A Mother’s Love And Sacrifice
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It should have been a fortunate event for the mother and the child. But it wasn't. The mother was the one who came to the front to slice through the black person's neck and she had done so wonderfully, she had used every ounce of her strength to make that strike. But using so much strength actually caused her to regret it. 

Because that strike had also gone through the person who arrived from the back to kill the black enemy. And that strike had actually slit this person's throat. Seeing the face of the person, the mother was shocked. It was actually her husband. Her sword had just slit through her husband's throat!

"I'm sorry, I couldn't be a good husband and a father." with that said, blood burst from his throat, dyeing her face in red hot liquid. Her face wide open in shock, unable to digest the reality. She had killed her husband. 

Then suddenly her stomach hurt, she looked down only to realize her stomach had been cut, and blood was being released continuously. It seemed her husband's sword had also cut both the enemy's and her stomach. Both of them were afraid of the enemy and thus used all their strength to kill the enemy. But this in turn had also harmed their own people. The father was dead. The mother was heavily injured now. 

Was fate mocking her? Did the gods decide to toy with her and her children? Why? Why was all this happening? She had been a wife for just a year. Now she had become a widow. She has been a mother for 2 days only. Now, she was injured, in this desolate snow land. 

*Cry* 

A heart wrenching cry sounded out from her, a cry from a widow and a cry from a mother whose death was imminent.

Why did she have to suffer? She was only twenty, she had yet to see anything of life.

*cry* *hiccup* *cry* *sniff*

Why was it like this? She had just become a mother, why did she have to flee to this God forsaken place with her children? She should have been taking care of her children in a warm place. 

Children? 

She abruptly lifted her head. The child with white hair, her own child was lying in front of her and was crying, still grasped in the hands of the enemy. The drop must have disturbed him and he had started crying.

She hurriedly went up to him and picked him up and moved to the other child who she had dropped when she went to kill the enemy. It had been less than five minutes that this situation occurred. But the child that was dropped kept crying with a loud voice. 

She was ashamed of herself. How could she have left her child in this cold and indulge in her own misery!? Now was not the time. 

Her bleeding never stopped. But she did not care the least. The bleeding was continuous, but that wasn't enough to stop a mother who seeked the safety of her children. Cupping both of them in her arms, she remembered that the black man said something about putting trackers on her baby. So she stripped both of them down and saw some markers on their blankets. 

She had to discard these clothes. What could she now make them wear? She only had her own clothes. 

She glanced at the two dead bodies. Making up her mind, she bent down beside her husband's dead body, whispered 'sorry' under her breath and stripped him down to his last piece of cloth.

She wrapped her children in her husband's clothes. With the warmth from the fresh blood, the clothes were warm. With the warmth the kids felt, they soon stopped crying and fell asleep unknown to the fact that this cloth they were huddled peacefully together was in fact their dead father's. 

She looked at her husband's naked dead body, a teardrop fell from her cheeks. She whispered to him, "You are wrong. You are a great father. You have provided your sons with life saving treasures." 

The word kept ringing in this desolate land. The woman, who had been a wife for a year, now a widow, left her dead husband in the middle of nowhere, for her children. 

1 day later. 

*wah wah*

*wah wah*

Two simultaneous baby cries rang out. The woman looked helpless. The two children in her arms were crying. The woman had never stopped moving. She had kept walking and walking in a single pursuit, to reach the other side of this white land. Sadly because of this her wound had never stopped bleeding.

In the far far distance, she could see some vague presence of light. It seemed she had reached close to the other side of the land. 

She sat down on the ground, leaning on a stone. Those lights spoke of the presence of humanity. She breathed a sigh of relief. 

The babies were still crying. Crying because of hunger. It had been a day since she had been running. She never found the time to feed her children. Now they were crying in protest because of the one day's worth of hunger. 

She looked at the babies with pity and sadness. Then slowly she inserted her fingers into her stomach, into her wound. The wound had never stopped bleeding. It still reeked with fresh blood. It was a miracle how she had survived with so much blood loss and still be alive. Maybe this was the willpower of a mother at work. 

