Chapter 17 – The Daily Life Of Princess Isabelle
89 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Princess Pov

God this chair is so uncomfortable, its meant to be a throne no? Ugh, momma gave me that damn look again, why can she always sense what's going through my head?! Get out you damn fox! Anyone would be happy to have their brother back! Ugh, my face feels warm... Dad's calling over his attendant after sending my Jaspy's saviours to the guest chambers, whats he whispering about... man? I heard man- Eeep! Momma caught me snooping, whistle! Whistle!

*definitely nonchalant whistling*

Smooth Izzy, smooth. During Jaspy's briefing he subtly hinted there was matters of importance to speak of, privately, so it's time for us in the know kinds of people to gather in the comfy zone. Also known as the lounge area I suppose... meant for our family to relax and socialise together, no servants, guards remain outside. Lathered in the most comfortable furniture, a gorgeous fireplace, even the carpet could be laid on. Which Jaspy and I did often as kids. No expense was spared in making this heavenly haven, an ice powered cooling system for treats and drinks at our leisure, a modern luxury compliments of our wonderful nation!

Finally we're here, todays been gruelling! We had been informed ahead of time of brothers return so I had to stand for hours while my maids dressed me to be my finest! Then I had to walk for like, ages to the city fountain to greet my brother! And then, I had to sit on that god awful throne chair under mommas evil gaze, whilst brother kept taking longful glances at that wolfgirl! I'm not trying to take all his attention or anything but come on, you've been with that girl on your entire trip back, be more attentive to your sister!

Entering my safety zone, I couldn't hold myself back anymore, launching myself onto the comfiest sofa with gusto! Kicking off my god forsaken heels I feel relaxation take over me. Or it would if momma wasn't standing over me.

"Dearest daughter you're turning into a slob again~" A worried tone betrayed by her calculating grin. 

"How could you be so cruel to your only daughter?! Momma's heart is turning cold in her old age!" I dramatically cried out, playing with fire.

"Oh ho! My cry baby daughter seems to have grown up into a savage little vixen!" She agitatedly spoke through gritted teeth, gripping my ear in a vice.

"ahhhh! ahh! Momma stop! Mommaa! Heeelllppppp!" I pleaded glancing at my one true hope Jaspy.

"Mother, go easy on her, she's just tired from playing princess all day." Brother grinned with malice, you'll pay for that one! You hear me?!

"Right you are!" Dropping her grip on my ear as I slumped into my seat, "How uncouth of me, Japsy you're finally home! Come here!" My shedevil mother unleashed her vice grip on my brother, suffocating him in her breasts. Hang in there, better you than me though... 

"Come now dear, he's just got back, let the boy take a seat! Hahaha!" My father's jolly attitude taking control of the room once more. The only being on the planet that can hold the witch back. 

"Now my boy! You've had a hard time out there, but it sounds like you've fought valliantly! I recieved word from the old codger some time back about your progress, seems you're turning out to be quite the tactician! Putting aside your bad habbits of throwing yourself in harms way, hmmm?" The air thickened slightly, dad didn't mince words and while he was more tactful, he was equally protective of us.

"You're right father, it was my fault, I got lucky those girls saved me." Brothers eyes darkened, with a hint of light shining at the corner. Momma, ever the monster, took note of that too. 

"Yes! Those wonderful girls! Tell me Jaspy dear... You wouldn't happen to be interested in one of them? Would you?" She closed in on Jasper leaving him no room to escape. Demon! She'll interrogate him to the last drop of juicy details! I'm kind of interested too though so I won't save him today... Don't look at me like that brother you brought this on yourself. 

"M-mother please! Don't think so easy of your son to fall for an adventurer passing by!" Brother's practically crying, he's so weak to momma, unlike me, the brave valiant soul that I am. 

"Who said anything about falling for Jaspy?" The corners of her mouth twitched upwards, her prey trapped before her... So helpless.

"Ugh!" Jaspy cried. Brother please, I forced my hands over my face, this is too pitiful. 

"Alright enough teasing the boy. All of us take a seat, young Jasper here has something to talk about, right?" Dad placed his arm around momma and guided her to their own sofa. Dad always knows how to completely take mommas steam away from her, you can tell from the look in her eyes she's just smitten. Hope I can find love like that one day... Sigh.

"Yes father, you are right. Like I said, on our travels back a no name individual tailed our squad. Which is true, however this wasn't strictly a no name individual. Gaia! Come in please!" Brother shouted, Whhaa?! Why are you inviting her in?! I panicked to sit up straight and fix my clothing, damn my heels are across the room. 

"I am here, my prince. Your Highnesses." Gaia bowed deeply, her respect towards my parents could be felt from a mile away. Raising her head she lifted up a parchment for all to see.

"The man refused to say a single word, no matter what happened. On him however, was this parchment. Please take note of the sigils top and bottom." Brother declared, his tone has become quite formal at this point. 

Hmmmph 

"What is it dear?" mother cooed at dad.

"It is as you see father, mother these sigils belong to two different factions of the Kingdom of Aela." Brother explained.

"Isn't that normal, they often send spies after us, although they dare to think they can try to take out our son?! Aela appears to think too highly of itself." Momma's enraged...

"Calm down dear." Placing a hand on her head, patting her fox ears. Soothing the wild beast. "This is however, much more troublesome than that. The royal sigil of Aela is owned by many, Aela blood spreads far across their nation after all. That other sigil though, only the king can use that one." Dad explanation is becoming more and more tinged with pain and... fear? Dad's never afraid, of anything. 

He continued to explain about the kings mysterious organisation of espionage, including of course assassins. Targetting the crown prince of Hayla with such a backing, really is worrying. I can't just sit around anymore. Brother needs me. 

"With this in mind Jasper... You'll have to stay in the city for a while, we'll need to investigate the matter further. You've had a long deployment, so you deserve a long rest anyway, make good use of the time to hone your skills further! Got that son?" Dads tone smoothly transitioned from worried king to warm father.

Brother looked perplexed for a moment, clearly not happy with his impromptu holiday only to, very suddenly shift tone and accept it gleefully. We all see that brother, its written all over your face you know. What was her name? Koko? I'll have to investigate her too...

We relaxed together for a while longer and our parents softened too. Momma might be a witch but she still cares about us both, even if she's definitely more doting on Jaspy. After some time, dad had to get on with royal duties and momma had to go greet nobles and other boring royal stuff, glad I can ditch those duties. Brother and I carried ourselves to the courtyard.

During our walk Jaspy spoke up, "Izzy, since I've been restricted to the city, perhaps I can escort you on a day out. My dear sister deserves some spoiling after all the time I've been away right?" I feel like theres a secondary motive here but I know better of my brother. He really does care about me. Right now he's being targetted above every other royal in the nation, I've got to protect him. I've got some ideas, I'll have to set a few plans in motion. But first! 

"Hehe~ since brother is so kind, I shall take you up on the offer! Don't think I'll go easy on your wallet either, dearest brother." A honeyed tone escaped my lips, followed by a teasingly seductive wink. It's a sisters duty to trouble their older brother.

"ahhh, right you are sister..." Brother sighed out.

"Oh! Don't think you're escaping my interrogations however, you're gonna spill everything about that little wolfgirl~" 

"Guh! Izzy! Stop teasing me! Why are you all so perceptive in the worst ways!" 

"Hahahahahaha!" I quickened my pace to escape his halfhearted rage.

1