Chapter 5
202 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Agatha was chewing up Constantine as she combed Adam's hair.

“For shame. You have been with him for ten years and not once have you tried to give him clothes!” Constantine had the decency to look chastised.

“He never complained that he was cold,” Agatha's eyes snapped to Constantine's, and she sent him a fierce glare.

“So, he should go indecent around all day? He should have something for his upper half. Look at the poor dear, his skin is riddled with goose bumps. Why, he has to live in a cave!” Adam had never felt the need for clothes. Sure, Constantine and the adventurers wore them, but he was a Naga. Surely, he didn't need clothes.

“Agatha, I am sure I don't need clothes,” protested Adam just as Agatha began braiding a cluster of his hair. She weaved in the black strands with the azure ones with deft hands. She made a braid that looked like fish bones, with a bun on top of Adam's head.

“Yes, you do. Sure, you will need to undress when you get in the pool, but, you will get dirty less often, Adam. And this old leech should have given you clothes when he found you all alone in this cave. Honestly, a teen going around naked!” Agatha glared at Constantine again, who sighed.

“If I get his measurements to a seamstress and explain to her that I require the clothes for him, she will contact the Adventurers' Guild,” complained Constantine. Agatha tied the end of the braid with an azure silk ribbon, in a knot, not a bow. Adam was a man, and she was not going to treat him like a girl.

“Then get fabrics. I know my way around a needle and thread. You better get him some of the finest silk that money can buy. Seeing as you have been exploiting his herb growing dungeon for ten years,” Constantine raised his hands in defeat.

“I can get him red and black silks. Maybe some yellow ones too,” Adam imagined himself in red and black and looked down at his azure tail. The tones would contrast with his coloring. He wanted to protest, when Agatha clapped her hands.

“Do that. And buy some silk ropes for belts and decorations. By the time I am done with what you bring, Adam will have the finest robes there are,” Adam turned to stare at Agatha.

Why did she care so much? Was it because Adam was young in her eyes? Before he knew it, the healer was putting a healer's robe over his head.

“Agatha, I can't wear girl's clothing,” protested Adam, but the healer just snorted.

“Those are unisex, munchkin. Besides, the azure details go well with your hair. Although, you barely fit in them. You are much broader than me in the shoulders,” Adam helped Agatha get the robes down to his tail and, for the first time in his life, he felt constricted.

“You will get used to it,” said Agatha, slapping Adam's hand when he tried to get the robes off himself.

“And if I don't?” Asked Adam. Agatha hummed and went to her satchel. She took out scissors from it and came back to the dungeon core. With delft hands, she cut up the front of the robe so that Adam's chest was exposed.

“Better?” She asked as Adam moved his arms around to get a good feel of his new clothes.

“I can breathe now, at least,” said Adam with a shrug.

“Well, what are you waiting for? Go and buy the munchkin some silk!” Snapped, Agatha and Constantine stood up and left. Adam watched him with longing. Agatha noticed the Naga's stare and she sighed.

“He is too old for you. A necromancer of his caliber must be at least a thousand years old,” spoke Agatha in a kind and understanding tone.

“He is five thousand three hundred and nine,” supplied Adam with a sigh. “And he promised me that he would spend the rest of his life protecting me.”

“What was he thinking? Promising things like that to children! That cradle robber,” Adam frowned at Agatha's words. He was grateful that Constantine wanted to remain near the dungeon and protect him. The necromancer chased the loneliness away.

Agatha might stay too, but she didn't have the life span of Constantine. When she grew    old and died, Adam would have just Constantine again. And, he wanted more from their time together now.

“Why do you want him, munchkin?” Agatha placed a hand on Adam's hand, and he turned to look at her.

“Tine is kind and protective. I know for a fact that he just roughs up the adventurers and doesn't kill them. He brings me food, and we have baths together often and…” Agatha sucked in a breath at the last one.

“Adam! You are too young to take a shared bath with your love interest, even if the entire thing is only on your side!” Adam didn't understand why that was. After all, Constantine had seen him naked many times…all the time, to be precise.

“Then teach me the dos and don't's,” urged Adam, hands gripping Agatha's. “So I wouldn't turn away Tine. I know I am young and inexperienced, but…”

Agatha let out a chuckle. Then, another. She brushed Adam's fringe from his eyes and sighed.

“You really are in love, are you not? It is not just a puppy crush on your part? Fine. Lesson number one. One must make their lover's imagination work. I will make your robes so refined; you will look like a doll. A regal doll,” Adam didn't really see the point in that, but he guessed that the healer knew what a man wanted better than him. So, he nodded.

“And what else?” He asked, eyes twinkling with excitement.

“And I will teach you how to treat your Tine so nicely, that he finally sees you as a grown up. You did say that Naga are considered adults at five? I take it you have been looking like this since you were five?” Adam nodded.

“Normally, Naga grows up in five years, life for another five, and die. But I am a dungeon core. As long as no one destroys me, I will not age,” Agatha nodded. That was nice to hear.

“Lesson number two, you have to learn how to dance if you want to enrapture a lover,” Agatha placed her hands on Adam's shoulders and, when he just stood there, she huffed and motioned his hand around her middle. “Now, you don't have legs, but we can get creative. Dances were invented by animals, after all. I am sure you can dance, too.”

And Agatha began stepping left to right as Adam began wiggling his tail in patterns to a tune the healer was humming. He found he quite liked this. He couldn't wait to get to try this with Constantine. 

7