Chapter 7. Beg
376 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They say that not everyone was fortunate to have a meal three times a day. That's not a lie. It was a simple fact that many chose to ignore. Many would curl up into a fetal position to not feel the hunger rising from their stomach.

 

To sleep was the best alternative remedy to hunger. Food was the necessity of life. 'It's easy to obtain with enough funds but hard for those less fortunate, but, no matter what, when obtained and placed before you, one must eat. One must open their mouth and place the food in their mouth. Never waste food.'

 

Yet this beast dared to waste what I cooked? It was not an accident. It was not a kid. Thus, pronounced its death.

 

I could remember more than a hundred instances when I got into so many fights because so-called rich people would throw food away to show that they could afford to spend money. How often have I shoved down food on a young man's throat?

 

The beast roared in delight seeing its prey scatter in its presence.

 

Screeeeeeeeeeeee!

 

But seeing a puny man like myself walk towards it, the Worm roared and screeched loudly as if to intimidate me. Does this Worm want me to act as the boar-people? Sadly, I wouldn't run away.

 

"Your Lordship!" The Chief's voice entered my ears, but I gave him little attention, "The Wurm is several times stronger than the Lesser Earth Turtle Dra-"

 

Before he could finish his words, I'd already arrived right in front of me. The Worm did not appreciate me and roared in response; I stood in silence, and it pounced on me with its giant maw opened wide.

 

"Your Lordship, look out!" The Chief shouted again, and once more, I ignored him.

 

The Worm arrived with its maw open so big that it could swallow me whole. 

 

I extended my arm as a response.

 

Its two front fangs were bigger than me, and with force enough to cause the wind to rage, the Worm did not advance any further than where I stood.

 

It did not devour me, nor did it lift me off the ground. No, it could not do anything but stay still. I held its fang gripped hard enough that my fingers burrowed themselves on its fang. I could feel its venom flowing on my fingertips.

 

It tried to back away, but I didn't allow it to move. Its body thrashed earth, filling the air with dust. But it couldn't even budge. It lashed out with its tail, and green blood stained the ground with one swift motion. 

 

It screeched in pain and anger; it wanted to devour me, to get revenge. Again, it snapped its tail against me, this time sending dozens of thorn-like scales. It tried to pierce and perforate me, and I gave it a chance.

 

Ting!

 

An echo of metal hitting something it could not pierce sounded. The thorns merely bounced off.

 

[Skill: Spirit Cloak Armor]

 

"Disappointing." I tapped my foot on the ground and appeared five meters up in the air at the snake's eye level, "Prostrate yourself, you worm."

 

BOOM!

 

A slap on its cheek sent its face buried on the ground. The Worm slowly and weakly lifted itself from the ground, and I was already in front of it before it could do anything. 

 

Anger was behind its eyes, but it was overshadowed by fear. Its pupils dilated, and no longer did it hold itself up. It could not speak, but I have seen enough to know.

 

I pointed to what it spilled, "Lick it." 

 

Hesitant as it may have been, a look into my eyes made it obey. The prideful Worm now licked what was on the ground; I did not allow a single drop to be wasted. 

 

Once it finished everything, it opted to leave. It whined and made sounds. But I didn't care, "Good job, now… run."

 

The Worm's eyes changed and immediately escaped. It burrowed itself underground.

 

[Art: Spirit Chain Body]

 

From my body came out a golden chain. It glowed and was seen through, like ethereal in nature.

 

"Chase." the chains moved and entered the hole. I could feel it weaving through interconnected paths, "No matter where you run, you're not as fast as the flow of energy - Gotcha!"

 

Pulling the chain back, the ground cracked as a giant worm was pulled out of the earth.

 

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

 

The Worm again screeched. It thrashed about, but it could not even shatter my chains.

 

I walked over to its head and stood in front, observing its reaction and state of mind.

 

I did not understand the words of a beast. However, I've seen tens of thousands of begging eyes.

 

The beast that reveled in pain and fear or others now reflected absolute fear.

 

It wanted to live.

 

I wanted it to die.

 

I am merciful, but not to creatures like you.

 

Slowly, my finger passed through its scales. Blood seeped out as I felt every strand of muscle and veins come apart.

 

I kept alive with my energy and made sure it felt every sensation passing through its head. When I reached the limits of my arm, I used ethereal energy to dig deeper, until I reached the skull and, through it, the brain.

 

Throughout the whole experience, the Worm was in pain.

 

This was no torture, this was an execution, and as I peered into its eyes, I could see it beg for its life.

 

And I smiled, "I do not renege in what I say. Now die while reflecting on what you have done, you Worm." 

 

Tightening my grip, the Worm's body went limp and fell.

 

Thanks for reading - Do you like the chapter? Click the Heart - Have any thoughts? Leave a comment [I answer any question :)]

16