6. Monster warrior
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

None of the members had expected Lukariah to lose control suddenly. One moment, he was standing still as he waited for them to strike first after handling the three men. But the next instant, he went berserk and charged at them like a mad bull. The men did not even have the time to prepare themselves for his attack.

Lukariah was too quick for them. Using his expertise and skills, he lunged at the nearest man and slit his throat even before he could comprehend what was happening. The experienced knight gave the now dead man a disgusted look and kicked him away in anger. He then eyed Lowe, who was staring at him wide-eyed, and let out a sneer.

His sword blade was drenched with crimson liquid which started to drip to the ground. The air was filled with the pungent smell of blood. But to Lukariah, it was the scent of his revenge as he kept fighting, while Mael looked on.

Mael knew his strengths. He was nowhere as capable as any of the men from the Asra. They were too strong and capable and he could only rely on his protector to stay safe. However, that did not mean he did nothing and stood idly. Instead, he stayed vigilant and kept his eyes on all the men who had surrounded them, making sure that no one played foul.

The first lesson Mael learned when he started training combat skills was to observe his enemy first. It was the best way to find out what their intentions were. His master had taught him well, and Mael put all that he had learned into effect now.

All the members of the Asra were fighting with his protector, all but one and Mael focused his eyes on him. The man, who seemed to be the leader of the troop, stood in his place as he held his sword tight.

On sensing someone's gaze on him, Lowe turned towards the young prince he had neglected in his desire to fight the formidable knight who he had heard praises about. His dispirited eyes gleamed when he saw the young prince and he recalled the reason he was here in the first place. Lukariah was not their main target. Instead, it was the Prince of Zalana. He and the other members of Asra had come here for him.

Lowe's lips arched up and when Lukariah's focus was all on dealing with the other members of the Arsa, he stealthily moved towards the young prince.

However, Mael was quick on his feet. Since he had kept his gaze fixed on the man alone all this while, his actions and intentions did not go unnoticed by him. Fighting him was not an option, he would only lose not just the battle but his life too. All Mael could do now was run.

Without alerting Lukariah lest he distracted him, he ran in the opposite direction, keeping his distance from his enemy, forcing Lowe too to run.

Lowe had not expected Mael to see through his plans. He narrowed his gaze and bolted towards him, not caring about his men who were fighting a losing battle with Lukariah. Since they were destined to die, he could as well finish his target, the last standing Iarlaith and end their generation-long vendetta.

Although Mael was not skilled enough to fight the man, he was agile and swift. In no time, he had distanced himself from the man and it only increased.

Lowe was exasperated to see his target escape from him. But he did not give up. Since Mael was away from his protector, it was easy to end his life. This was his chance. So, he gathered all the power in him and quickened his pace.

"Prince Mael." He yelled in warning, his sinister voice compelling Mael to increase his speed too. To him, it sounded as though the man was right behind him.

"Do you think you can get away from me?" Lowe chuckled, his laughter resembling nothing less than a devil's laughter on that gruesome night.

Not just Mael, but even Lukariah heard the man's diabolical voice and he turned around, looking for his prince as he kept warding off the Asra. His heart dropped when he noticed the young prince missing and his hand shook for a moment.

His momentary loss of distraction served as an advantage for his opponent and he swung his sword at Lukariah. Although Lukariah saved himself in time, he could not defend himself against the attack and the man managed to thrust the weapon through his hand.

Lukariah gritted his teeth as pain shot through him. His right hand turned numb with pain and he almost dropped his sword. He took a step back instinctively when he sensed his opponent's next move and kneeled on one knee quickly. He used his uninjured hand and stabbed the man's feet, rendering the man immovable and howling in anguish. Just when he doubled over, Lukariah raised his sword and chopped his head off, startling the remaining men with his ruthless assail.

Lukariah raised his eyes and looked at the remaining men, challenging them silently. He switched his weapons between his hands and stood up, ready to fight the Asra again. He was just injured, not dead. He would battle with them until his last breath.

His prince needed him right now and he had to kill the men first. Otherwise....

With rejuvenated energy, Lukariah bellowed again, scaring all the sleeping birds and animals in the area and the men in front of him shuddered. Something in him had changed, they could see it. He seemed more lethal and destructive than before.

This time, Lukariah did not wait for them to attack. Instead, he struck first and initiated the fight. Ignoring the pain in his hand, he wielded his sword in his left hand as brilliantly as ever and soon, the men dropped dead until only two were left.

Other than the time when Lukariah had been wounded when he was distracted, they had not managed to inflict any other injury on him. Realizing that their ends were near, the men turned on their heels, ready to flee from the place.

But Lukariah was having none of it. Since he had vowed to end all of them, he would not settle for less. He dashed behind them while he threw his dagger at one of the men. Precise and perfect, the dagger pierced his victim's neck and he collapsed to the ground immediately.

The remaining member of the Asra was too traumatized by all that happened. His legs felt heavy as though they were bound by chains and he could not get far away from the hunter who was chasing him.

In no time, Lukariah caught up with him and plunged his sword through the man's chest. The man's eyes widened and blood filled his mouth.

"None of my preys have ever escaped alive." Lukariah asserted and pulled the sword out before he kicked the man on his waist, sending him tumbling down as he watched the man take his last breath.

0