeing me like that Nell asked in a purely inquisitive voice, but still the pressure behind those words wasn't something lukewarm.

Her blue eyes were clear without end, and there was no cloudiness in it.

Apparently she is neither trying to entrap me, and neither is this a royal joke that can't be understood by commoners.

Nell-san purely made a food for my sake, it was just that much.

「U-Um, Kurono-san?」

I reached my limits.

I need to already stop this glaring match between the hazardous dark matter and the coldly sweating me.

「Nell-san, thank you for the food」

I resolved myself, probably, the warriors that were to be disembowelled thought like this, no doubt about that.

In place of the blade that would tear and rip my stomach from outside, I took the bio-hazardous sandwich that could destroy my stomach from inside.

Alright, I don' give a shit! I opened my mouth and took a bit of the thing――

.

.

.

「――Kurono-san?」

「Huh, a dream, huh......」

Oh crap, my consciousness left me for a while.

Seriously, that was quite the nightmare I watched, there's no way the angelic Nell-san would try to kill me by poisoning by eating that hazardous substance, no she wouldn't even make it.

「What happened, you suddenly stared dreamily right after eating the sandwich?」

Ah, I see my consciousness went away because Nell-san's sandwich was too tasty, no doubt.

That's right, this Princess of Avalon's handmade bio-hazard.

「H-Huh......」

No, wait, am I being retarded, what is a bio-hazard. Am I mistaking reality with the dream I saw before――I want retort like that with all my strength, but seeing the true shit with my eyes, I need to accept the reality regardless of my choice.

That's right, in other words, the offensive smelling bio-hazard, stuffed in between the sandwich, was enshrined on top of plate in front of me while releasing a pressure just like that of a demon lord.

Moreover, just what sort of hero was took on a strike of sword, the remains of it are still left in my mouth.

I see, so I was a, hero.

「Fufu, was it very tasty to the point of fainting?」

Her cute way of talking, more than half didn't enter my head.

If this was actually tasty, no, if this actually had a safe taste that isn't bad or even good, I could've agreed to her words without hesitation.

But If I say that in this situation, it would not be good.

「Kurono-san, there are many servings, so eat a lot」

No, damn no, fuck no, absolutely no, I don't wanna die, this my limit!

「......Nell-san, I need to talk something serious with you, can you hear it out?」

I heard a truth much more cruel than death sentence, that I stopped running from reality and used all my power to survive.

That's right, no matter how much shrewd and cruel method I have to use, I will live, I will survive, just you see.

「Eh, Yes, what happened?」

I resolved myself. To the fact that I might make this angelic beautiful princess cry.

「This sandwich sucks!」

.

.

.

「I'm sorry」

It was not me but Nell-san who spoke out words of apology with all her heart.

No, even I should be apologizing.

I had her accompany me in the magic training, and even had her make food for me. It is the work of savage to make the person who did this much with good will to say words of apology to you.

But there is something called limits to everything. Even while being tormented by the pangs of conscience I have decided to walk the path of Shura while turning into a demon rakshasa.

In short, I told her that her food sucked.

Well, a dispute occurred, but Nell-san ate the bio-hazard that she gave birth to, and agreed to the validity of my complaint.

「I'm truly sorry......I never thought my food was this bad......」

I sensed a strange nuance in Nell-san's excuse,

「Well, it can't be helped when no one actually pointed it out」

Looks like, the one who admonished Princess' handmade cooking for the first time in history is just me.

Seeing Nell-san accepting the shocking truth while in tears, it doesn't seem like I would be sentenced to capital punishment, so I can be relieved.

「I had gotten a misunderstanding that it was tasty because everyone used to eat it without leaving anything......ufufu, I'm such an idiot」

Her white face seemed to suffer from heartache, seeing that expression all the men in the world would do anything to make her smile, that much of emptiness could be felt from her.

But, as for me, I want to pay my regards to the brave heroes who ate all of her food as to not to let her know her cooking was bad, yeah truly brave.

Especially the ones that stopped Nell-san's bio-terrorism before she started treating others her food were the members of『Wing Road』.

