Chapter 15: Night -part 2 ๐˜–๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜š๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ
281 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
We are currently witnessing events on the bridge of the ISF Arbella, only moments before the enemy fleet is approaching.

The ship is currently under red alert and the crew is preparing for combat.

"Captain! We are detecting an in-system jump!"ย 

"What? They jumped INSIDE the system? Confirm ships!" The captain said, surprised by the illegal maneuver.

"Confirmed, they are Groknac vessels. One battlecruiser and three escorts, captain."

"What is their range and ETA?"

"They are 120K away, ETA is 5 minutes."

"Comm, open a channel to Vohali on the planet," the SO said.

"Channel now open, sir"

"Vencan to Vohali. They're here! Standby.... Shields to maximum! Full power to our main guns and turrets!ย  ...Vohali, our reinforcements will try your short jump tactic, but they may not arrive here on time. Ayanna? Ayanna! Confirm!"

"Captain, communications are impossible, the enemy is jamming us on all channels."

"Copy that. Prepare the old-style laser optic comm.system," the captain said.

"Yes captain, laser optics are now online."

"Captain! The enemy has jumped again! They are in visual range now."

"Copy that. Comm, send a priority one message to the Groknac fleet on all optic channels."

"Channels open, sir. The Groknac are responding."ย 

At this moment, a very tall, angry looking Groknac appears on the view screen. It doesn't speak at all.

"This is Captain Strithik of the ISF Arbella. This planet is under our protection, please state the reason for entering this system."

"Vengeance. For destroyed vessel. That planet, our planet. Your business, not here." The Groknac said.

"Please, let us talk. This is a misunderstanding."

"Talk? No talk. Empire no enemy. Leave or die."ย 

"Please reconsider," BEEP <channel closed>. The captain wasn't allowed to continue.ย 

"Captain, they closed all channels!"

"Captain! They are locking on to us and they are charging weapons!"ย 

"Helm, full military thrust, evasive maneuvers!" The SO shouted.

"Yes sir! full military thrust, evasive maneuvers."ย 

The Groknac battlecruiser and the three accompanying escorts are now almost in weapons range of the ISF Arbella. Their ships are formidable, sturdy looking, but no aerodynamic concepts have been applied to these ships.ย 

The Groknac's bright green hulls with dark green hull markings are only interrupted by red lights on the sides of the vessels, indicating light-communication between their vessels. Then, on the battlecruiser's front, hatches are opened. Missile launchers. Bright red, glowing lines are more and more visible on the outsides of the ships, indicating the charging of beam weapons.

Suddenly the battlecruiser opens fire with its long-range beam weapons and hits the Arbella's shields, then they launch two missiles at her, but they are destroyed by defensive turrets. The Arbella is shaken by the massive impacts, while the Groknac keep firing.

"Captain, shields at 90%....BAM....80%."ย 

"All turrets and Thermal Blaster, fire at will, repeat fire at will!"

At that moment, all turrets and the ship's main beam weapon focus on the Groknac battlecruiser and return fire. The battlecruiser's shields are too tough, the Arbella's weapons are not even making a dent in the shields.

"Lock onto the battlecruiser and launch ALL Stormfury missiles!" The captain ordered them to hit the enemy with high-explosive missiles.ย ย 

"Yes sir, launching ALL Stormfury now."

Twenty Stormfury missiles are now launched simultaneously from the Arbella, flying at high speed between the beam's fired from the battlecruiser. Several missiles explode before reaching the battlecruiser, when they are hit by the beams. Most however make it to their destination. The battlecruiser's shields are weakened by their impacts, but the Arbella is no match for such an enormous warship.

At that moment, the three escorts come into weapons range and target the Arbella as well, causing severe damage to her shields.

"We are not going to win this! Helm, set a course for the planet and prepare for planetfall! Lock on to Vohali's locator." The captain shouted.

"Yes sir, heading for the planet now. Coordinates set."

"To all weapons stations, fire everything we got. Fire at will, weapons free!"ย 

The Arbella now fires all remaining missiles at the Groknac targets, no longer focusing on the battlecruiser.

BAM! BAM! The Arbella is hit continuously.ย ย 

"Captain, our shields are down! Missiles depleted."

ย 

While the Arbella is approaching the Earth, almost entering the atmosphere, the Groknac's weapons keep pounding the Arbella's hull. BAM! BAM! Beam weapons and missiles are impacting the hull and damaging all systems. Some turrets are lost and hull breaches are occurring near the missile launchers.

Finally the result of the Arbella's missile launch can be seen. The Arbella has managed to lower the battlecruiser's shields, but nothing more. Two of the escorts are not so lucky, they have sustained massive damage due to the Arbella's superior missile warheads, which were set for maximum yield. Those escorts are not going anywhere for a while. But the battlecruiser and one remaining escort are still very much in business.

The Arbella isn't doing well, the ship is defenseless and barely able to maneuver.ย 

"Fighterbay, launch our fighters!" the SO shouted.

"Unable to comply! Our launchers are destroyed, sir!"

Explosions can now be seen all over the Arbella' s hull, quickly extinguished by the vacuum of space.
Fires are also starting on the bridge. People are running, struggling to remain standing while trying to keep the fires under control.

"Captain, we are now entering the atmosphere!"

"We can't launch the escape pods, they won't have a chance! All hands, this is the captain! We are entering the atmosphere. Brace for impact, crash is imminent! May the goddess smile on us!"

