Chapter 2 Is This A Secret Agency Or What? Cont. 5
94 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What's going on?"

My husband enters and looks startled to see the two detectives. Although he immediately calmed down when he saw the lady detective who looked nice in her suit.

"Morning Nonako-sama."

He nods and looks over to me.

"They're here for Rinji…" I reply his questioning look then look back to the detectives. "You mind telling us what's going on? Why do you need Rinji at the station?"

I asked them.

"Is it that serious?"

Darling asked leaning to the wall opposite me.

"It is… It's concerning the resent murder cases as you have probably heard on the news…"

"Wait do you think Rin is responsible for that?!! I know Rin is a lot of things but he isn't capable of such atrocities."

Orino lashed. If she didn't I would have anyway and I can definitely say so for my Husband.

"Not at all. We believe he saw something and we would like to have his statement." He said taking the coffee up for another sip.

That would definitely explain his behaviour. Don't tell me he saw someone been done in, in front of him. Or could it be that… No no no… I shake off the notion if him being force to do it instead as an ultimatum for his own survival. And even so as a warning they did that to him.

"You mentioned about receiving a call from him."

"Yes ma'am. Around 8:11PM we received a call from him but after saying he was being chased by someone, we lost him. And when we tried getting back his cell was off."

"Chased by someone?"

"Yes Sir and we would like to speak to him about it."

"I see, but is there a need for him to follow you to the station?"

"Yes and no… Having him in a relaxed state during questioning is our aim. And as we would like to get the description on the perpetrator—if he did see the face of said person—a sketch artist will be needed. But if he isn't okay coming with us we would bring them over."

"I see… I should go get him then."

I make way towards Rinji's room which is on the top floor.

I, Rinji, turn my phone on. I had already changed the dress I was wearing when I woke up. It was soaked in sweat. And I'm now wearing a light brown cargo shorts and a black sleeveless hooded jacket—unzipped—over a long sleeved camouflage T-shirt inner.

I managed to get in a single digit percent on my battery, but I couldn't wait any longer so I took it off charge and turned it on.

Straight into the gallery to find what I was looking for. Back when I first saw the creature, when I turned on my flashlight I quickly managed to snag a picture of it.. And you can see it, clearly, feeding on the body which was beyond recognition.

… Wait! This picture is my ticket out of the madhouse. If I show this as proof maybe they'll believe me.

Then again in this modern day with CGI flying around who would believe it. They would just pass it off as another…

So what now?

KNOCK KNOCK

"Hey, hun."

Mom? What does she want?

"Could you please come down? I know you want to be alone right now but you have some guests."

Is something going on down stairs? I wonder who could be looking for me. Why didn't she send them away, though? I don't want to see anyone. Don't they get it?

Quickly I walk to the door and open it… and I let my frustration out.

"I told you mom I don't want to see anyone!"

I might have come on too harsh.

Her eyes were wide for a moment but she relaxes them and gives me a motherly smile.

"It'll only take a moment. I promise."

"… Sorry…"

"It's alright. It's good to sometimes let out your frustration."

I didn't mean to yell at her. I can only look away feeling disappointed at myself. I'm sure she knows how I'm feeling right now, my frustration aside.

"Let's go then."

I close the door and follow her. Down the stairs…

I don't think it's the boys… Maybe, Orino called to let them know…? Nah, I don't think so, she doesn't have any of their contacts. I don't have any other friends so who would be visiting and besides it's almost time for school so why would they want to delay here? Whatever, I might as well head down.

We enter the hall and !!! I see a woman totally rocking the suit she was wearing, her dark straight short hair, white skin and… and… her rack! It totally didn't disappear at all under the clothing, it's well above average and along with her looks she could bag any man she wants. it totally compliments her whole visage. A little bigger than Orino's, that's for sure. That's the only person I can compare her to. And she has an easy and calm face to boot. I look to my right and see dad leaning to the wall. He has a gleam in his eyes and he's sneaking a thumbs up to me. He definitely saw me look at her rack. It's a shame, I don't feel like ogling at the shape her dress is giving on her chest area. Oh, there's a man dressed like her next to her.

Who are they? And why are they after me? I definitely don't remember seeing them anywhere. I would never forget a woman with that type of rack. I definitely would want a woman like that… But why are they here.

"These detectives want to speak to you."

"Detectives?"

Right, the suits. I didn't see their badges so I couldn't tell. They probably have it somewhere on their person.

"Is something the matter?"

I asked.

"My name is Andou Shijo and this is my partner Oike Mai. We would like to ask you a few questions Mr. Rinji… We got your call from you yesterday but we were cut off, and when we tried to get back to you we could get a hold. What you said was alarming that's why we decided to investigate. So would you mind coming to the station with us?"

Yea, I did make a call to the police yesterday, so obviously they'd come to check on me.

"We got to the location where your call came from but we didn't find anything and…"

Somehow their presence just pisses me off. I could hardly hear what he was saying as his voice trailed off. My head is aching, my heart was beating just fast, anger is rising from within me. I'm about to pop…

"Tch" I clench my fist. "Seriously, it took you a day to come find me. And what would have happened, what would you have done if I was already dead!?"

The air suddenly becomes tensed. Mom, Orino, dad. I don't believe they thought it was that grave for an outburst like that. Even the lady detective looks concerned. I can already Imagine what they thought happened:

After I had seen the perpetrator and got caught and got cut. I managed to escape, but he chased me since I saw their face. Since he couldn't get me they'd be like:

[I know your face kid. I will find you and I will kill you and everyone you know. You hear me. I will kill every single one of you!]

Screaming those cliche sentiments on top of their voice.

What crappy as thing is that? Yea, it's almost equally as scary but what ever happened I'd rather prefer to be done in by a human not some sort of creature.

"Hey Rin, calm down."

Dad said placing his hand on my shoulder. I don't want to be calm,

"Don't you tell me to calm down."

I shrug his hand off.

"You weren't there. None of you were there. Do you know how I felt? How you feel when your life is about to be taken from you?"

I get that that's their daily life and all but I'm not ready to die yet, at least not by the claws of some hideously looking creature.

That is so the police. Even in the movies they'd always arrive when either everything had settled or the villain had finished what they wanted and was long gone.

"What, you're expecting to come and find some missing kid who'd end up dead in some alley and all you got to do is deliver the bad news to their family, go back to HQ and slack off without trying to investigate!! What a bunch of idiots." Ending it I turn facing the entry way…

"Rinji!!"

Dad yelled. He's angry at me, but at that moment I was on a flow that it didn't even cut me off and I end saying:

"I can't deal with this crap. Go deal with someone who would allow you to waste their time!!" I walk out on them.

1