She used her own blood to write on the snow white surface. "Please, if any kind soul were to arrive here, I plead, please take care of my sons. Please, I will die, I don't want my sons to die. Please, save my children, take them away. You don't have to do it for free" 

She wrote each word and would then insert a finger into her stomach to bring out more 'ink' to write. Her face was distorted, not with pain of opening the wounds repeatedly but from the sadness. 

She searched for the money in her robe. But realized she had thrown the black robe long ago before entering the snowy land. The money she had with her was also in that robe. 

And then she looked at her own clothes and seemed to have thought of something. Inserting her fingers into her stomach again, she started writing. "You don't have to do it for free. I don't have any money but my clothes and undergarments are made from high quality silk. If you sell them you will get lots of money. Please take my clothes and u can get enough money to never care about money. Please. Please. Take away my children. "

She watched the message that she wrote with her own blood. Her eyes clouded a little. At the irony of fate. 

She looked at the distant lights and seemed to have made up her mind. She pulled her two breasts out and placed each in front of each baby. Both of them started sucking and drinking their mother's milk. She looked at them with a sorrowful gaze. 

This was the last. The last mother's milk they will ever get to drink. She had bled too much. There was not any hope for her to live. Even her breast milk was lacking. They were not enough to fill two newborn babies' hunger. But there was nothing she could do. She had spent everything. Her strength, her blood, her energy and her willpower. 

Blood seeped out from the wound. The repeated insertion of her finger caused the wound to be bigger than ever, and it was bleeding profusely. The babies had stopped sucking now. They had become peaceful. 

A cold wind blew by. The babies shivered. And started crying again. 

"My babies, don't cry, don't cry, your mother's here with you." She rocked them little by little in her arms. She sat there, leaning on the stone. With some rocking, the babies gradually become peaceful. 

Warm blood filled her clothes. To shelter her children she brought them closer. Closer to her stomach. It was the most warm place. The hot blood made it the perfect shelter from the cold. She hugged them tight. Really tight.

Maybe it was the warmth of the blood or the warmth of a mother, the babies slowly fell asleep. 

Looking at her sleeping babies, the mother started talking, "I am really sorry, my children. I couldn't be with you anymore. I wanted to see you grow up together. I wanted to be able to breastfeed you together. I wanted to see you walk together, fall together, talk together, call me mommy together, share your happiness together, laugh together and cry together."

She looked up at the distant light. The lights seemed to be moving. No it wasn't an illusion. The lights really were moving. And they were coming closer. To her. To her children. 

"I wanted to see a lot more things. I wanted you to be married, to have children, and wanted to play with them. I, I, I wanted to grow old, I wanted to die with my children, grandchildren beside my dying bed. I wanted to see a big family, a family full of happiness. I really, really wanted to live long."

The lights kept coming closer. They seemed a lot faster and a lot brighter. They weren't vague. It was light. She was sure. Yes. Even if she couldn't make it. Her sons will live. The light had come ever closer. 

"I wanted many things. But I will never be able to fill any of them. I just hope you can fulfill my wish. I wish you grow up together, support each other, hold each other up, when one falls down, another picks you up. I wish one of you becomes the pillar of another and you stand, side by side always, helping each other, every time and everywhere. And-"

And so light, brighter than the deepest core of the sun , enveloped her vision. She smiled. A smile of happiness. 

"I have no regrets. I may not have been a good mother, but I have secured a safe place for my children. Thank you, thank you God. For fulfilling my wish. Thank you for saving my children."

With a smile, the mother left the world. 

... 

... 

There was no one. Even after hours passed by. No one had come. It was night time. But there was no light source anywhere. The light the pitiful mother had seen, the light of civilization, there was no such signs. The mother's dead body laid there, leaning upon the stone. Her hands still tightly clutched the two children.who slept peacefully in her arms. She still had that smile when she had looked at the distant light source. There was nothing there beside endless white. 