I can respect that from the bottom of my heart this time truly, I can now accept that they are Rank 5 Adventurer Party both in name and reality.

But, their touching hard work had become nothing due to me.

I understand their consideration for not letting Nell-san know the cruel truth about her cooking. But, surely but slowly, a day she would know the truth would come.

It was only by fortune that I was able to point it out to her without looking at the risks.

No matter what Nell-san thought, if this was Avalon nation I would've been sentenced with lese majeste.

However, there was also a limit in immersing herself in justifying her deeds, because,

「I was making everyone eat this filth with happy faces......I'm dead as a person......fufu, over......」

Nell-san was overwhelmed by the shock that her self-hatred ran towards in a dangerous direction.

It felt like if I left her she would slash her own wrists.

Her clear blue eyes that seemed like blue skies also seemed to have darkened as if dark clouds appeared in them.

It would bad to leave her alone. I need to take the responsibility and follow-up for her.

But, what should I say.

It isn't bad enough to be inedible? No just no, that bio-hazard has already deviated from the general idea of food, even completely flawlessly.

If I actually said that and she replied, "Then please eat it Kurono-san", I don't doubt that I would say NO to her.

Damn it, no matter what I do, I can't follow-up this sandwich......no, wait, I see, it's just best to ignore this stuff.

「Nell-san, every person is not good in cooking from the start」

Well, if asked that every inexperienced person in cooking could create that poison stuff then the answer would be no.

「If you are bad at cooking currently! Then it's just left to become good from now on!」

In short, this motif is "Let's forget the disastrous past and look at bright future!".

「But since I was small I have always had an interest in cooking, but with it this bad, I don't think it will be good......」

「That is wrong, the way you made it till now was just wrong, so it will be fine if you learn it from now onwards!」

「B-Buttt――」

「You can do, you can do, you can definitely do! If you try you can do it definitely! Let's make everyone eat good food!!」

I attacked her with positive words as if to press for an answer.

If I back down here there would no backtrack, hold out me! I can do it if want to!

「Y-You're right......this time I will work hard for making good food!」

Great, Nell-san has recovered by responding to my passionate feelings. Her clouded eyes were also shining greatly with the light of hope beyond recognition.

「By the way Nell-san, from whom did you learn the cooking till now?」

「Eh? It was self-taught」

I see, so that is the source of all evil and crimes......

Chapter 274 - The Cooperative Relation between Magic and Cooking

「Bullet Arts――」

I swung the『right arm of Wrath-Pun』and on the tip of its red blade, the black magical energy coiled around like a whirlpool and formed into a bullet, no, cannonball.

The streamlined shaped bullet made from the materialization of hard substance had 'flames' filled to the brim from inside.

The detonator was the exploding magic equation, which was the most simple impact sensing type, in short, it would explode on hitting.

「――Grenade Burst」

Like that the cannonball completed was of about 30 cm in size, but still it was shot out at the speed of normal Bullet Arts.

The secret to the speed was the black jet propulsion blowing out from the back of cannonball.

I imitated blast-type magic equation that emits any certain attribute used in Model Magic and implemented a jet-black booster which gave a strong propulsive force to the cannonball.

Thus, the cannonball flew through air while leaving a trail of black smoke and hit the target without missing from the target.

The moment that hard warhead pierced through the red-coloured human-shaped slime's chest while opening a big hole, the explosive power hidden inside the『Grenade Burst』was released.

In the outdoor manoeuvres grounds in this Royal Spada Academy an explosion sound rang out.

If it was just that much then it this was just a normal phenomenon to occur in the shooting manoeuvres grounds. But the explosion created by me was lot greater than normal.

The big explosion of black flames created by me not only blew away my target but also the targets on both sides.

I mistook the power, eh. Fuh, I'm sorry for being bad with magic.

Students standing on my both sides, probably of Mage Class, stabbed me with gazes that both surprise and anger.

For the time being I thought to apologize,

「Kurono-saaan! It was huge success, right!」

But at that time a high-pitched encouraging voice reached me.

