5 – Witch Hunt…
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter Five

     Ren and Asher headed back, victorious. Ren, though, was still wondering about his witch’s eye quest. Where would he get that? Turns out, he was about to find out. 

     They walked up to the woman. 

     “We beat the dungeon!” Ren said. 

     “Since when was there a we?” the woman laughed. 

     “Since in the dungeon. This is Asher.” 

     “Nice to meet you.” said Asher. “What’s your name?” 

     “Aisha.” said the woman. 

     Aisha gave them a tour of the rest of the village. The village was merry. It was filled with snow, and they had a tree with ornaments, like on Earth. 

     “Okay, now that I have finished the tour of the village, do you want to know about the Tri-Planet Tournament coming up next month?” Aisha asked. 

     “What’s that?” Ren asked back. 

     “Basically, the tournament is a competition between Ranzekugan, Crun, and Oberon. The three planets will compete in a PvP style battle tournament. The winners get a million experience points, plus an additional 100 million gold for their planet if they win.” explained Asher. 

     “But how? We’re on different planets.”

     “There’s portals to the other planets at the borderlands. They open up every year.” 

     Ren nodded thoughtfully. This competition sounded really great. The winner was also rewarded greatly. 

     “Asher, I forgot to ask, what class are you?”

     “Unique as well. It’s called Posei’s Shielder. Have no idea what it does.” said Asher. 

     “Nice. We should go on an adventure to prepare for this tournament.” 

     Asher nodded. So they set off. After they had some food, they grabbed everything they needed and started. 

     As they were riding their horses, Ren looked out to the horizon. The sun was distant, but at the same time near in his heart. 

     He blinked. 

     “Wait, why is the sun on the horizon? That was for Earth, right? We’re on Oberon.” 

     Asher thought about that for a moment. 

     “That’s a good question. I don’t know.” 

     They rode on, still wondering about the sun. Suddenly, Ren slipped off the horse. He fell into the vegetation and started rolling down the hill. 

     Asher turned back and started riding his horse down the hill. He held his hand out for Ren, and he grabbed it. He pulled him back up. Unfortunately, that very moment, a pack of wolfish creatures appeared in front of them. The horse panicked, dropped them both on the ground, and rushed away. Now they didn’t have either horse, and were surrounded by pack hunters. 

     “Ren! These are Rowlfs! They hunt in packs, and are twice as dangerous as raptors.” 

     “WHAT?!”

     There were 4, and the two of them were surrounded. They had to fight. 

     Ren activated Oppression, while Asher activated his bear spirit. Ren grinned. 

     “Come at us, bi-”

     The Rowlf pounced. Ren smirked, surprised the creature had fallen for his trap. He ducked under the Rowlf, and stabbed it on the underside. It fell over on its side, bleeding out green blood. The other three pounced at Asher. Ren blocked one, the bear spirit took one, and Asher started fighting another. 

     Ren’s Rowlf was the fastest of the three left, moving at incredible speed to dodge Ren’s blade. It got under Ren, forcing him to take time to move back, and then it pounced. It went straight for the hand. 

     Ren activated Iron Fists instantly, turning his body to steel. He punched the creature, causing it to fall back. Meanwhile, the bear spirit was so strong it killed the wolf instantly. Asher, though, was having a little bit of trouble. His Rowlf was strong, taking huge risks and coming at him from every direction. 

     Ren punched Asher’s wolf and it went down. It got back up, though, and started going for Ren. 

     The bear spirit came in with a sucker punch, and took the Rowlf down for good. Now, only Ren’s Rowlf was left. It kept trying to dodge, but three people (or 2 people and a bear, depending on how you look at it) overpowered it completely. They beat it, emerging victorious. 

     “Yeah!” Ren yelled. But their celebration was short-lived. 

     “What’s that noise?” Asher asked. 

     Ren looked up at the top of the hill… and screamed. Thousands of Rowlfs were running down the hill at top speed. They had to get out of here. 

     Suddenly, Asher got a notification. 

 

You have one new skill. 

Skill name: Fly

Skill Description: You can fly. Duh.

Skill tier: S+

 

     He picked Ren up, deactivated the bear spirit, and lifted off the ground. 

     “You can fly?” 

     “Just got the skill.” 

     And on they flew. The sky was turning dark, so they had to stop soon. They found a tall peak to rest on. 

     They touched down. Ren started a closed campfire, so that they would have light and heat, but no one would be able to see the smoke. 

     As they talked and ate, they heard some commotion down below. Ren went and peeked over the edge. 

     He saw two shadowy figures, talking in hushed voices. 

     “They are up there. They might hear us. We have to kill them.” 

     Ren gaped. These people wanted to kill them. 

     “Do you have your spells ready? We have to go up there.”

     Ren instantly realized these were witches. He had to stop them. 

     He threw on a robe, pretending to be an old man. 

     “Asher, I’ll be right back,” he whispered. He went down the hill and walked up to the witches. 

     “Excuse me, young ladies, can you point me in the direction of the witch huts? I’m blind, and I need a remedy. I heard witches were good people.” The witch looked heartbroken.

     “Sorry sir, we ca-!”

     The witch slapped a hand over the other witch. 

     “Sure! We are witches. Just go in this direction, and you can reach my hut!” 

     She grabbed Ren’s hand, and pointed it in a random direction. Suddenly, he activated Oppression. His hand turned into a blade, and he turned around and stabbed the blade into the witch, piercing her vital organs. 

     She collapsed, and Ren turned to the other witch, stabbing her too. 

     Both bodies were lying on the ground. Ren got ready for the disgusting part. He cut open the witch’s bloodshot eyes and grabbed one. 

 

Quest complete!

Abilities: Unknown, Unlock at Level 20

Quest 1: Beat a Dungeon (Completed)

Quest 2: Beat a Dragon (Completed)

Quest 3: Acquire a Witch’s Eye. (Completed)

Quest 4: Take a Seethsoaker out. 

Quest 5: Acquire a Seethsoaker skin fragment. 

Quest 6: Beat Quest 5

Quest 7: Beat Quest 6

Quest 8: Beat Quest 7

Quest 9: Beat Quest 8

Quest 10: Beat Quest 9

 

0