10 Tactics
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Princess!" one of the guards shouted as he ran after to see what happened to Valentine.

But, he should've cared because right in front of him, one of the guards remained to eye him up and down, with a pitying look o his face.

The guard wore a beautifully tailored suit, and his face was immaculate, without any slight error. He was what you would call handsome. Even the scar below his right eye only made him look cooler than ugly. On his waist glowed a red sword with a dangerously sharp aura.

The guard looked at Isaac, "Did you know who you just hit?"

Isaac shrugged his shoulders, "A pampered asshole beating two injured people after getting her dress tainted with a small amount of blood? Or, for short, a massive bitch."

Isaac had just punched a girl without showing her any mercy. He struck her that she was blown away tens of meters, landing on piss-stained floors of the public bathroom, and even ripped her prized clothes.

Yet, in the middle of it all, Isaac remained standing straight, looking indifferent. He was unashamed of what he had done despite the fact he had punched a woman.

Indeed, Isaac does not care one bit how he'd be seen. He punched a bitchy asshole attacking two helpless people for staining her clothes.

For Isaac, it doesn't matter what your gender was.

It doesn't matter what your position is or who's behind you.

Isaac's hands never discriminate.

What he did was admirable. His actions were befitting of the Hero title to help those in need when others wouldn't. The onlookers surrounding them were proud of what Isaac had done, but, on the other hand, they too pitied him.

'He bit too much he could chew.'

'The level gap is too big; another Young Hero is about to fall.'

'Should I start a betting poll?'

Isaac and the beautiful guard looked at each other. A slight wind blew, and the guard reached out for his sword.

Primary Class: World Scholar Lv. 99

    [Battle Minded] + [Hunter's Instinctual Knowledge] + [Supreme Combat Tactician]

In that instant, Isaac reacted like lightning and stuck his foot forward, stopping the guard from drawing his sword. No, before the guard even moved his hand, Isaac was already moving to stop him.

[Lv. 189]

Isaac was at an extreme disadvantage; anxiety was filling him, fear materializing, but his head never ceased functioning. Instead, it just worked harder.

Levels were not merely for display as they improve a person's capabilities and mana capacity depending on their profession.

Isaac was fighting a swordsman; he did not know if he was a Magic Swordsman, either way, he just needed to defeat them before they could pull out their trump cards.

"Get off!" shouted the man in frustration as he pushed Isaac's foot away.

Pushed up, Isaac was in a half-somersault with his body still in the air, and he could clearly watch the guard quickly regain his posture.

'Iai!'

Isaac could see what that man planned on killing him in a single stroke. The Iai was the fastest slashing technique; it was too unrealistic to continually use in a war. But in a duel? It was a technique that could easily change the tide.

The guard had lost his chance to take an advantageous position as his sword was still sheathed.

The guard had long abandoned the thought of Isaac being easy prey, 'I initially underestimated him, thinking he's nothing but a fool. His movements are sharp, and if he can incorporate that flash of lightning other than movement, I might be put at a disadvantage. I don't know if he uses a weapon, but his initial reaction is clearly of a Close-Combat Specialist. Right now, he's in mid-air; if he regains his foothold, a burst movement this close means my defeat!'

Their range wasn't all that big, and against a polearm or a sword, a Close-Combat Specialist was useless when a warrior of the same skill level could maintain their distance. But the guard was already aware of Isaac's ability to close the distance.

Even he, a guard employed by the Town Lord for his looks, was once a man who completed a World Quest and reached Avalon of his own strength. He was the strongest in his world, and for so long, he had been complacent after a year of no longer facing deadly enemies.

However, as he faces Issac, the guard's instincts resurface. What was the Tiger who had lost his fangs to comfort used its claws to defeat the enemy before him?

The sword was drawn, and a golden light escaped from the scabbard. A blade as beautiful as the setting sun lit the entire place ablaze!