「Yes, it went great due to Nell-san」

I wasn't doing any lip service, but this『Grenade Burst』was completed all thanks to her cooperation.

「It was truly powerful Kurono-san. I can't believe you are a Rank 3 adventurer」

Nell-san came running towards me, while shaking those big breasts, and she was being happy upon my success in completing the new magic.

And she directed a beautiful royal smile towards me.

That moment, I immediately understood that the gazes of students near me now only had hostility in them.

Even if they don't say, I know the reason for it.

Within the past three days, I have been conducting work together with Nell Julius Elrod, the idol of this school, as though she were my personal possession.

Today was 23rd of Platinum Month, three days had already elapsed since the day Nell-san had visited me.

And in the past three days she had been visiting frequently to my place.

First reason was, she was helping me in the research and development of my new magic, while the second reason was to let me teach her cooking food.

In other words, the relation between me and Nell-san was helping each other, a give-and-take relationship.

.

.

.

「So as expected, the people who can cook do need creativity」

「No, a beginner doesn't need one」

My ability wasn't enough to call it my speciality.

As a high-schooler I was able to create fried rice and stuff, while as an adventurer I have learned minimum cooking techniques.

「Flame power is the life of food, right!」

「It will only give charcoal, so let's stop」

But, still I know the basics of cooking, on the level of common sense.

「The cooking needs various subtle seasoning for bringing out the flavour――」

「Don't do anything excessive and just create it according to recipe」

Well in short, even that sort of me,――

「T-The cooking will be tasty if made with love......」

「Stop the delusions」

「Ugh......」

――Could teach Nell-san about the fundamentals of cooking while using my own cooking knowledge.

For the time being, I should teach her how to create a sandwich safely――I resolved that, and three days passed,

「Yeah, quite the normal egg sandwich is......finally created, Nell-san!」

「Yes, it's all thanks to Kurono-san!!」

And finally we reached the completion of a safe sandwich.

In the kitchen of quite big dorm, we both exchanged high give and shared our happiness.

Though it was just three days, it was quite the harsh thorny road to reach here.

From Nell-san's line, her outlook on cooking had already changed, but the true fear is when she truly cooks.

I had already gotten used to living a life in this another world where magic existed, but guess what, I never thought that I would be using magic to cook.

No, this way of speaking is faulty. No it was only natural to use magic in cooking, like burning with fire, washing with water, oh right, engraving freezing magic equation on boxes, and are used as a replacement for refrigerators.

Then what was the problem? The answer would be to use magic directly on the ingredients.

In other words, it would be something like using『Blackening』on ingredients. Just who would eat something that questionable thing.

But however, Nell-san seriously believed that the food would become tasty upon casting magic on it.

Naturally, the result from that was the birth of the bio-hazard stuffed in between the breads.

No, seriously, even now whenever I remember its taste,

「......It's just scary」

「Kurono-san, what happened? Are you hungry already?」

Well whatever, it is the talk of past already.

At any rate, like this Nell-san had started to walk the way of cooking properly, now I can only expect her to improve.

「You're right, then let's eat it quickly」

I felt like a master seeing the growth of one's disciple, but I won't be saying it out loud.

But right now, I would eat this normal yet somewhat unshaped sandwich.

.

.

.

The next day, 24th of Platinum Month.

It has already been four days since I have been eating Nell-san's handmade food as the breakfast.

From tomorrow, I will teach her something other than just sandwich, after all eating egg sandwiches everyday is not good.

Thinking about the menu of breakfast, then I want soup to be the next......no it will be too fast, if it's her she might use something ridiculous as the dashi, like bones of skeleton.

In that case, making a salad from dishing out vegetables would be the safe way.

Yeah, great, I'll go with that, I will teach her to make a vegetable salad along with sandwich. Now that is a light meal and good combination.

While thinking like that, the afternoon classes were over and I head directly back to the dorm.

I attended the class of basic pharmacy, which happens to be a popular class among adventurers, but as I had no friends in the Adventurer Course, so as always I was alone when leaving the class.

