Chapter 1
35 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

–Chapter 1–

 

Panic.

Where am I?

Panic.

What is this?

Panic.

Panic. Panic! PANIC!

This isn’t a dream, so why am I looking at autumn leaves and brown trunks after I woke up? What. Has. Happened.

PANIIIIC!

I was laying down in the dirt, with my last memory being that I was in bed. What had happened? I moved around and went to stand up, whilst calming my mind and thinking of what may have occurred. Okay, I’ve read a lot of isekai stories, doesn’t mean I’m so lucky as to be transported into one... Wait, an isekai wouldn’t be lucky! My friends, family! All my life’s work- no, it must be something else. It’s supposed to be spring, so am I in Australia now? Maybe Chilli? Where... do I go? Sun... i-is low, so that means it’s probably morning... and the sun comes up in the west, which means... Agh! What’s going on!

Still with a calm face, but cold sweat dripping down my entire body, I took a moment to breathe and noticed... silence. There was no water nearby. I looked down to where I lay and lo and behold, a gift from heaven! I didn’t know why, but it seemed as if my totally-not-sharpened and 100% legal Zweihänder was transported with me somehow! Beside it were a few other items, but first I bowed over to grab it and was very surprised when a lock of hair fell down. It seemed to be light blue instead of blonde. Ehm... what? I quickly grabbed my sword and grabbed for other items I had with me. Under the leaves I found: my phone, my charger, a few pieces of plastic, a green tee shirt, a light grey vest, my favourite trousers and four shoes, of which only two formed a pair, which were two white sneakers. I looked around for a bit longer, hoping there’d be anything else or a hint on what the heck happened to me but found nothing.

The most important part was, what happened to me. Details such as blue hair later. I turned on my phone and saw that there was zero connection, no wifi, no G4. There was some kind of white square with a blue rune on it. Well, that’s not good. Ignoring the weird logo, I opened a few folders to look for another weird app, file, photo, or whatever. When nothing was found, I searched again, but quicker, then again but slower. Then I searched my settings quadrice and also found nothing related to the blue rune. In the end, nothing was found and my phone was down to 65%. I gave up and decided to open Mirror and see what happened to my hair. When it loaded, I saw that not only was my hair dyed the colour of my eyes, my eyes were now the colour of my hair... roughly. It gave me a kind of female lead vibe I didn’t jab with.

I looked around, for something. I still only saw the trees and a normal sky above those trees... a bit too cloudy for my taste- but that isn’t my problem! I just realised how well I was able to maintain mental integrity and that led me to think about how I was now lost in the woods with different, inhuman, looks, no connection to maps and no way to know what had happened or where my family was... or even if I’d even ever see them again.

At that moment, I broke. My legs felt weak and I went down to my knees, everything dropping from my hands. I first started sobbing and then crying. Crying, lost in the middle of the woods, far from home and no idea if this weird land had anything to help me. There, thinking about my family, about my two to four friends and all of my acquaintances, there was no disturbance or TV crew to come from the bushes. But no matter if this was a prank, an act of god or some weird multi-dimensional bullcrap, I was far from home and with no way back.

x x x

Felicia stood up again. The sun was already pretty high in the sky by the time she stopped griefing. She didn’t know if this was its top or if it would go higher, but she’d already wasted more than enough time on crying about something that she couldn’t change.

It was actually her thirteenth attempt at stopping her useless grief and had already calmed down considerably, though the panic and grief was now not only replaced by the weird calm, but also by an odd emptiness she hadn’t felt all too often. She grabbed her clothing and went behind a tree to switch out of her pyjamas and into the fitting clothes, though she’d have to do without socks.

Felicia put her phone in her pocket, half sticking out, and rolled up her charger and put it in the other pocket, more than half sticking out. She then grabbed the plastics and took them with her and also took her zweihänder onto her shoulder, with her pyjamas draping over her left arm for now.

Now as properly prepared as she could be, Felicia picked the direction that looked most open and friendly and marched on, into the sparse autumn woods.

Announcement
Starting a new story, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! The next release will be on monday.
2