1 – Awakening
971 3 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Awakening

 

I wake up to the sound of screaming. 

It's so loud…

 

A man yells at them and one goes silent…

 

I can't understand what anyone is saying. It just sounds like noise to me.

 

[Where am I?] I look around and I am surrounded by bars and stone. I am alone here but I see there are other places like mine. There are more people in there and they are all screaming.

 

A big man comes out of an empty room and goes to the bars of another room and starts yelling at the person in there, the person runs to the corner away from him but the man opens the door and hits him with something. Red goes flying and the person stops moving. 

 

Panic spreads through the room.

 

[What's going on?] As I try to understand what's happening to me I realize… [Wait, How did I get here? What's happening? Who… am… I?...]

 

I have nothing in my head. The only thing I know is there is a man stopping people like me and I am in a space with bars.

 

More intense screams… The bars open… One set of screaming stops… He is stopping everyone and he's getting closer and closer to me…

 

The few screams left get louder. I start panicking and desperately try to get in between the bars. Too small. I panic more. I tried opening it like the man did. Nothing… 

 

The girl in the space next to mine sees me struggling and turns to me with a blank face with empty eyes… She is just watching me. It's… like… she doesn't care. She knows she is gonna get stopped and she doesn't care. There is nothing in those eyes. I can just tell.

 

I start to panic even more and swing my arms at the bars…

 

More intense screaming and the Man starts yelling again.

 

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT ANYONE IS SAYING!!!

 

<Universal Translation Index bought, 5 Points spent, 45 Points remaining>

 

My head gets barraged with a bunch of pain but I ignore it and continue trying to find a way out.

 

"It's pointless, you know. We're all gonna die here…"

 

I turn to the girl in the space next to me. She is sitting on the ground holding her knees with her dirty hair and empty eyes. I'm puzzled for a second because I can understand her but it only lasts a second before I see someone behind her stop and red go flying again. 

 

[No…]

 

I backed up in the corner of the room next to what most of the stopped people were on and started to make myself as small as possible. I'm starting to get wet from my face…

 

"Tch your no fun are ya'. Not gonna scream? Not gonna beg for your life"

 

I know who he is talking to… That means I'm next…

 

I hug my legs as close to me as possible and I hear the man hit the empty girl girl to me. Surely she has stopped now. Or she died as she said.

 

"She sucked but at least we saved the best for last…"

 

I close my eyes. Hug myself as close as possible.

 

I hear the bars close and the man come out of the room next to mine. I start panicking even more.

 

Please dont see me. Please dont see me.

 

<Stealth Skill bought, 1 Point spent, 44 Points remaining>

 

More noise but I can hear him getting closer

 

Please dont see me. Please dont see me.

 

<Stealth Skill upgraded to level 2, 1 Point spent, 43 Points remaining>

 

More noise but I'm blocking everything out.

 

Please dont see me. Please dont see me.

 

<Stealth Skill upgraded to level 3, 1 Point spent, 42 Points remaining>

 

Please dont see me. Please dont see me.

 

<Stealth Skill upgraded to level 4...

 

Please dont see me. Please dont see me.

 

<Stealth Skill...

 

Please dont see me. Please dont see me.

<Stealth...

Please dont see me. Please dont see me.

<....>

Please dont see me. Please dont see me.

<...>

Please dont see me. Please dont see me.

<...>

Please dont see me. Please dont see me.

<...>

 

Silence…

 

I peek open my eyes…

 

Bang!! The thing next to me gets hit by the man. I close my eyes again.

 

"Where the hell did the little shit go!!" The man sits down on the thing he kicked…

 

I peek open my eyes again and I see him sitting there just looking around my space. His eyes pass over me and I panic but he just ignores me and continues on before another big noise happens and another smaller man comes into here.

 

"What's all the racket Borgo? You were supposed to get rid of the trash, Did someone put up a fight?" He walks to my space and leans on the bars.

 

"Nah I killed them all but I was saving the purple haired bitch for last to have some fun with but when I got back she was gone." 

 

"Yeah well you know we weren't supposed to mess with the Feudal Lord playthings."

 

"Right? So I thought since we were killing them anyway I figured I could have a little fun but the cell was empty when I got back."

 

"She escaped?"

 

"Nah ain't nobody getting out of this cell. Guess I must be tense from the Adventurers fucking up our operation. There's no way a girl that beautiful and small would be of age."

 

"Whatever. Enough with your fantasies and help me clean up all our shit. The Lord gave us a Magic Bag so we could relocate instead of leaving town."

 

"Aight. But we are going to the whorehouse once we are done. I'm all worked up after all the screaming."

 

They both stand up and leave the space, closing the bars again. I wait until I can't see them anymore and finally start breathing again. I sit in silence for a little before I get worked up again. 

 

[How didn't they see me? I was right in front of them?]

 

I look around the room and there is nothing but me and the thing the man sat on.

 

I need to get out of here before I get stopped… or the man said kill… before they kill me. I run up to the bars and look at the hole they used to open and close the doors… it's just an empty space. I put my finger in. Nothing. I look around and I see something that looks like the bars outside of them. It's smaller but if I disconnect it from the wood it looks like it will fit. 

 

I stick my hands through the bars and grab it. I pull at it harder and harder until it breaks off sending me flying backwards. 

 

Ugh. I rub my backside and grab the bar like thing and insert it in the hole. Still nothing.

 

How do I get through these bars!!!

 

<Lock Picking skill bought, 1 Point spent, 34 Points remaining>

 

The sound tells me something and I can understand how this 'Lock' works now. I bend both ends of my 'Pick' to the needed shape and press the pins done but slip on the last one and fail. 

 

I'm starting to get overwhelmed and my face starts getting wet again.

 

Why?... Why can't I open a simple lock…

 

<Lock Picking skill upgraded to Level 2, 1 Point spent, 33 Points remaining>

 

The noise happens again but it keeps saying complicated stuff so I ignore it.

 

I know what I did wrong on the lock but that's all I know. I don't know anything else. Who am I? Where am I? Why am I here? Why are these men trying to kill me? I don't know anything. The only thing I do know is…

 

I cant open a stupid lock!!!

 

<Lock Picking skill upgraded to Level 3, 1 Point spent, 32 Points remaining>

 

Stop mocking me!! I know I failed!

 

<Lock Picking skill upgraded to Level 4, 1 Point spent, 31 Points remaining>

 

Just stop please… Let me die like the empty girl…

 

<Lock Picking skill upgraded to Level 5, 1 Point spent, 30 Points remaining>

 

Please… Please… Can someone save me…

 

<Intuition bought, 5 Points spent, 25 Points remaining>

 

I can get out. Suddenly the thought wakes me up from whatever I was doing. I can pick the lock easily, my mind says.

 

Ok I guess. I grab my pick and open the lock next to instantly like I knew how to all along. Maybe the noise is telling me but I just don't get what it means. Points. Bought. Upgrade. Yup no idea. I get the feeling I should get going now anyway so I stand up with my pick in hand and head towards where the two men went.

33