However, my name and face had become popular with the incident in the school cafeteria that I could feel various inquisitive gazes piercing me.

There were even reproachful gazes which were one step short to becoming killing intent.

But of course I don't quibble to them saying「Whad da fuck watching at!!!」, I don't want to receive anymore stigma and neither do I have the narrow-mindedness and will-power of a hoodlum.

Leaving that aside, henceforth I am walking alone, but as I had plans to meet someone after school, so I didn't feel lonely.

Of course the person I had plans to meet was Nell-san.

In noon I teach her cooking while after the school she teaches me magic.

My brain doesn't translate magic words so it was thought impossible for me to learn Model Magic, but thanks to Telepathy, I could understand the meaning and image of those words directly.

Of course it also meant that her way of teaching was better.

Regarding Model Magic Fiona was the most knowledgeable person, no doubt, but because of her talent she didn't excel at teaching others.

Just who would understand that explanation of only onomatopoeic words?

Lily also could use magic similar to Model Magic, if based on just the results, but because her magic was Extra Magic that the magic equation they different systems of magic used were different.

Extra Magic was a natural ability that particular races had, so it was already impossible to teach it to others.

It's just like how a man would teach a fish to walk on two legs, the problem was impossible based on structure.

Nell-san wasn't a human, but she could still use Model Magic. Even so she had her clumsy parts for which she was still learning with great deal of effort.

In short she understood the feelings of a person 'without talent' unlike Fiona.

Henceforth, within just three days time my understanding regarding the Model Magic has increased a lot.

However, my body had no colour magical energy, so no matter how I try hard I wouldn't be able to activate Model Magic in its original form.

If magic could be activated with just Magical Theory then Simon wouldn't be an alchemist but a Element Master in true meaning.

Well whatever, I don't have a prodigal brain, so it is impossible for me to understanding all the Magic Theory.

Even now I don't clearly understand the magic equation of Model Magic, but, even so it helps in the development of my black magic so this is fine as it is.

At the very least I was able to learn my desired『Eternity』just recently, so the signs of magic study from now on are superb.

Well then, what should I ask her to teach me today, I thought that sort of restless and diligent thing, when suddenly,

「Hello, Kurono-san」

A voice called out to me from behind.

If just based on the words, they seemed like that of Nell-san, however I have remembered her voice within the past couple of days. I can't possibly mishear it.

Long story short, this voice was of some different female.

However, excluding Nell-san, I don't have a clue of any other female student in this Academy who would call out to me with my name.

Just who would――well, I will understand right after turning behind.

「Ah, Erina-san, hello」

Just as I thought, the answer was given right after turning around.

The person standing there was, the reputed receptionist of Spada Adventurer Guild, Academy District Branch, Erina-san.

「Ufufu, looks like Kurono-san truly is a student in the Academy」

Erina-san while smiling could become a picture that could decorate the cover of a fashion magazine aimed at women.

But then, I don't know if there is such a magazine present in Spada or not.

At any rate, she wore a white cape, her hair arranged properly, and was wearing casual dress, so her allure was being emitted.

Ah, white cape and that hairstyle, it's the same one when she was attacked by Joto.

Hmm, as expected, changing the fashion sense it becomes difficult to think of them as same person――no, more than that,

「Yes, the classes were over just before」

This was inside the Academy, however the decisive blow was the fact that I wore the uniform of Academy.

In truth I want to wear the『Diabolos Embrace』all the time, but as expected it will look odd to wear a thick black leather coat in this summertime.

Henceforth I wear normal uniform during school hours.

Well, I did buy this uniform, so I need to use it to death.

「Well then, it's already after school, right. It's just perfect, how about we talk Kurono-san?」

Her smile seemed to be filled with three time more emotion than the business smile in guild, or maybe it's just my imagination.

「It's fine. But I have to meet up with someone so I can't talk that long」

「It's fine」

Therefore, like that I started walking together with Erina-san, but continuing after the Princess of Avalon now this beautiful receptionist......

The gazes of male students passing by us stabbed me hard......

