Chapter 92
207 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author's Note: Work on my newest release has concluded. I can get back to updating. I will be posting a link to it here on this and future chapter updates for a while. :) It is 120,000+ words, $3.99. Litrpg/Gamelit harem waifu collecting apocalypse fun. It is also on Kindle Unlimited if you want to give it a try and don't enjoy the idea of paying money. Power Fantasy Chronicles of the Shattered Earth. It involves parodies of various anime/game worlds. This volume focuses mostly on a parody of Highschool of the Dead.

[====]

Scott gazed thoughtfully at the now occupied space in his bedroom. If science fiction and fantasy movies taught him anything, when people transferred between worlds there was supposed to be a brilliant light show. A portal would open, or a naked terminator was supposed to slowly appear while lightning skittered and skirled around the area. Sonja simply, appeared.

"Why do you seem disappointed?" she asked him curiously.

He grinned at her. "I'm not sure seeing you pop up could ever disappoint me. I just expected the transfer itself to look a little more interesting."

"How did it look?" Sonja cast her gaze about briefly. There was little difference in this new room when compared to the one that she just left. Furniture, a bed, and various clothing in disarray. All of the same trappings of occupation left by the man on her world were present in this new one. "I must say, I thought another world might be different as well."

His grin widened as a certain Disney movie song rose up in his memory. Scott held out his hand. "I will show you the world, princess."

"Princess is it?" she asked him softly a slight gleam in her eyes.

"I'm not calling you queen," said Scott lightly. "Oh, and while we're here be sure to call me Scott."

"Of course, Master."  Sonja took his hand lightly, and the two scantily clad people stepped out of the room.

The hallway beyond did not offer her any insight into the differences in reality. Scott flipped on the light switch. She spent a curious moment gazing at it, but dismissed it. They had lights back where she was from as well, though they worked differently. The same could be said of running water for bathing, and even a toilet.

It was not until they reached the kitchen that she began to notice a few intriguing differences worthy of note. The refrigerator was nothing particularly special, as elemental mana stones inside of food boxes could cool or freeze food. The stove proved to be slightly more interesting.

"You have a temperature range for the heat needed to cook each meal? We have to tap the crystal until it feels hot enough, or use a normal fire," said Sonja. Her eyes lit up a little as the idea of cooking on such a marvel began to give her ideas.

"I mostly cook using this, though," said Scott. He patted his microwave lightly.

"You use the small box instead of your stove?" she asked him curiously.

"It's not perfect, and honestly food tastes better when made by hand." Scott patted his microwave once more. "This is more for quick meals when you want to eat in a few minutes and don't care as much about the taste."

"Ah." Sonja eyed the microwave with a slight hint of disdain. "How does it work?"

"Not sure. I think the microwaves it produces excites the water particles in the food and allows it to cook without the use of things like oil and the like." Scott looked to her then continued, "There are people who can make culinary masterpieces with this thing, but most of us just use it to reheat left overs or quick boil rice and noodles."

"I see, so it is some sort of food warmer?" she asked.

"Sure. Though, I use it to actually cook at times. Just have to be careful what I choose to make because the taste can be a lot different," he said.

"What are these things?" she asked while turning from the microwave. She gestured toward the blender on the counter.

"Ah, that's my blender. If I don't feel like stirring stuff up by hand, I put it in there and it mixes everything together. That one can even crush and mix ice for drinks." Scott did not even have the chance to move onto the toaster, before Sonja rushed forward and began to poke at the device.

Her poking and prodding caused her to inadvertently press the power button and then the puree mode. Metal blades shrieked into action as the blender came alive with a hellish screech. She leapt back fists out in preparation. "Beware! It comes!"

Scott blinked slowly. While Sonja leaned left and right, he reached over and casually turned off the blender.

"You have pacified the beast...?" she asked, her eyes wide and her fists tight.

He barked out a laugh and shook his head. The sight of the apron-clad Valkyrie prepared for life and death battle against his blender was simply too much for him. He could not restrain his good humor.

Obviously annoyed, Sonja's lower lip poked out petulantly even as her cheeks reddened. Once he explained the blender and why it made such a hellish noise, her embarrassment could not be hidden.

Scott showed her how the 'beast' worked by taking out a bit of cake mix, milk, and some eggs. "Normally it's better to use a cake mixer since it won't over-blend, but you can blend cake batter in a blender if you use a slow setting."

Sonja watched curiously as her master poured the ingredients into the blender all at once, placed the lid back on it, and then awakened the hell beast from its slumber. The blender blades whirled quickly and soon the mixture was well-blended.

"That took so little time..." she said thoughtfully.

"Yeah," said Scott. "There's a ton of home appliances in this world that make cooking, cleaning, and laundry pretty easy."

"Easy laundry?" she asked in an incredulous tone. "Impossible. It takes hours to properly clean and dry unless you can use certain types of magic."

"Shall I wash your apron for you?" asked Scott lightly.

A certain light came to her eyes, and she quickly removed her sole covering. Naked as the day she was born, Sonja offered her only garment to him for wash duty.

"Follow me, princess," said Scott whimsically. He spun around apron in hand, then lifted his nose into the air. A soft chuckle escaped her lips as she followed after him.

"I haven't done laundry in a few days, so I'll just add it to the wash. I'm not fancy, so I just throw everything in at once," said Scott before he listed the lid on his washing machine.

"What is this device?" she asked him curiously.

He gave her a run down on what a washing machine did, though he was no expert on how it did it. A few minutes later a heavy load of laundry was underway.

"That is all? You simply put into the groaning box, and come back later?" she asked.

"Yeah. Once it's done running, I put it in the dryer," said Scott. "Though, that can run up the light bill. So, I tend to dry clothes outside most of the time."

Sonja immediately began to ask questions about the aforementioned dryer and Scott explained the technology. "Add a tumbling mechanism to a heating box and it helps to dry them faster... Interesting."

Scott could not help but note how excited she was by modern appliances. He almost made a joke about how she would make some man a good wife someday, but then he remembered her current situation. She did have a husband, and that bastard certainly did not deserve a cake or tumble-dry socks.

3