4. Death Oblivion
26 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back on Arcadia, at the 99th floor of the Tower just before the 100th floor, a woman dressed in a cover-all robe held her bow and cautiously entered the final room.

She entered the 100th floor searching for the man they call the strongest, and when she got to the top, she found no one, not even a monster.

The woman pulled down her mask and looked around at the wreckage Isaac left on his wake, again, "He beat the Tower, that explains why the monsters stopped spawning, hmmm?"

Walking around, she noticed a piece of paper next to a blood-stained floor. Picking it up, she read its contents and pulled down the mask that hid her face.

The ethereal beauty of an elf was shown to the world. Her apathetic demeanor radiated an ice-cold sharpness honed by the long life she led.

Her eyes that were said to be sharper than a sword read through the letter and sighed at the end of it all, "Disappearing for a month to another world. He didn't even consider telling me about it first hand?"

This elf was Lilia, one of the very few friends Isaac had back in this world. She was the most of Ancient of Elves whose lifespan already crossed the ten thousand years threshold.

She sighed, looking at the letter, "That guy is still making me do all the work. I'll finish this quickly… a World Quest, huh." She said while reading through the World Mission she received thousands of years ago.

[Hunt the Black Abyssal Serpent under the World Tree's Roots.

Devour the Abyssal Heart and Conquer the Demonic Manifestations.]

"This is going to be exhausting." She said before yawning and keeping the letter away.

The letter's contents were simple:

[Lilia, I knew you'd arrive here searching for me in the odd chance that I do not return. I went to a different world, it seemed interesting. If you want to look for me, then finish the World Quest — You should be the one next one to receive one, you're the strongest after me, after all — and come to this world. Maybe we'll finally find what you're searching for here.]

Lilia exited the room with a smile at her only friend's words.

'So he still thinks I am searching... what a dense fool.'

Lilia thought to herself as she prepared herself to kill a Calamity Beast in order to follow Issac, 'Please don't do anything too reckless.'

===

Night.

"This is going to be extremely risky and reckless, are you still in?" Isaac asked.

"Yeah, why not. I need to leave this place anyway." Tari answered with a laugh.

Isaac looked around as he prepared himself and raised a sudden question, "So, were you the one who set up the barrier around this place?"

"Yes, it's a spell that does not allow entry to anyone with killing intent. It's only useful if the targets are mindless monsters and it uses a lot of my Blood Essence, so it's not really all that useful"

"That explains a lot."

"I'm going to bring down the barrier now, are you sure this will work?"

"60 percent certainty of success without getting hurt."

"How about the rest?"

"Certain death." Isaac answered.

"Perfect Execution or Certain Death, food enough for me." the Archdemon smiled in anticipation.

Stretching his hands and neck, Isaac got ready and, with his gauntlets, summoned a Black Scythe.

The scythe was over two meters tall, ordained with the carvings of ancient black, red runes and an oversized curved blade.

"That's a beauty."

"Yes, but it's a pain in the ass to use. Let's begin…. I'm counting on you."

With those words, Tari brought down the barrier.

Against all conventions, Tari was the one who began the fight.

  [Forbidden Caster Lv. 124] (Exclusive Class)

SKILLS:

Extreme Concentration: Will be concentrated despite all odds.

Immaculate Casting: flawless word casting!

 

No one dares dabble in the ways of Forbidden Magic because of the danger it holds. It was a strong power, but the risk overshadows the good.

Only desperate and madmen seek out such power.

That's who Tari was, a Forbidden Caster who walks the path of danger with his words. With a single slip of the tongue, he could die because of his spell's backlash.

Tari, however, was a madman, "Dalava, Callionse Esxacrose – Klupo narklriolaw harbrgrthan! – [Devil of the Greater Hell Domain – I summon to incinerate the foes before me - Greater Fire Hell Devil Sword]"

A devil from the depths of hell appeared next to him!

The night was illuminated by the Devil's massive blazing body.

The Devil held a giant sword, and with a roar, it swung its blades against the Giant Rats incinerating dozens from the hundreds in the swarm!

The impossible just happened, a Forbidden spell was cast upon this world, and its strength was just as glorious as they say. Anyone of the Dark Path should be proud of this achievement, but Tari was not done.

'The Great Devil Fire can only retain its form for three sword slashes. Its strength will wane eventually.'

He bit his fingers and then began drawing magic circles in mid-air, using mana to suspend his writing. Seven magic circles were quickly drawn with precision without an inch of mistake.

The process of magic does not simply lie in calling a spell's name and summon fire from your palms. No, the essence of fire lies within the process of activation.

Process the mana within the body and call forth the fundamental laws of the world into a catalyst like a wand, or in this case, blood, to form a magic circle that will transmute the effects of said spell outward through the activation of the Magical Trigger — the Spell Words.

"Dastarian Alertris, Mllpaktris, Gandarad Istaliousse, Zilrta - [From seventh circle of the Spirit Realm, the Dragon of Chaos show yourself before me, and grant me strength to destroy the wretched taint!]

