Chapter 6. Worm Problems
389 4 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I should be surprised, but I had already met a talking cat controlling the undead who could also use magic. So, you could say I was prepared for something weird.

 

Talking boar people?

 

I’ve already seen something weirder. Nothing could surprise me now. 

 

Their fur was brown, covering their entire bodies. They all had pig snouts, and the adult males had tiny tusks pointing up.

 

A total of forty-seven boar people appeared and walked out of the forest. They were attracted by the smell of my cooking - well, who wouldn’t? - and following their instincts, they found me. They were hungry and would have done anything for food, but instead of attacking me and trying to steal food, they chose to just observe.

 

I respected their self-control, and because the food had turned out quite nicely, I was in a good mood, so I invited them over. The boar people didn’t pose any threat, and when I saw that they were actually wearing proper - albeit a little crass - clothing, I already saw the light of intelligence, so I offered them food.

 

Only those who could think would have the ability to create clothes for themselves. A beast does not wear clothes, after all.

 

Besides, their group was ragged and tattered, injured and fatigued. The majority were injured or had signs of injuries, and their bodies were clearly malnourished and had not eaten in a long time. If they do anything? I could take them all at once.

 

‘In this kind of forest, where monsters exist, a group of injured creatures like this must have been targeted. The fact that they are hungry proves this point.’ Beasts may not be able to speak, but they know how to hunt.

 

They were tiring them and not approaching their group. Even if they were attacking from time to time, they were so hungry that they seemed like they were about to collapse, which meant they only received the damage and couldn’t even catch one.

 

The boar people had an average height of 1.8 meters, some of the males were over two meters, but they were a select few.

 

There were almost too many of them, but the hungry boar people demolished the towering pot. They didn’t need to chew much as the meat was soft and tender, making it easier to eat. 

 

The blood revitalized them while strengthening their stomachs to eat the meat. A perfect meal for them, if I do say so myself. I even carved some bowls from the remaining tree.

 

“Our people cannot thank you enough, Great Lord.” After finishing a bowl, the biggest of the boar people walked to me from the side and lowered his head. From what I gathered, he was called Chief by everyone earlier, so he must be their representative, “I apologize dearly, but my people might finish his Lordship’s food.”

 

“Don’t worry about it.” I simply waved my hand as a response, “I wasn’t going to finish it anyway; I made way too much.”

 

Besides, I know the feeling of hunger. I watched them eat happily with a wry smile, sharing their food with those who couldn’t move, ‘They remind me of my siblings.’

 

“But we can’t possibly just eat without compensating his Lordship. Such a mighty beast like this must have been hard to hunt.”

 

“It’s not that hard, though. This beast was not that hard to catch. For such a grandiose and long name like a Lesser Earth Turtle Dragon, its worth only shows outside combat and when cooked and eaten.” I laughed, but the others didn’t.

 

Instead, they looked at their food and at their food and back at me with disbelief in their eyes and then looked back at the food for a second time. Some even checked the already black shell I used as a pot.

 

“Th-th-th-th-the Lesser Earth Turtle Dragon? You allowed us to partake in such a beast?”

 

“...don’t tell me, is that beast something you didn’t like? Huh, and here I thought you all enjoyed it. Shame.” I asked the Chief.

 

“It is nothing like that, my Lordship. A Lesser Earth Turtle Dragon is something we cannot even begin to think of eating, for it is something we cannot hunt. Its hard shell and tongue hide are impenetrable, and its massive reflects its strength. Its blood is potent and nutritious. Its meat is said to grant a man strength to crush a hill when eaten. Fo-for your Lordship to feed us something so valuable.” The Chief’s body shook in both fear and trepidation.

 

I just smiled at his entertaining reaction, “It is nothing. Besides, at least I know that letting you eat would be far better.”

 

The boar meat was just to fill my belly. A bowl was enough for someone like me; to see them get healed like this was far better than just filling myself with food.

 

“I-I cannot express my gratitude enough. Thank you, his Lordship.”

 

The Chief boar was shaking and crying as he fell to his hands and knees just to thank me. I didn’t want him to continue, but it was too late as the others had already copied him.

 

It took some time to get them to stand up. When they did and got back to eating, they were now eating a lot slower, trying to savor their food. Was that disappointment that important?

 

After the Chief calmed down, I asked him what they were doing in the forest all battered up. He was saddened when he told me his story.

 

Turns out, a beast called a Worm or something. This Worm attacked their village, killing them like cattle. Their best warriors were sent out to fend off the Worm, but it was too strong, and all they could do was run.

 

“It killed my wife and my son on its first attack, who was only out to fetch water. I…I….” The Chief could not even finish his words.

 

Then while he was telling his story, a tremor shook the earth, “Everyone, look out!”

 

BOOM!

 

The ground in the middle of the group exploded, and from the depths of the earth came out a giant serpent with jagged teeth.

 

“It’s the Wurm!”

 

“The Wurm has found us!”

 

“Everyone, run!”

 

Everyone panicked and almost immediately scattered in fear of the Worm. It looked around, and I saw its eyes glistening with enjoyment seeing the fear.  

 

“Your Lordship, we need to run. I know how strong you are that you beat a Lesser Earth Turt-your Lordship!!”

 

Chief called out to me, but I didn’t listen and just started walking. 

 

From the moment I saw the serpent, I had already decided that I would kill it.

 

That its life was mine to claim.

 

Was it because it terrorized the boar people? Was it because it was inherently evil, reveling in pain and carnage?

 

No.

 

It was because it wasted the food that remained.

 

“No one fucking wastes food.”

 

[Art: Spirit Chain Body]

 

I decided to give it the worst death I could possibly give.

 

Thanks for reading - Do you like the chapter? Click the Heart - Have any thoughts? Leave a comment [I answer any question :)]

20