5. Did you not know?
21 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A Town with no rampart, an open gate with no guards, rationally this place should be, in the words of the crude, a dump that's not worth living in. Yet upon entry, Isaac was surprised at the sight of several people whose level had reached beyond 120.

[Lv. 127] [Lv. 178] [Lv. 245]

"This is amazing." Isaac said as he looked over at Tari, who now wore a scarf to cover his face, "So, where do you plan on going now?"

"I'm going to retrieve my items from the Town Lord. It has all of my enhancements and is really important to me."

"But they could have been sold by now, you know?"

"Don't worry, I placed a lot of care on them. I know where my babies are. They're at the middle of town, the place of the Town Lord's Manor."

"You going to break in? Because if you are, I'm not joining you."

"No, I'm not a savage. I plan on talking it out."

"Good then, just tell me what I can do to help."

"Thank you, brother. I'm going to see you later before the talk begins."

"Okay, I'm going to look around. If you need to find me, use this." Isaac handed Tari a tiny pendulum made of cursed black diamond, "That will point to my direction if you pour mana in it. Oh, make sure not to break it, else something bad will happen."

"You have an awfully lot of Cursed Items. Will this make me go mad if I break it?"

"Well, I've been cursed for as long as I can remember, and a good number of people had placed their own curses on me, so I guess Cursed Weapons are just attracted to me in general."

Tari should have been repulsed by that, but the archdemon just shrugged his shoulders and went away. He's dealing with Forbidden Magic. Who's he to judge someone like Isaac?

Isaac entered the Town, and Tari left for somewhere. He actually went back to the Forest nearby; Isaac had no idea why he's doing that, but he couldn't be bothered to think.

Tari's mind's not so easy to read. When he entered, he just realized he had no clue how to begin.

"Sir, might I bother you for some questions?" he approached the nearest person dragging a ten-meter large monster on his back whose body was bigger than Tari's.

[Lv. ???]

The man had a red scar on his face, an envy-inducing beard, and a not-so-envious shining bald dome, and on his arms were dark red scales.

The man looked intimidating, and when asked by Isaac, he responded, "Yes, how can I help you, friend?" he sounded rather polite despite the level difference between the two of them.

"My name is Isaac, and I am new to this World. Might I ask what others do after coming here? Is there by chance that this World has a Grand Goal to be achieved?" he introduced himself and then asked politely.

The man nodded, "The name's Dragil. Nice to meet you, kid, are you new here? "

[Dragil Lv. ???]

"To answer your question, most people here also don't really have a plan when coming to this World. Most of them just join an organization and go about their ways – wait, did you not get the briefing from the Seraphs?" asked Dragil, confused.

"Seraphs?" Isaac grew confused.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh~ so that's what's happening. I get it now. You're from an Aberration World, so that's why you weren't brought to a Temple. Hahaha! Haven't seen someone like you in a long time. Hohoho, Avalon is going to get rowdy."

"Aberration? Temple?" Now, Isaac was curious, "Hey, hey, what are you talking about? Care to explain?"

His eyes shone with brilliance, not even caring his words or how he was looked at by others.

"Argh, I reaaalllyyy wish to continue this talk, but I need to prepare this Dragon Husk Parasite Host Beast, else it will rot away in the next ten minutes. We don't want it transforming to millions of Hell Ravaging Flies now, do we? You don't have those kinds of monsters in your World?

Isaac shook his head, "Sounds like a hassle."

"Right!? How about this, why don't you come with me to my restaurant? I'll explain what you need to know there."

"You, sir, is a Restaurant Owner?" Isaac asked, surprised.

"GAHAHAHA, didn't expect that, did you? What did you think was my Class?"

"I don't know, based on appearance, I thought you would be a [World Marauder] or a [Draconic Devourer] considering you are dragging the corpse of a Dragon Variant. I certainly did not expect you to have a culinary class." He answered honestly to his words.

Dragil's laughter only grew louder, "You have a sharp tongue, boy. One day, you're going to die due to that."