"Slash of the Setting Sun." the guard completed his slash without hindrance.

Blood was drawn from Isaac, and a line of blood appeared across his chest.

His eyes widened from shock, but he didn't die despite the blood.

No, he didn't even receive a fatal injury, for the sword had missed its intended target by two inches. The guard with the sunset sword bit his lips, 'He got me!'

The guard clicked his tongue as he looked down and saw a block of fist-size ice had actually appeared underneath his right foot, interfering with his stance at the very last second.

Quaternary Class: Elemental Conqueror

    [Conqueror of Frost]

'Ice Manifestation.' Isaac had manifested an ice block to mess with the guard. After interfering with his stance, the sword naturally missed its mark, sparing Isaac a dreary end.

Isaac's blood pumped inside his body like never before! Excitement filled him to the brim as he survived a sure-death experience!

Isaac landed on the ground and restarted his analysis.

'Sixty levels above me. He is physically stronger and faster than me; his mana reserves are five notches higher than mine, and the sword is magical in property and mixed with a fire attribute. Not only that, I could feel my body had grown heavier after its cut. Is it a curse or an affliction? I can't tell. But if it has a stacking effect, I'll be at a disadvantage if this turns into a drawn-out battle.' Isaac was determined.

However, the guard did not share the same sentiment as Isaac, 'I just need to hold out for three breaths of time to regain my posture. If I can hit him with my Golden Dusk a second time, I'll be able to neutralize his speed. A single cut that's all I need, then this will be my win.!'

They both share the same sentiments.

The following exchange would determine the fate of the fight.

Lightning crackled from Isaac's entire body. He took a deep breath, planted his foot on the ground, and readied himself for an assault.

The guard again planted his foot and raised his sword, "COME!" the guard shouted.

The guard was ready for what was to come, and with a massive grin on his face, blood dripping from his chest, and adrenaline rushing to his brain, Isaac engaged the guard with explosive speed!

Lightning Crackled, and then Thunder Exploded!

BOOM!

The ground turned to dust, and the guard's sword descended.

Isaac saw the sword come for him from above. Once it completes its descent, it slashes Isaac's right shoulder.

'I win!' The guard could see his victory was in sight.

But Isaac did something that shocked everyone watching. Isaac punched the ground, killed his advance, and then used the momentum he generated to leverage his hand and flip right in front of the sword.

The guard saw his sword narrowly missing Isaac's skin, and as he attempted to salvage the situation by retracting his blade, Isaac's foot had already pushed the sword down into the earth!

Using the sword as his foothold, Isaac's hair floated as lightning crackled and gathered on his other foot.

Primary Class: World Scholar Lv. 99

    [Modifier of Skill]

Secondary Class: Weapon's Master Lv. 99

    [Master Close-Combat Specialist]

Quaternary Class: Elemental Conqueror Lv. 17

    [Conqueror of Thunder and Lightning]

Master Close-Combat Specialist + Conqueror of Lightning + Modifier of Skills

Isaac directed the lightning to the soles of his foot, and the spirits of lightning lacerated his skin, generating extreme pain. But he couldn't care less; Isaac was smiling still.

"Skill Creation: Stomp of the Thunder God."

BOOM!

A massive lightning surge exploded from his foot to the guard's solar plexus, instantly draining the air from his body, fainting almost instantaneously, and he was then sent flying across the road, leaving his sword stuck on the ground.

[Class Level Up]

Primary Class: World Scholar Lv. 99 -> 100 (Max) (Class Advancement Quest Created)

Secondary Class: Weapon's Master Lv. 99 -> 100 (Max) (Class Advancement Quest Created)

Quaternary Class: Elemental Conqueror Lv. 17 -> 19

[Conqueror of Lightning Lv 4 -> 6/20]

'So even in this world, there are Third-Rate Warriors.'

 

Fun Fact #10

There is a Myth that when people reaches Level 95 and above they become transcended and no longer needs to breath.

0