With its last remaining strength, the burning Arbella enters the atmosphere and the Groknac stop their attack.
Then the battlecruiser launches many, many fighters towards Earth. They are currently heading towards the northern hemisphere, the continental US. The battlecruiser and last functional escort are now in a high orbit around Earth, preparing to start their orbital assault.ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

At that moment a white flash can be seen behind the moon, a blurry object appears and then can be recognized as one of the long awaited reinforcements. It is an escort vessel. It moves with full thrust on an intercept course to the Groknac ships.

Then another flash, and another. There are now five escort vessels heading for the Groknac.ย 
FLASH, and another huge flash appeared, this is no escort vessel, it is a battlecruiser!
They are the long overdue reinforcements, sent by the Admiral.ย 

These are the reinforcements the Admiral has sent:
Battlecruiser: ISF Aroron
Escort: ISF Ausonia
Escort: ISF Arlarel
Escort: ISF Arkaala
Escort: ISF Aanria

We are now switching to the bridge of the ISF Aroron, a battlecruiser. It is accompanied by five escorts and they are heading for Earth at full military speed.ย 

"Captain! The Arbella is heavily damaged and has crash landed on the planet! And we are detecting many Groknac ClassII Interceptors entering the planet's atmosphere."

"Copy that. Standby rescue teams. Prepare main energy weapon for deployment. Open an optical channel to the Groknac."

"Channel open, captain."

"This is Captain Rida Nofa of the battlecruiser ISF Aroron for Groknac vessels. Stand down or be destroyed."

The Groknac are now repositioning themselves and are fully focusing on their new targets, then firing at the reinforcements.

"Fleet wide command. Weapons free, fire at will!" the captain ordered.

"Tactical, status of IPB preparations," the ship's SO asked.

"IPB at 40%, sir, still charging."

The ISF Aroron is now deploying its main energy weapon, the Infused Proton Blaster. The ship's hull is slowly opening on the top side, and a concealed weapon that is as large as the length of the entire ship is moving out of the hull. After half a minute, it is in its attack position, directly on top of the hull.

"CAPTAIN!ย  we are detecting a nuclear explosion in the planet's atmosphere!"

"Scan for incoming missiles from the planet!"ย ย 

"None detected sir, but we are no longer detecting the enemy fighters. Our sensors might be impacted from the EMP."ย ย 

"Copy that."ย ย 

While the ships are engaged in battle, they show the most scary fireworks in humanity's history. Two alien species are fighting to decide the fate of yet another species. The Groknac are, however, no match for the superior technology contained in the Empire's battlecruiser and five fully armed escorts.
Their already damaged escorts and battlecruiser are now heavily damaged due to the seemingly limitless missiles pounding their hulls, crippling all ships. Only the battleship is still operational.

"Captain, IPB now ready to fire!"ย 

"Finally! Target the center of the battlecruiser and fire!!!"

The ISF Aroron's main weapon is now emitting a bright blue light along the entire topside of the hull and then releases all energy in one enormous blast towards the battlecruiser, slicing right through a part of the ship and causing massive internal structural damage. The other reinforcements are focusing on the escorts and are not stopping their assault; they keep blasting every inch of the enemy's hulls.ย 

The main weapon has finished recharging and fires again at the battlecruiser, now cutting through their bridge like a knife through butter, now completely disabling the vessel.ย 

Only minutes later, nothing but scrap metal remains of the enemy fleet. Some remaining parts are slowly entering Earth's atmosphere and start burning by the friction of re-entry in the atmosphere. Even now, all ISF ships keep firing energy beams at every moving part, ensuring total and complete annihilation.ย 

The Groknac have not launched any rescue pods, but neither has the Arbella...

"Fleet status!" the Captain demands.

"Minimal damage to the secondary hull, one fighterbay has received a direct hit and is offline, engines at 70%, 40% of missiles remaining, otherwise fully operational. Escorts report missiles depleted but minimal damage, fully operational."ย 

"Excellent. Stand down red alert and scan for the Arbella."

"Sir, scans confirm that the Arbella has crashed on the surface, there is no communication! Sensors show 20 to 30 enemy fighters still operational. And sir, our rescue teams report that they are ready for immediate deployment."

"Copy that, prepare to launch fighters. Medical teams standby to receive survivors. Comm, send status update to the Admiral. Are you detecting any transmissions from the aliens on the planet?"

"Negative sir, there is a total blackout."

"Captain, enemy fighters are currently being destroyed! Sensors now only detect one remaining and......two, no five unknown craft are tailing it."

"Excellent news, belay my order to launch fighters. Their defenses seem tougher than what the Admiral described. Retract the IPB and launch all rescue teams."

"Captain, confirming all shuttles launched."

"Comm, fleet command. Prepare the ISF Ausonia and ISF Arlarel for planetfall. Tell them to focus on providing medical care to survivors."

"Yes sir!"

"Comm, tell the ISF Arkaala and ISF Aanria to make preparations for salvaging the Arbella.ย 

"Yes sir."

After a few minutes, when all ships were slowly returning to normal operations, Captain Rida Nofa asked the fleet for a moment of prayer. "We thank our goddess for our victory over the Groknac. May she smile on the Arbella's crew and get them home. May she welcome the souls of all fallen warriors in her gentle embrace."

ย 

Next chapter: Chapter 15: Night -part 3 ๐™พ๐š™๐šŽ๐š›๐šŠ๐š๐š’๐š˜๐š— ๐š‚๐šŽ๐šŠ ๐™บ๐š—๐š’๐š๐šŽ ๐Ÿ’ฃโ˜ข

17