The Child Born Of Starlight
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Let's go back in time, 14 years ago. 



*splash* *splash*



Sound of water hitting together rang out. It was the sound of waves. Waves after waves continuously hitting each other creating a beautiful cacophony. 



In the vast and beautiful sea, huge waves with high momentum kept hitting each other erratically. It was the normal routine of the deep seas. From one horizon to another nothing except the sea and the sky could be seen. This was the deepest region of Starfield Apocalypse Sea. 



It was named such because of the amount of living creatures inside of the sea. They would create so much chaos that any ship either of sea traveler's or sky traveler's they would all meet apocalyptic end. The living creatures of this region was downright dreadful. 



The sea was always chaotic. In all the time it had been discovered, there was never an instance where the sea level was without any disturbance. 



It was night time. The starry sky was filled with countless twinkling stars. Red, orange, blue, violet. Stars of many colors and radiance. Night time was probably the time when the creatures of the sea were less active. Because the water was not as turbulent as the day. There were still waves rippling in the sea. 



Suddenly! 



Motes of starlight from the countless stars above descended and slowly gathered into one place. The starlights were of golden color. Gradually, they started to form a golden ball.



Bits of light slowly descended from the stars and kept entering into that golden ball. It was strange. The stars were thousands of light years away, but they had somehow sent light fragments into this sea in no time. Slowly the ball had become a ball of a hundred meter diameter. 



After that, light particles stopped coming and now just a little above the sea surface floated a gigantic ball of golden light. And then out of nowhere, the spherical ball started distorting. It's smooth surface was destroyed and all sorts of protrusion appeared. The ball kept being distorted by unknown influence. At first the distortion and the shapes made of distortions was irregular and made no sense. But slowly and slowly the shape started to make sense. 



The light distorted and the shape of a giant elephant could be understood. The golden light then instantly distorted and turned into that of a dinosaur, and then into another creature with a long body like a snake but bigger and larger by any and all snake. 



Right now, no trace of the previous golden ball could be seen. Now there was only a golden shape-shifting object and the object  seemed to take shapes of all living beings. 



A dragon, an ant, a bird, a whale. 



The shape-shifting process was slow and steady at first. But as more time went by the shape-shifting started to become more faster, more accurate and more untraceable by the naked eyes. 



The transformation entered a high speed revolution, it seemed to take the shape of millions of living beings. Somehow it seemed to analyze every race in existence, take shape of them, and then reject them and move onto the next race.



The speed kept getting faster and faster and in each second it seemed to have analyzed and took form of thousands of races. 



Faster and faster. 



Thousands of forms in a second. 



Tens of thousands of shapes in a second. 



Hundreds of thousands of shapes. 



Millions of shapes. 



And then! 



In its forming flow, the light had taken the shape of a human. And then abruptly stopped. 



Since the light was of hundred meter, the human shape of that light was also hundred meter. The light seemed to have decided this was it. It slowly started shrinking from hundred to fifty, into twenty and slowly the shape turned into the height of a average human.



Slowly it descended, landing into the sea water below. The moment it touched the water, a ripple spread through centering that light and the turbulent water started to become still as the ripple went through that area. The sea, the ever turbulent chaotic sea suddenly had become peaceful. 



For the first time ever, the sea surface had become as smooth has a mirror and as clear as it could be. The sea surface reflected the entire starry sky, its countless stars that still twinkled without any dim of radiance. 



The ripple spread through the entire surface of the sea. It reached from one end of the sea to another, making the whole sea a smooth gigantic mirror. 



One minute, two minute, ten minute, one hour. and then suddenly the entire sea again become turbulent, erasing all traces of smooth surface that had appeared. As if that peculiar condition of that time was a mere illusion. 



Back to that human shaped light, it gently floated on the sea bed. From a distance it seemed like a golden human was sleeping on the surface. It was enigmatic and strange. 



Slowly the light faded away. As the light disappeared into nothingness, a child was revealed. A newborn baby. The newborn baby did not cry, did not throw a tantrum or anything. It was peaceful. 



It looked up at the sky, beholding the entire stars in its large doe eyes. It had little patches of golden hair in its head. It's eyes however had a tinge of white and gold instead of the usual black found in normal humans. It's cheeks flushed red and had a healthy amount of baby fat. 



It darted its eyes around in the sky watching all kinds of marvels. This was a new world to this child. The various colors and the fluctuations along with the soft water it was lying on, all these made it feel joy, feel amused. It certainly did not understand how to smile, but it's eyes were filled with happiness.



One hour later, the baby was still gazing at the sky in a bewitched manner. And then the waves started rolling, and with that the baby's body started to sway along with the waves. 



It had been one hour since the boy was born. It was starting to feel hungry. In hunger it wanted to cry, and little bits of water seemed to concentrate on its eyes indicating it was going to throw a fit of crying. 



As if nature did not want to watch the child crying, a white small fish leaped up. The boy opened its eyes in surprise. The fish then drove down into the sea. And then the baby saw another fish, then another, then another, these fish started to swarm around the baby, leaping up into the air and diving straight down. But these fish were unusual. 



They were milky white fishes. One of the specialties of Starfield Apocalypse Sea. They were filled with every sort of nutrition a human body needs. Protein, carb, fat, vitamins, all sorts. In addition, they had special properties to synchronize the food absorption of the whole body.



Though, they could hardly be found because they resided in the depths of the sea. 



It was an astonishing sight for those who knew of these creatures. They could hardly be seen even in the depths of the ocean, but now they were in the surface and they numbered into thousands. 



The baby opened its eyes wide at the snow white fishes. They created a wonderful spectacle, a great sight to behold. But soon the baby remembered that it was hungry and ignoring these wonderful scene it opened its mouth to cry. Right then one fish leaped up and then entered its mouth, and instantly dissolving mysteriously, filling its mouth with rich taste. 



The rest of the fishes kept leaping in and out of the sea circling the baby. 



Two huge spaceship appeared at the sky above the sea. They had detected an anomaly. The ever chaotic sea had been detected as peaceful. It was highly suspicious, so they had come to check on this sea. What they saw now was the ever familiar chaotic sea. No signs of calm water could be perceived in the entire sea. 



But then they saw the anomaly. A baby was floating in the sea, surrounded by milky white fishes. What they saw was bunch of money floating around the baby. After all these fishes were hardly found and could be considered a rarity in the human society. And so they rushed straight to the place. 



Greed had filled their mind. They had forgotten this was the Starfield Apocalypse Sea. No ship had ever survived. 



Before these two spaceships could even approach the situation, a huge mouth came up, from inside the sea bed. A creature that had never been seen by those inside of spaceship. It was huge. Very huge. The spaceships were some kilometers long. There were two spaceships and they had around five hindred meters of distance between them. Even so, the mouth was even bigger. 



That frighteningly huge mouth instantly engulfed two spaceships at once. The huge ships were swallowed by the huge mouth and before they could do anything, they were grinded into nothingness. 



The sea creature which had only shown its mouth to the outside world dove down again into the depths of the sea. 



Surprisingly or unsurprisingly, this situtaion had not alerted or disturbed the baby or the fishes around it. They were still inside of their own world. 



And so like this time passed by, when the baby was hungry and wanted to fill its stomach the fishes around it would voluntarily enter its mouth, and if the baby was thirsty, clouds would gather and water rained down. The whole nature was in its service, to fulfill every demand the baby had.



0