The seven Magical Circles glowed with diabolic radiance; the scent of blood appeared. The clouds darkened, and Tari clasped his hands together!

"Ragosad Salirat Kaman! Dacravitiz Ilsation! [Rift apart your binds and show the world of your might - Draconic Rage of the Imprisoned Beast!]"

Draconic Heads rushed out of the Magic Circles and blasted the enemy with Canon made of fire, water, wind, and pure mana!

Another Forbidden Spell was activated like it was nothing. The Forbidden Running Words was no problem for Tari, and because of his Greater Archdemon Lineage, his mana was deep.

He also had the [Spirit King Eyes] that allows him to see the flow of the Mana Stream, making him capable of borrowing its strength.

Tari was definitely someone worthy of coming to this world.

From all sides, there were Giant Rats that are over level 98. Tari fought them with his spells, but this was just part one of the plans. He had to hold the enemy for a time while Isaac makes his preparation.

But thirty seconds already passed, and he sent Isaac a side glance! That's when he saw him smiling like an absolute maniac.

'Oh, so he's that kind of person. That's good to know.'

Isaac's heart was beating fast. He could feel himself being alive; this was it, this was the thrill he misses so much.

With the surge of excitement filling the void in his heart, the black scythe responded to him! The carvings on the shaft glowed a dark red before turning completely black.

  [Condition #1 Met: Have your body radiate with Intense Desire for Death.]

Isaac bit his tongue and spat his own blood on the Scythe's blade that slowly dripped down the shaft. The runes activated with his blood, and the black smoke went to shroud Isaac like some sort of raiment.

  [Condition #2 Met: Your blood has been accepted by the Scythe.]

            [You now have control of the Darkness.]

  [Scythe of the Death Lord (Cursed) (Activated)]

Effects:

Enhance strength and bloodlust.

Enhance Speed during nighttime.

Grants you the Smoke of the Void

Curse:

[Corruption: will eat your mind the more you use it.]

Will eat/transform your blood the more you use it.

It will claim your body if you die using it.

The more you feed blood to it, the stronger it will become, thus, in turn, making its curse stronger.]

Isaac could feel his body surging with power, and as he got ready to fight, the Fire Devil disappeared.

"Tari, that is enough. You prepare for phase two of the plan."

"Finally." Tari said before casting a flight on himself and flew up to get ready to cast the spell, leaving Isaac below.

The Giant Rat's attention turned to him, the Dragons also disappeared, and now, Isaac was there on his own.

The Giant Rats rushed to the one they could get; they opened their mouths and readied their claws to tear him apart.

Isaac just readied himself as he planted his legs on the ground.

"Die."

Slash!

For a moment, the world seemed quieter; the Giant Rats stopped their squeals and were replaced by whines. The Scythe moved so quickly they couldn't even see it, and then, those that had been cut were cut in two.

[You leveled up.]

Bloodstains disappeared on the Scythe's blade and shaft, and as it did, the stronger Isaac became but in turn made him even more bloodthirsty.

The ground on where he stood exploded as he jumped into the enemies, killing them all by the bulk.

The Giant Rats managed to cut, bite and scratch him, made him bleed, but that doesn't matter. The smoke that surrounding Isaac absorbed the blood and only turned him stronger.

He disregarded the pain. Only the pleasure of combat remained, slash after slash, he culled the enemies without so much as a hesitation.

He was having the time of his life, killing and leveling up.

But despite all the fun he was having, but it was about to end.

His body was sucked upwards, and his enraged self quickly swung the scythe at the one who abducted him from the glorious battlefield.

"Insolent foo — wait…" Isaac forcefully stopped the Scythe just before Tari's neck, whose eyes were glowing with a golden light, "Sorry, that was the Curse talking. You can do it now."

Tari nodded his head, but he didn't say anything.

He clapped his hands, and three Magic Circles with ten-meter diameter overlapped. Gathering mana in his mouth, his cheeks expanded.

His chest enlarged, and he had the tip of his thumb and index finger touch, which formed a tiny magic circle on the space of his fingers!

Tari released the mana in his mouth to the tiny magic circle with everything he had at the three Overlapping formations ahead.

'[Oblivion Cannon]'

A black gold cannon of mana reached the ground!

A massive explosion appeared and almost swallowed them.

When all of it came to an end, Tari lost all of his strength and plummeted down.

Isaac caught him and landed with him safely on the deep crater where the clearing used to be.

"That was stronger than expected."

"Yeah… that's a Tier 10 Forbidden Spell… pretty neat, huh. That's my strongest attack spell without any prior preparation. Though it does exhaust all of my mana reserves."

"I can see how that can be considered strongest. I don't think I'll survive that without massive losses, which I will then die from. I'll carry you to town now."

"Thank you, brother."

The two of them walked away from the carnage they left.

Isaac Apollyon Lv. 119

Kartari Zelor Lv. 126

Isaac laughed as he bathed in Blood.

Fun Fact #4:

There are several world Trees spread across the Multiverse. These trees grows to be so big that they touch the skies and wraps an entire region with their roots.

The Origin of these Life Giving Tree of Life remains unknown!

0