The Grind?
6.6k 10 129
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

….

 

…………….

 

………………………….

 

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! IT IS OVEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

 

WATCH OUT WORLD! A NEW DEMON LORD IS COMING! YOU’RE ALL ABOUT TO DIEEEEEEEEE!!!

 

Oh boy! I’m not sure if it’s exp or souls or whatever, and I don’t really care! All you need to know is that I’m about to be grinding these poor little animals for whatever that blue energy was!

 

I can’t say how I know, but I know that I’m now stronger. All thanks to Bambi!

 

I wonder if karma exists in this world? Could be pretty bad for me….

 

Let me put out a prayer for Bambi.

 

“Thank you for your sacrifice little Bambi *sniffle* I’ll never forget you”

 

I think that’ll do it.

 

Alrighty then, I’m definitely slightly stronger. Just the tiniest bit stronger to be honest. But I did grow stronger, and that’s all that matters. So let’s start walking and see if there’s any other wounded animals along the way. And while we’re at it, let me see if bugs give exp too.

 

*Squash*

 

*Schwooop*

 

Yeap, they do. A negligible amount, but they do.

 

Why am I walking away and not eating the fawn you say?

 

That’s because I actually feel slightly full after absorbing that blue light. Plus, it’s not like I had any tools to actually cook the fawn. Looking back, I didn’t really think things through very far, did I? If I wasn’t full, I don't know what I would have actually done to cook that fawn….

 

Thank god for the blue light!

 

Is there a god here?

 

Well let’s not think about it too much~

 

For now, I have two objectives:

 

ONE! Find a place where I can sleep safely at night and… 

 

TWO! Continue killing any insects I find and any animal I may have a chance to. I’m not sure how long I’tll take for me to gain any meaningful strength, but don’t underestimate me! I’ve spent countless hours and sleepless nights grinding in my favorite rpgs to be fazed by the task ahead of me!

 

*Squash*

 

Didn’t I say previously that I wasn’t the type of girl that liked to go through hardships? And that’s why I didn’t work out in my previous life? 

 

Well this isn’t the same. I mean the results are instantaneous so I actually feel motivated! Unlike working out were you don’t even know if what you’re doing is right.

 

*Squash* *Squash*

 

Thinking about it, isn’t that how the dopamine in our brains work? We prefer to do things that gives us instant gratification as opposed to long term projects? Pretty sure I read that somewhere on the internet. Really, my laziness is all my brain’s fault~

 

*Squash* *Squash* *Squash* *Squash* *Squash* *Squash*

 

There’s a lot of bugs in the forest you know~

 

 


 

 

Oh! Found a cave! It’s inside a small mountain, pretty easy to see since there’s a lack of trees around the area. I should probably check for signs of a bear or something else that can eat me… 

 

Alright, I looked around and saw leaves, branches, rocks, and dirt in the ground. No clear sign of footprints, but it’s not like I even know how to tell if there are… Let’s just enter this cave and see if there’s anything inside. 

 

It’s pretty dark in here actually, I’m beginning to get a little scared you know. It smells damp in this place, but at least there doesn’t appear to be any animals in here. Or at least any that I can see…. 

 

There’s probably rodents and spiders in here right? Well, if I can't see them, then they don’t exist! 

 

So everything is A-OK!

 

Well now that I have a base let’s begin grinding for real! I need to find myself some useful items to build some sort of weapon so that I can kill animals and make grinding easier, after all, squashing bugs gets kind of boring pretty fast….

 

What? Didn’t I say that you shouldn’t underestimate my will to grind? Well you’re the fool for believing the words of a *future* Demon Lord! I mean, who the hell has the patience to squash bugs for hours! And without any music or podcasts for that matter!

 

Honestly, I’m starting to think that it would have been better to be summoned into an Otome Game world. I mean in those worlds, even if you’re summoned as a villainess, for the most part the body you’re put inside of is that of a gorgeous and a peerless beauty. And, so long as you’re not a horrible prick to those around you, you could expect to do pretty well for yourself.

 

What about when they’re summoned right after they’re disgraced or exiled you say? Let’s not worry about that. I mean, most of the time the girls are summoned in those situations, they always have some incredible talent or wit to aid them. I’d probably be unable to do anything however….

 

I’m getting pretty bored here, but well, it’s not like there’s anything else to do. So on i’ll go, squashing bugs and gathering resources, until something interesting finally happens….

129