Chapter 2
30 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

–Chapter 2–

Felicia saw a bird every now and then, moving from the ground to a tree and from a tree to another one. She saw few other animals, though she did often hear distant sounds and once spotted a stag running away. She took in the fresh air in the woods and started thinking about how she would handle her time here.

Well, everything from the trees to the birds and the stag look like they’re from around where I live, so maybe the fungi are the same too? Means I’d finally get to use what I learned from that little book, to cook! Hm, maybe I could learn some things from people when I’d meet them too! Local cuisine!

She started skipping and humming one of the many tunes she knew. It was one from a movie she’d seen a few years past, about a pianist and an actress. Not that she remembered much of the tunes, but she could at least roughly remember them, which was good enough a distraction.

After a while she came across the edge of the forest. She looked outside and saw- oh no... 

What Felicia saw was a mediaeval-style farming village in the middle of the fields. It had a few houses and pens, with one two-storey house in the middle. There were farmlands surrounding it and a single path leading through it, from the right side into the back, towards some hills that were visible now that there weren’t so many trees blocking the view farther away. Behind the village, the forest continued, covering the hills in browns and oranges with a bit of green. To the right of the forest was an opening towards another meadow. It was enclosed by the continuation of the current forest on its left and Felicia’s right. Into this forest went the road which crossed the village. Left of the village and along the road was a rivulet which went into the woods again on Felicia’s left.

The scene was pleasing, but the village confirmed Felicia’s greatest worry: she wasn’t on modern day earth. Suddenly an idea popped into her head which she somehow hadn’t thought about up until now. She could’ve been moved into the past.

I sounded just as stupid as being thrown into another world, so it was just as likely. Why did she get her totally legal weapon and some clothing which was probably not even near her? It helped, so the question for that would come second. Worrying about everything would just make her sad again, so going ahead it is!

Felicia stepped out of the forest and-

“[Exited forest]”

“[Entered meadow]”

she was jumpscared by a voice coming from her phone. It sounded artificial, like the google voice, though Felicia was sure she’d chosen the male one, not female. She went back into the forest and the messages played out again, now for entering the forest instead of for leaving it.

She opened her phone and instead of her normal opening screen, there was now a completely different scene. The battery and connection were gone, so were just the entirety of the top and bottom bars. The only thing shown was a white background with light blue text.

[System

[Felicia Faust

[Menu

[1. Status screen

[2. Skill and class screen

[3. Status

[4. Inventory

[5. N/A

[0. Options

She curiously selected her status screen.

[Lv.    1

[Race:    Human

[Stat points:

[STR.    2    ] [In.     10

[DEX.    2    ] [In.     7

[CON.    2    ] [In.     7

[INT.    0    ] [In.     12

[WIS.    0    ] [In.     6

[CHA.    0    ] [In.     21

[Expendable        1

[Speed: 6 m    ] [HP:    18

[Skill and class screen

This wasn’t D&D... that, Felicia was sure of. When she pressed on parts, she got to know information on them.

First, strength was how much force you could muster. It was how much you could carry or what you could pull. It also impacted speed, but this was shared with dexterity, the second “stat”.
Dexterity was mostly about how fast one could move in battle and move around in general. It appeared that if strength was sufficient for your weapon, you would rather have a higher score for dexterity.
Third was constitution. Just like normal constitution, this was someone’s physical health. How long someone could walk and how resistant their bodies were to physical abuse all depended on this.
The fourth one was intelligence. Based on what or how much you learned and are able to bring into the field, it was just normal intelligence. There was an asterisk attached which Felicia couldn’t get to open or load.
Fifth was wisdom. Wisdom was just how much common sense you had, with another asterisk.
Last of the “stats” was charisma. It was how much you were able to deal with situations verbally, be it via intimidation or with smooth talking. There was an asterisk attached here too, but Felicia could open it this time.

{*Note: your charisma is based upon the factors “cute”, “creepy”, “handsome” and “mature”. Factor bias differs per target.}

Huh, I wonder where those come from. Very contradictory, cute and the rest.

The last thing she wanted to check were the in. numbers. They were apparently her innate scores, which were someone’s natural statistics. There was a fun menu with the average score for each stat of the modern human race from earth. With the exception of intelligence, she was above average in each score.

Felicia turned off her phone and let the information sink in. How this “System” knew or did this, she would find out later. First, she would use her knowledge of fungus to fetch a fruity feast full of flavourful fungi!

Announcement
Next chapter will be Wednesday! After that, Saturday. Please comment what you liked or didn't like so far!
2