Chapter 22
107 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Adam left Agatha to take her pick from the herbs, and he went down to the training cavern. When he reached it, he saw that all three men were on the ground and lifting themselves on one hand. Nathaniel seemed to do each lift the fastest, with Samuel being second.

The Naga stilled his nerves and slithered to Constantine, but, as he passed by Nathaniel, a hand grabbed his tail. Adam looked down to see that Nathaniel was lying on his side and he was gently tugging at Adam's tail until he made him come closer.

"What are you doing?" Adam tried to tug his tail out of Nathaniel's arms, but found that the warrior had an iron grip on it.

"Let us make a bet, shall we?" Nathaniel was smirking at him, and Adam noticed that the other two had also stopped doing their lifts.

"I don't want to," said Adam, and he tugged his tail again. Nathaniel pulled at the tail until Adam fell down next to him on the ground.

"Hey!" Protested Constantine, standing up.

"Relax, I am just playing. Adam, I am not blind. Your eyes seem to be set on your Tine," Nathaniel spat the last part like it was a curse. "But I have my good qualities too, you know?"

Adam backed away from Nathaniel and towards Constantine, but found he couldn't get his tail out of the man's hand.

"You are a friend," said Adam, and Nathaniel frowned.

"Why can't I be more than that?" He protested and gripped the tail tighter.

"You walked away, remember," Constantine's hands were soaked in mana and, if injecting it in the warrior wouldn't have resulted in it spreading to Adam, he would have made sure that Nathaniel got what was coming to him. 

"Yes, well, you called me back. For Adam's sake," Adam gulped, his tail was moved, so his upper half was tugged closer to Nathaniel and there was danger in the warrior's eyes. Then, Nathaniel smiled and let go of the tail.

"I shouldn't have scared you, sorry, Adam," Nathaniel stood up, and he tapped Samuel's shoulder who looked at him with wide eyes. "Come on, you still need training. We can take it outside."

"Yes, so you can beat me up after you got rejected? No, thanks," Samuel rolled away from Nathaniel and the warrior blinked.

"Am I coming off as the bad guy?" The other three just stared at him, silently. A dark side of Nathaniel told him he could always overpower the three. He hadn't been serious during his spar with them. Had even been blindfolded.

But Nathaniel shook his head.

"I have a preposition," said Nathaniel, looking in Adam's wide green orbs. "You take all three of us as lovers, and we make you happy. Or I am leaving for good."

Nathaniel walked out. His name alone would be enough to protect Adam. And, for those bold enough to not care that Nathaniel was going to hunt them down if they trespassed here, there was the necromancer and his giant dragon. And that black mamba too, he supposed.

He knew it was underhanded to use such a tactic, but he had run out of patience. Seeing Adam preferring Constantine each and every time was like an insult that Nathaniel took very personally.

He went out of the dungeon and began to play with his teleportation ring. He waited for an hour and he sighed. He was just about to put the ring on when he heard footsteps and slithering sounds.

"Can you give me time?" Came the weak voice of the Naga from the darkness of the dungeon. "To get used to this?"

Nathaniel was just about to place the ring after hearing the first question. Not in the mood to give Adam more time to toy with him. But the second question caught him off-guard.

"You actually want me around?" Nathaniel turned around and saw that Adam was right behind him. Nathaniel reached out and placed his hands on each of Adam's cheeks.

"You are a nice enough man, when you are not angry," said Adam hesitantly, as if expecting Nathaniel to snap at him.

"I wasn't angry, just annoyed," Nathaniel brought Adam's head closer to himself and nuzzled their noses together. "One-sided love is tough."

"So, are you in a better mood, now?" Asked Adam, looking hopeful.

"I will be after a kiss from you," Nathaniel finally captured Adam's lips in a kiss. His fingers moved from the Naga's cheeks and to his pointy ears, playing with the tip. His tongue grazed by a sharp canine, and he found Adam's tongue.

Nathaniel could tell that Adam had had eggs for breakfast. He knew for a fact that the Naga brushed his teeth just after he woke and before he went to bed. Nathaniel didn't mind. It just meant that he would be able to tell more things about Adam.

The kiss didn't last as long as Nathaniel would have liked, and he let go of a blushing Adam with great reluctance.

"Was that your first kiss?" Nathaniel was ready to gloat, when Adam shook his head.

"Tine kissed me back in the cave. And after that, Samuel," Nathaniel groaned.

"Is this my punishment for giving ultimatums?" Adam grinned and nodded. Nathaniel sent each of the two men behind Adam a glare and wrapped a hand around Adam's middle.

"You left, once. And then guilt-tripped Adam. You are lucky that kissing is the only thing we did without you," hissed Samuel, and Nathaniel wondered from where the sudden bravery was coming from.

"Anyway," Adam was blushing at the implications. He wanted his first time to be something special, not something done in haste. Or, worse, something done just to spite Nathaniel. "Let us go back inside. I need to start making lunch now, and you all still have your training."

"I'd rather take a bath with you," teased Nathaniel, and Adam swatted him on the arm.

"Maybe when I have forgiven you for trying to leave for good," Adam turned back and slithered into the cave. Nathaniel watched him go, a dreamy smile on his face. Sure, he needed to share, but at least he got to pick with whom.

4