Chapter 275 - Friend (1)

In the afternoon of 24th of Platinum Month, the sound of class's chime that she had been waiting eagerly for reached her ears.

Before like an elegant princess Nell used to tidy up textbooks and writing implements in a comfortable and elegant manner, however right now she stuffed everything into her bag in a hurry as though ever second of time was precious to her.

Like that, she stood up in a hurry, and tried to get out of the class with a force as if the wings on her back would make her fly, but,

「Please wait, Nell-sama」

Her steps stopped right at the moment someone called out to her.

She turned around and saw several classmates of her standing there with a noble girl from Avalon standing in front of them all.

Although not like Nell, they also were beautiful, while the air around them was quite elegant revealing that they were of high class parentage.

They group was a feast for the eyes of men, but for the male students of Elite Course studying in the same room they weren't beautiful enough to attract their eyes. It was nothing more than a normal scene in their daily life.

「Yes, what might it be?」

「You seem to be in a hurry, are you not coming to the club today too?」

In the Royal Spada Academy, or rather, in all the city-states in the centre of Pandora Continent, there are organizations called clubs for the sake of extracurricular activities. In short, club activities.

Nell was a given, and even the other members of Wing Road were affiliated to the same club.

That was the most brilliant club, where many students try to join but can't due to harsh conditions, still even more of the students long to enter it, that was――the『Social Club』.

Although just a school club, the members were all nobles with a peerage higher than normal.

The information exchange between them was natural, while creating personal connections with each other for great influential power in future was also done here.

Not to say just how valuable it is to interact with royalties that were the top of a country.

But then, there was also a pitiful prince who stood besides the ball without anyone talking to him during the party supervised by Social Club. Naturally, he stopped coming to the club from next day onwards.

Hence naturally, much more interaction was needed from Nero and Nell, the Elrod brother and sister.

That wasn't just because their future prospects were amazing, but also because these two had quite the charm in them.

Nero tends to things bothersome and so would rarely show up in the club, on the other hand the diligent and sociable Nell came there most of the times.

However she was also a member of a Rank 5 Adventurer Party, so the pressure of work she had to handle couldn't be compared to that of a normal person.

Therefore, the number of days she could appear in the club were limited.

That was why, joining the Social Club could be said the best way to elegantly spend the 'leisure' time left in her busy daily life.

「I'm sorry. I have work today, so I won't be coming」

But she declined with an immediate reply.

「Oh my, that is unfortunate」

The female student from the same country spoke while frowning, against her Nell also replied with shrewd face.

「I'm sorry even though you invited me. I won't be able to come to the club for the time being」

「For the time being? Do you mean until Nero-sama comes back from the outdoor training?」

「......Yes, till then」

After a short pause Nell consented.

Did her actions had some suspicious parts? The female student's eyes turned sharp and she opened her mouth.

「Nell-sama, please don't show much pity on a filthy adventurer, moreover a man, without any peerage or background history」

「Eh?」

For a second Nell just kept on blinking her eyes without understand what she said, but little by little she came understand the meaning of her words.

A male adventurer, having interacted with her, was only person.

「The rumours have already started spreading in the school. That there is a certain person trying to get close to you by being overly-familiar」

「Kurono-san isn't a person like that!」

In an second the whole class fell silent.

Although raised in a good family, they were also children of people, moreover at puberty, so it wasn't rare to shout out once or twice, however the ideal princess Nell Julius Elrod had never shouted out before with a voice that could resound in the whole classroom, so this was more than enough for everyone to be shocked.

How it wasn't only them, but also Nell who got surprised.

The female student stared in wonder, while similarly as her Nell also widened her rotund blue eyes.

Immediately after, she seemed taken aback and overlapped her statement with new ones while facing downwards as though she were embarrassed.

「Ah, I'm sorry......but Kurono-san isn't a bad person like the rumour says」

The rumour she talked about was the one about 'tentacle man' that started to spread about a month ago.

「Kurono-san is my precious friend. Please don't speak badly of him」

It was unforeseen to see Nell opposing with resolution, the female students standing in front just showed expressions of bewilderment, while keeping silent.