A soft wind blew by. 

A person suddenly walked toward them out of nowhere. It was an old man. He looked to be around his sixties. He arrived beside the woman and looked at her smiling face and the direction she was smiling at. He looked in that direction. There was nothing there. 

"What exactly have you seen to die with such happiness? I feel really envious." the old man muttered. Then he noticed the red-blood message. He read the message and couldn't help but be tongue-tied. 

He looked at the woman more clearly, she looked to be a woman of only twenty, such a woman could actually write such words. She was ready to sacrifice her own dead body's purity for even a little chance of her children's survival. 

"A mother's love really is the Supreme. Very well then, honoring your sacrificial spirit, I will see if they have any talent that can be of use to me. Know that I have no need for your pitiful clothes. If your children do not have great talent then you can only blame fate.'' The old man might have some problems with his mind. Otherwise why would he be speaking to a dead corpse. 

The old man bent down and pulled up the two kids. Both kids were pulled out simultaneously. And before the old man could do anything suddenly the two kids turned into one. With a sudden change, the old man reflexively pulled his hands away, causing the one kid to fall down on his mother. And then suddenly that one kid turned into two again. 

The old man's face had a huge ring of astonishment. He kept looking at those two children which had miraculously merged into one child and then had again turned into two. 

He walked up to the children and then picked both of them up. As soon as they left their mother's touch, they instantly merged into one child. This time the old man held the baby and inspected it. The baby was still sleeping. There were many unusual aspects of this situation. 

First of all the baby had merged together. Both the babies looked similar, just like twins. So when they merged into one, this baby looked exactly similar to the previous two. 

Secondly, their hair also seemed to have changed. One kid had white hair and another had black hair. But the mixed kid had gray hair. 

And lastly, the clothes had also merged together. Both of them were wrapped in the bloody clothes of their father. Now both of those had merged into one unique cloth. 

The old man thought of something and used his hand to grab the hand of the mother and touch the kid. The kid instantly divided into two. He moved the hand away and the kids again merged into one. 

"Sigh, a Miracle! What exactly was it? Was it a mother's dying wish or something else?" He seemed to be lamenting something. He stayed silent for a while. 

He looked at the mother's face again. She was still in the same posture looking at the distance with a smile. 

"What exactly are you looking at?" he looked at the same place as the mother. Into the far distance. He remained silent for an unknown amount of time. Only silence and the chilly winds spoke. 

He held the one baby in his hand. Still looking at the distance, he spoke to the corpse,"Rejoice you pitiful mother. You have created a Miracle. Because of you, and this Miracle, I will save your children. But nothing is free in this world. You have to pay a price." 

"Lament pitiful mother. For you have to give me your whole body, your body will never achieve peace. This is the price. The price of the lives of your sons."

He didn't turn to the mother. Suddenly a white light flashed through the mid section of her body. Then another diagonally, then another, then another. Tens of white light kept flashing by, slicing across the body of the mother. Turning it into bits and pieces. Blood flew wildly, meats, bones, everything scattered. But the white lights were merciless. They kept cutting her. The sizes kept getting smaller. The lights kept butchering the body to the smallest and tiniest units. 

Slowly from a human body, there was only blood red liquid and a red layer, quite possibly made of the flesh and bones. 

The old man extended one of his hands while holding the child in another. The hand let out a suction force pulling all the blood and remnants of the body. Slowly they were compressed by a mysterious force and turned into a coin, a coin the size of half a finger.

He looked at the coin. This coin was not blood red. It was in fact gray. Previously this was the body of a mother. Now this was the price of her children's future. 

He looked at the spot where the mother had been. He seemed to still see a mother leaning at the stone. She still had a smile. But this time she wasn't looking at the distance. She was looking at him. She seemed to have a radiant smile. A smile so beautiful and so content with happiness that he had never seen in his life and perhaps will never see again. 

"So this was why you had smiled." the words had been left in this white land of tragedy, no trace of any man could be seen between the horizons. 

 

0