"I get that a lot." Isaac was too used to such comments. He knows it's not a pleasant outlook, but that's just who he was.

Dragil wasn't that different, however, his straightforward disposition was lively and unrestrained, something Isaac didn't often encounter.

They walked around town, and Isaac saw many things, from people walking monsters considered mythical beings in his World to catching sight of weapons on the same level as his or even beyond.

It was fascinating to say the least.

His weapons were the Legendary Weapons of his own World. But seeing his weapons inferior or at the same level as a drunkard elicited no jealousy or irritation from him. It simply made sense, 'If this world is the gathering of the best only means the common weapons here are any less valuable than mine.'

They reached the restaurant that was made of old wood. The name [Old Butcher's Restaurant] was carved on a Silver Dragon Scale.

" What do you think of my little place?"

Dragil welcomed Isaac with a bright smile.

On the other side of a seemingly ordinary door was a world of mouth-watering fragrance filling Isaac's nose. However, more than the smell of food, what amazed Isaac even more was the unique collection of people inside.

High Elves, Dwargons, and even Selipids from the Sylph lineage, many he hadn't even encountered before. There were even races that had gone extinct in his world drinking ale.

But despite their different races, all of them had one thing in common, extraordinary strength [Lv. 415] [Lv. 347] [Lv. 178] [Lv. 289].

"This is amazing. To think a Dwargon would share a drink with an Elf without drawing their weapons. For a Demon to be in the presence of a Priests… this… this is not something I expected." Isaac had seen many things.

Many times, he claimed there nothing could surprise him anymore, however, he was proven wrong.

"Is this a Utopia?" he asked.

Dragil laughed proudly at his question, "Gahahahahaha! It appears you know your way around flattery! Anyway, I don't have much time so just go and ask for the owner's wife. MY wife, I might add. She has red-hair and wears an eyepatch when you meet her, tell her you're an Aberration and that you're with me. I'm going to prepare the Dragon Husk Parasite. Oh, tell her I'm going to make curry out of it."

Dragil left for the backdoor with a big smile on his face.

Leaving Isaac on the entrance, he had to wonder, 'Just how strong was Dragil. I can't even quantify his level, so that must mean I am being blocked? I can see their levels at least three times my own so that's not the limit. Is he using magic? An artifact? Or is he just that strong? Does it work similar to illusion and stealth spells? Is he some sort of Transcendental Being?'

"Welcome to Old Butcher's Restaurant. How many people are at your party or are you alone? We don't make a reservation unless you offer the suitable trade like a family recipe." a handsome young man with red hair explained.

[Lv. 98 (Locked Potential)]

"No, I'm looking for the owner's wife. I was instructed to come find her."

"Oh, okay, wait for a minute! MOM! Someone was sent here by Dad!"

The young man shouted to announce Isaac's arrival.

The men and women feasting on their food all paused and looked at Isaac with interest. All of them raised their mugs, "The Boss took an interest in a Newbie!? Hooh, he must be someone extraordinary then."

"Hey kid, why not join my Party? We're going to have an awful lot of adventures."

"Deric, you bastard, you already poached the last scouted person! Who do you think you are!?"

"HUH!? Shut up. If you don't like it, then extend an invitation yourself!"

Isaac expected some idiot running up to him, causing trouble because of one reason or another, but it would appear that such a thing did not happen.

But being invited like this was even more baffling. No one looked at him with envy in their eyes, and no one dared to make trouble for him because they think he's unworthy or something of that matter.

'I can get used to this.'

"Sorry about this; my Dad's kind of a big shot around here since the Town was created around his Restaurant."

Isaac listened and raised his brows, "Wait, does that mean he's the Town Lord?"

"Town Lord? No, he's not interested in becoming the Town Lord, so someone took over instead. But they do hate us because of that reason. Oh wait, if you're a newbie then that means you must not know. If you encounter a haughty, bitchy girl with blue hair, please just ignore her and walk along. If she offends you, please just understand she's stupid." The young man explained.