「I thank you for being worried about me, but you are going too far for speaking about my private relationships. I am not a child anymore, I can choose the person whom I want to go out with」

Nell spoke in a sharp tone, and as if to cut down the conversation she left the room while speaking words of farewell.

.

.

.

Nell Julius Elrod was resenting.

She had a personality that seemed to be unrelated to anger, but she had enough backbone to raise her voice if her friends were to be ridiculed.

(Why......everyone talks bad about Kurono-san......too cruel)

If the unfounded rumour and infamy was due to the walking alone and helping her, even the kind-hearted Nell would be angered.

(Ah, I'm sorry Kurono-san, I have given you bad rumours again......)

While feeling displeasure regarding the classmates that said thoughtless things, she that it was sad that she had been causing problems for him.

In the first place she held an isolated social status of First Princess of Avalon.

If she had interaction with a man nothing more than an adventurer, it was easy to imagine false rumours being spread.

No matter how much good will she had, based on time and circumstances it would only cause the other person troubles. Nell knew the meaning of the words 'it's not your business' or 'don't bother me!'.

That was why, sometimes it was needed to get away from the other person on her own, however,

(But Kurono-san is already an friend of mine......It will be rude to keep my distance from him)

She didn't had that intention at all.

(Moreover, I've only caused trouble to Kurono-san and not returned the favours yet)

Nell kept on thinking the reason she couldn't get away from Kurono, but she recognized a person in her peripheral vision and her thoughts stopped.

Before she realized it, in front of Nell walking on the avenue leading to Kurono's dorm, a tall person with black hair was standing.

「Ah, Kuro――」

Her elated voice, without reaching the end, entered back into her throat.

「Eh, huh, that person is......」

Before she realized herself an expression of bewilderment appeared on her face and her gaze wasn't affixed on her precious friend, but the beautiful elf girl standing beside him while laughing like a flower.

She didn't recognize her at first, but Nell's brain worked hard and she derived the conclusion that it was a person she knew.

「If I remember correctly, it is the guild receptionist, Erina-san」

『Wing Road』surely reached Rank 5 in the shortest time, but at the time of formation they surely used the Adventurer Guild branch present in Academy District.

There they had met the reputed beautiful receptionist, so naturally she knew about her.

Why is that person here, kicking away that question, Nell's big chest felt something like an indescribable malaise.

「Why, what for? Talking with Kurono......」

Her heart throbbed faster in a bad sense.

She also didn't know why, but before she knew it, she was already tailing behind the two of them by killing her presence.

Nell didn't have offensive ability, but she was a member of a Rank 5 Party, so her stealth skill was already quite high-levelled.

If she wanted to, she could also use support magic on her and her stealth mode would level up even more.

Moreover, if she used her speciality, the wind magic, then,

「sorry――later――that's why――」

She could eavesdrop on their talk while maintain a distance.

The conversation between the two first came in broken pieces, but soon enough could be clearly heard as though they were all standing close to each other.

「――You haven't come recently, it's lonely」

「Sorry, I will come tomorrow, so give me your recommended quest」

「Ufufu, I will choose a harsh one just for Kurono-kun」

「I'm alone right now, so please not a dangerous one......」

Nell stopped the wind magic carrying their voices and her steps.

「What, am I, doing?」

Why was she not able to call out him normally?

She even eavesdropped their conversation, it wasn't a good deed as a human.

While seeing off the two walking to the other side of avenue, Nell was tormented by the whirlpool of self-abhorrence in her heart.

「......I need to, go to Kurono-san's place」

About the time the two couldn't be seen, Nell again started walking.

Even with guilty conscience, Nell didn't want to take the option of not wanting to meet Kurono.

No, it was because the feelings in her were too unmanageable that she wanted to meet him so bad that it couldn't be helped, just the two of them.

As a result Nell headed towards Kurono's dorm as she had planned at first. Her steps were, somewhat too heavy for her.

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

Oh, Nell looks quite strange......

4