To An Unknown Destination
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

12 years later. 

A boy was silently floating on top of a turtle shell twice the size of his. The boy had a piece of cloth similar to trunks. He was lying on his back, his hands behind his head. This situation was very similar to sunbathing. Except not any people would sun bath in the middle of sea lying on a giant turtle shell!

The boy's shiny golden hair fluttered because of the gentle sea breeze. His countenance was handsome, but handsome would be an understatement. With his eyes closed and his mouth curved into a confident smile he emanated an aura of peace and confidence. Anyone in contact with him, would unconsciously become pacified and lean on him for support. 

"Chronos! Chronos! Grandpa Leo called you!"

Suddenly a sweet and pleasant voice interrupted his sweet time alone. He looked at his left side from where the sound had come. It was a small flying person, around the size of an adult's hand. Closer look would reveal it was in fact not a human but a mermaid, it did not have legs in its lower body but a fish tail. But unlike a normal mermaid, it was small and it was flying above the sea. It's transparent little wings fluttered at a terrifying speed causing them unable to be seen by naked eyes.

"Grandpa Leo? He is finally willing to see me?", his tone had a ring of amazement. He had been in search of grandpa Leo after he had learnt of his existence. 

Grandpa Leo was the strongest known existence in the apocalypse sea. And if Chronos were to be able to learn Leo's structure then he could copy them at will. 

"Yes. He told you to hurry as early as possible. " 

"OK, I will go right now. " 

Saying this, he did not stand up. Instead the turtle shell behind him started to shrink and the more it shrank, the more a peculiar thing could be noticed. Somehow the turtle shell seemed to be attached to his back. Slowly, it shrank and then melded inside of his back, leaving no traces of the previous giant shell. 

After he was done, he dived into the ocean with the flying mermaid's company. As he dived down his skin started to change, from human skin, dark silver scales started to appear in a streamlined pattern. His nose trills became sharp and his lungs turned to gills. His legs came together and formed a fish tail just like a merman. His back protruded and a sharp fin appeared. Two other fins also appeared in both of his hands. 

Like this he swam through the ocean, into the distant depth. To that grandpa Leo. 

After a while Chronos and that mermaid appeared into a deep trench of the sea. 

"Grandpa I brought him", shouted the little mermaid at an empty space. There was seemingly nothing in this place except the sea bed which was ridden with rocks and plants. 

Suddenly the scene in front of them distorted and the sea bed and rocks kept changing their colors until two heinous eyes were opened. It seemed the sea bed they were looking at was only the eyelids of that giant monster. Slowly the entire earth moved. The ground they were standing on, the ground they could see for kilometers, all of them moved up. Their colors also started to change from earthen white to hideous black. 

Slowly the giant monster was revealed in its entirety, it was kilometers and kilometers wide. With only a hundred meter distance between them, Chronos couldn't even capture the entirety of the monster in his peripheral vision. It was gigantic beyond comparison. 

The giant monster had two eyes, two slim nose trills. It's face had uncountable tentacles wriggling on their own. But its tentacles were small compared to its own body, but to Chronos, every single tentacle was ten to twenty times bigger than him. 

Its rest of the body could not be seen by Chronos and most of the races that had seen it had only seen its face. As for the rest of its body, there were some legends that said it had four legs, some that said it had a snake like structure, some said it had human legs. As for the truth? Who knows. 

Anyone who looked at it for the first time would either be disgusted or be terrified. But that was not the case for Chronos. Looking at the monster, Chronos' eyes sparkled with brilliance, as if he had seen some great miracle. 

"Chronos" a deep, low and archaic sound rang out, shaking the heart of Chronos making it beat like crazy. Suppressing the excitement and the inborn fear of a lower being meeting a higher being, Chronos replied, "Yes, grandpa Leo" 

It seemed this gigantic monstrosity was actually the grandpa Leo they were talking about. 

"You need to go out", the voice was low and it seemed he was not accustomed with talking much, the voice had roughness and unclear pronunciation. 

Hearing this, Chronos instantly scowled. His reply was instant. 

"I don't wanna" 

The giant two eyes of grandpa Leo which was bigger than a hundred floor building, silently stared at Chronos fixedly. The huge pressure coming from those eyes seemed to want to crush Chronos. 

"No, I am not going, you can't force me to leave. I was born here, I will spend the rest of my life here.", it seemed like Chronos was going to throw a tantrum for not going outside. 

"Sigh, Chronos, you will have to leave. This is an order. Order from 'Everyone'." 

Chronos froze in his process of wanting to use unreasonable methods. The fact that this was an order from 'everyone' made the fact undeniable. It must be understood that he was the darling of 'everyone'. No matter how unreasonable his request was 'everyone' would try their best to fulfil his demand. But now, If 'everyone' wanted him to leave this place then he was powerless. 

"Why do you want me to leave?" 

"For your own good." 

Hearing the answer, Chronos could only make an angry face. For his own good? Clearly they did not want him to know the reason. And Chronos knew he could not force the answer out of them. He could only reluctantly accept it. 

"Fine. But I have a condition. If u don't agree to it then even if 'everyone' leaves me I will leave alone by myself. No one can force me" 

"What is your condition?" 

"I want to understand you", Chronos' face bloomed in a smile as he answered. He had been wanting to understand the strongest known existence in the apocalypse sea. Now that he had a chance he wanted to use it to acquire the greatest benefit since he couldn't refuse leaving. 

"Sigh. Accepted. Come with me!" Grandpa Leo disappeared into the far distance and Chronos giving a victorious smile to that little mermaid flowed behind the gigantic silhouette. 

....... 

....... 

Two years later, present day. 

In the black space floated a huge land. On the huge land was a huge city. And around the city, like beehives, were lots of portals. All these portals had bridges that were connected to this city. People would come from the portal and enter the huge city by crossing the bridge and the many check posts for security reasons. 

One certain portal activated and many people came streaming down. There were people of all races and all sorts of attire. Among them, there was a boy, he wore a blue shirt and red shorts. From his dress up it looked like he was on vacation. Everyone that came to this city was for many different reasons, but certainly not for vacation, so this kind of get up really stood out. Not to mention his extremely handsome face along with that blonde hair. It was certain that this guy would draw admiration from females and hatred from males. 

This was Chronos. He had come to this huge floating city. 

"Woah! So this is Arcmania, it's so big", a crisp and sweet voice rang out. This was not Chronos' voice, it came from the little fairy mermaid. The mermaid was hiding inside Chronos' shirt's pocket. It had only peeked out from the pocket and was immediately amazed by the huge wonder. 

"Come on, let's go, I will register you as my pet. Then you can be inside the city as long as I stay without hiding."

"Hey! I am not your pet! I am your future wife!" 

"Oh? I don't remember any such arrangements" 

"You promised when you were young, that we would get married once you become an adult" 

"Really?" 

"Of course. When have I ever lied?" 

"when have you ever told the truth?" 

"You are blatantly accusing me. I have wholeheartedly devoted myself to after you made such a promise. I didn't even look at any other male except you." 

"Heh. That's because no one wanted you to be their partner because you ployed too many mischieves."

"You are wrong.........." She said many words, but they were ignored by Chronos. 

He looked at the giant floating city with fervent eyes. He thought, "Arcmania, the city of convergence. It is said that millions of races, their culture and their people converge here. Creating a diversity rarely seen in the universe. They say spending one day here is equivalent to spending one hundred years traveling many worlds."

With a smile, he said out loud," Can't wait to meet other races", the little mermaid became silent from her earlier gibberish and agreed with him silently. None of them spoke. Chronos moved along with the crowd, slowly disappearing amidst the vast numbers. 

0