"Okay?" Isaac did not know how to react to his words.

"Oh yeah, if you're new to this world, does that mean you came from beyond?"

"I am not from here, so I don't really understand your terminology. Can you elaborate?"

"Oh, sorry about that. Ahem, the beyond is what people like us born here call the Worlds outside Avalon. I was just thinking of taking my Grand Trial soon so I wanted to gather as much information I can about different worlds. Wait! That's right, you wouldn't know that as well, a Grand Trial is what those born from [Outsiders] do for us to be free from the binds of the World. Outsiders completes World Quests to break their limits and go beyond level 99."

"Are you talking about the [Limit Break] Skill?" Isaac remembered how he received the Limit Break Skill and reached the three-digit level, "Hmm, from how you're explaining it to me, does this have to that Locked Potential thing above you?"

"Yes, that's correct. Unlike the [Originators] born here, those born from Outsiders in Avalon is limited in their improvement. Though our starting status is beyond normal — according to my father and mother at least — our true potentials are hindered by our roots and must go to different worlds and complete a World Quest or as we call it, a Grand Trial." The young man explained with anticipation building in his eyes.

'Oh, so it's like a coming-of-age ritual. It's like the Vanadur Tribe, the restrictions that are placed on them can only be lifted if they hunt down a monster that's level 20 and beyond.' Isaac finally understood, "Thanks for the info, kid."

"My name is Vandel." Vandel reached out his hand.

"I am Isaac; nice to meet you. Good luck with your Grand Trial, kid." Isaac shook his hand and just smiled in satisfaction after learning something he previously knew. He's glad to have a talkative person like Vandel explaining things.

A door from across the room suddenly slammed open, and a woman with red hair and an eyepatch came out carrying a platter for a customer.

[???]

Her beauty could be encapsulated in the word wild; she was wearing a waitress' gown that hid her modest chest. She walked around with sweet Tabaco in her mouth as she handed the order to a customer.

"Here's your Tundra Inferno Platter… ohoho, are you the one Dragil brought?" she asked after noticing Isaac and Vandel talking.

"Good day ma'am, my name is Isaac Apollyon. Your husband told me to meet you."

"The name's Eva – seeing how you don't know me tells me we're not from the same World. Oh yeah, you don't need to tell me, he told me to give you free information. I already saw him at the back; that reminds me." Eva turned around and looked at the people, "Who wants Dragon Husk Curry!?"

"Wait, he actually hunted the Dragon Husk Parasite!? Three orders, please!"

"Seven for me!"

"Only one, but make it a Rank 10 in terms of spiciness."

Eva just nodded after hearing them.

"Are you not going to take their orders?" Isaac asked.

"I can remember whose order is who by the voice, don't worry. With that out of the way, Dragil said that you have something else to say other than that he's making curry."

"Oh, he told me to tell you that I'm an Aberration."

When those words echoed in the room, everyone fell silent as they gave Isaac a weird look.

"Deric! You wanted to recruit the kid, right? I will now relinquish my desire to compete with you."

"No, no, I have learned my mistakes and shouldn't be greedy with companions. You can take him to your team Zac!"

Isaac was befuddled at the situation. Eva burst into laughter and couldn't be asked.

He turned to Vandel for an answer, whose eyes were glistening from awe, "An aberration? You're a true aberration, Isaac!?"

"…what does an Aberration mean?" asked Isaac, confused at the current situation.

"That means you're a God Slayer." Eva answered casually.

"What!?" Isaac yelped in shock, "That's absurd; I haven't met a God in my World in the first place."

Eva's laughter finally ended, and as she wiped the tears from her eyes, she asked Isaac, "Did you enter a Tower? Has a hundred floors and a regenerating number of monsters?"

"Yes?"

"Did you encounter a monster that's level 100?"

"What does this have anything to do with anything?"

"That's a God."

Fun Fact #5:

Gods gets stronger the more followers they have, however, even a God with less follower can become stronger than a major Deity if its follower is zealous enough.

1