23 – Taking Stock
468 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Taking Stock

 

I shake myself quickly and refocus myself. I head downstairs and take a look at the requests. I'm not here for them but if the Quests like the Goblin and Kobold ones where I have to kill a certain amount of monsters are the same as before. It might be an Extended Quest and I can continue to receive the rewards. 

 

For some reason the instant I consider taking all of them in case I can do them later some of them adopt timers on the Quest. I take a quick look.

 

<Laboring - Construction - Easy - 2h,22m,45s

  100 Rans for the day

  People need muscle for building! Working out can be fun too!

  (Physical Strength Level Up)>

 

Hmmm. It seems each timer has a specific condition on it like completion time, start time or accept time. Well that doesn't matter to me now. I collect all the Quests that look like an Extended Quest or ones that don't have timers. I'll take a look at all of these properly later. I quickly head back to the Inn.

 

Once I arrive in my room I take out my 2 Storage Bags and Item Bracelet.

 

<Grade F Storage Bag

  Poor

  200 Rans

  Degraded Capacity Increase (x1.1)>

<Grade C Storage Bag

  Excellent

  500000 Rans

  Extended Capacity, Degraded Time Slow>

<Grade A Item Bracelet

  Excellent

  1000000000 Rans

  Item Box, Thought Control>

 

I empty all of them out and then put them all in the Void Bracelet except the Grade F bag. I then add up all the money to see how many Rans I have now.

 

809,386,711 Rans. Hmmm. That's about 81 Platinum total. I think it's enough that I don't have to worry for my trip. The bigshots were boasting about their 100 Platinum Item Bracelet but it seemed Scout had one as well. I can always sell it if I need to. There is also a lot of Poison, Traps and Various tools that were in his Item Bracelet, along with the high quality weapons the lord was hiding. I think I have a lot I can sell. The only thing that matters to me though is the Scouts weapons.

 

<Dark Mithril Blades of Endless Poison x2

  Excellent

  32000000 Rans

  Poison Stock, Backstab x2, Damage x2>

 

Its no surprise he nearly killed me with one hit. My dagger is a blunt knife in comparison to these. It even has its own Space Magic to store poison inside of itself. No wonder they cost over 3 Platinum. I feel my mouth lift up. These are mine now. I quickly take out his sheaths and attach them to my own belt. I pull them both out at the same time and my body shifts from my rigid stance I use for the Katana to a more loose stance. I think this is the Dagger Combat Skill kicking in. I move around a little and try a few slices. I think I'll stick with the daggers for a while and use the katana only when I need heavy damage. 

 

After putting everything away, I saw that the Poisons he had were all made by Alchemy. I don't really know much about it. The Skill gave me a few basic recipes but I think there is more out there. Since I'm leaving I can't keep going to the Old Man so I should see if there are any places that sell books that have the information I'll need.

 

I go down and ask the Innkeeper and she gives me some directions to a bookstore, although she warns me about the price. I leave but this time instead of going down the streets, I do something that was explained to me in the book. I walk into an alley and turn on Stealth. I put a little amount of Magic in my wings and use them as a boost to jump to the roof. I feel a little shaky being up here but I leave a little bit of Magic in my wings just in case then I start running along the rooftops, jumping between different buildings. 

 

I… don't know how to explain the feeling of doing this. He explained it as a way to get around quickly but mentioned it was troublesome since he couldn't cross bigger roads and such but with my wings I can just use them to gain a bigger jump and a softer landing. After all of my feelings were messed up with the day's events, I feel like they all slowly left me as I run around lightly, jumping from building to building and even taking a second or two to put a little extra Magic into my wings for a bigger jump.

 

Eventually realizing I lost myself for a little there I backtrack, jump into an alleyway and enter the bookstore. I almost thought I was in the wrong shop for a second since I entered into a tiny room that only had one counter but before I could leave I got interrupted.

 

“Welcome to the Bookstore. What are you looking for?” It's an Old Lady, She looks the same age as the Old Man in the reference room.

 

“Where…”

 

“Where are all the books? Well considering books aren't cheap and this town had problems recently we keep them out back. If you tell me what you need I'll find it for you instantly.”

 

“I want books on Alchemy, surviving in the Forest, the surrounding Kingdoms, Evil people, Adventurers, Assassins…”

 

“Woah. Woah. Settle down Young Lady, Are you an Adventurer or something?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Well why don't you go to the reference room there? They should have most of the information you need there. With the amount of books you need it'll get expensive fast.” She reminds me of the Old Man for some reason.

 

“I'm going away for a while. I liked the reference room and the Old Man there so I came here so I can keep studying.” I don't know why I told her that.

 

“Hoo. Old man huh…” She snickers a little before getting back on track. “You have Space Magic?” I nod. “You got enough money?” I nod again “Ok. I think I got the idea of what you're looking for. I'll bring them all out and if there is any missing just tell me what else you want.” She disappears for a few minutes then comes back empty handed. “I'm too old to lug books around.” The books then appear on the counter one by one. I check them all with Analyze and they seem to be the ones I asked for including a few extras that I didn't.

 

“These are good. Thank you.”

 

“You are welcome, Young Lady. That’ll be 2 Small Platinum.”

 

“Nn? Almost 3 at least?”

 

“It's ok hun. We barely sell Adventurer related books. I get these cheaper than Appraisal shows.”

 

“Thank you.” I put all of the books in my bracelet then leave.

 

I only found out now that my bracelet seems to keep things hot and fresh by stopping ‘Time’ so I buy all of the food I can see. Eventually it seems full and I can only make it bigger by giving Power Stones. I don't know what these stones are but since its full and the Scouts Item Bracelet can still fit a lot more I use that to purchase all of the gear needed to sleep outside, It seems like more than necessary but I just bought everything the book in there reference room told me to just in case.

 

When I eventually make it back to the Inn I tell the staff that today will be my last day and I will be leaving early. I spend some time reading up on what I should expect outside the city before going to sleep 5 hours before my scheduled leave time.

 

I guess you could call this the end of Volume 1. I have written maybe 10 stories on my own but I have never had the courage to post them anywhere. After a while of being on this site I finally got the courage to post one of my stories and its amazing how many people have seen it and still continue to read my updates. Thanks for reading everyone. <3

21