Chapter 4. Deva
480 0 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Evolution: it is accessible to all monsters, some Demi-humans, and a few Humans. It is the process of entering the next stage of life to become stronger. The process occurs when enough life essence in the body is met. There are multiple ways to gain life essence, including eating other creatures, aging, and getting named by a much stronger creature. Evolution is a natural process; it can be done in several ways and can result in several endings - meaning a monster can evolve in one way, and the same monster can develop in a totally different path. (A Monster that evolves will always take the most natural state to their affinities and overall environment to ensure higher survivability.)

Evolved Monsters/Devas: Evolved monsters are called [Devas] in this world for their past selves died, and they assumed the identity of a higher-tiered being. Devas can give themselves names, but they can be overwritten when given another by a master or a Lord. (Some monsters also evolve, but they are not called Devas. Only beings with enough intelligence to speak are called Devas.

Notes: Devas are - conceptually - equal to Humans and Demi-humans. But in some cases are treated as divine beings, and others are like devils. Some are even treated as Deities or Apostles in the olden days.

Wait, Deities and Apostles? Does that mean they have Gods in this world?

Gods equal religions, which also meant there were cults, 'I better steer clear away of such a place.'

Anyway, I finally understood what had just happened. So basically, I'm a special kind of Deva. I was a human who left my mortality, but crossing worlds, I, in turn, became somewhat inhuman in the eyes of the world.

Playing with the cocoon and raised a brow, 'It's a little vague, but I get it now. Anyway, what am I going to do with this?'

[Do you wish to keep the Vassal Nekron's Evolutionary Cocoon in your Inventory?]

'I have a Spatial Pouch as well?' This is getting even more convenient the more time passes.

[Answer: The Inventory is connected to a dimensional pocket stolen from the heavens. You can put anything inside, but its weight will be placed upon the user.]

It might be less, but this didn't change that it was still convenient. I at least didn't have to carry everything, "Are my weapons, clothes, and treasures kept in this Inventory?

[Answer: No]

It was worth a try.

But still, despite everything, my disappointment in losing my treasures remains. I could not simply forget that I once had them, and now they were gone. It took a long time to collect.

The Golden Egg disappeared, and the weight that left my hand was distributed to my body.

'This will be inconvenient in a fight after all.' But right now, it wasn't all that much.

It was then that I felt my stomach come about, my body started to shake, and I felt my hunger.

After decades of staving off eating, I finally felt hunger for the first time in a long time.

BOOM!

Wasting no time to fill my stomach, I left for the nearest presence. I already resolved to eat whatever it was that I met - unless it was human or if it could talk.

Using the Crossing the Cosmos Footwork, I reached my destination, and as I did so, I found a giant turtle with a hill as its shell.

'What is this beast?'

[Report: Lesser Earth Turtle Dragon: With a body over 10 meters big, it is a beast in line with the Ancestral Beast Behemoth. With Green Eyes, granite-like skin, and a shell that carries a small hill, the Earth Dragon that has no wings can easily flatten the land. It walks with heavy steps and often flattens a hill and replaces it. It holds tremendous strength and an even stronger defense.]

That's quite a beast, a body that spans 13 meters. Its head was bigger than my body.

'Is this one of the Apex Predators in this World?'

[Response: not entirely, but it is a strong adversity feared by many.]

Expectations, of course, filled me as I prepared myself.

The skills Spirit Enhancement and Spirit Cloak activated, and using the movement art, I reached the front of the Lesser Earth Turtle Dragon-that's a mouthful- and it woke up from its slumber.

It showed displeased eyes and growled as a warning.

How lively.

"Will you become a good challenge for me? Or, will you be nothing more than a mass of disappointment?"

ROAR!!! Its voice caused the earth to rumble.

The beast slowly stood up, and just from that… I already understood what it was, "I knew it. You are nothing but disappointment."

[Art: Chain Spirit Body]

With the flick of my wrist, golden chains sprouted from my body and held the disappointment's mouth in place. It tried its best to break the ethereal chains… but it couldn't do anything as expected.

"With that big body of yours, I really thought you would at least pose a threat to me… it seems like I was wrong."

I moved the chains and pulled it out of its shell; I then touched its scale at its throat, "You're a bigger disappointment than a cat."

[Art: Palm Spirit Body]

*BOOM!*

Its head exploded like everyone else who experienced my touch in combat. Despite it boasting power and defense, it could not even hold on to a single technique?

Disappointing.

'Will this thing spoil?' I asked, seeing the carcass flowing with blood.

[Answer: Its body is composed of mana; it will not rot for a month… its blood is also useful for strengthening the body, I suggest that the master collects it.]

'So, it will not spoil? That's good to know.'

[Art: Heavenly Water Congregation]

The blood that had touched the ground and escaped its body floated in the air as I controlled the water. This was the Divine Technique I learned from my first master… though it was not originally this strong.

[Report: there are several eyes pointed at you.]

'I collected it; now, let's go.'

[Report: There are several eyes—]

'I heard, and I can feel it, do not worry, whatever it is, they will not make a move, do you know why?'

[Response: No.]

'Because I'm too strong.'

[Response: I see.]

And so, the First Day Ended, and Day 2 arrived with me walking away, with the Lesser Earth Turtle Disappointment in tow.

Thanks for reading - Do you like the chapter? Click the Heart - Have any thoughts? Leave a comment [I answer any question :)]

21