Chapter 6
467 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I nod my head and say.

"That is right. My name is Jacob Shiff, and you are?"

"Ah, where is my manner? My name is Ferdiad Gurain. I'm the manager that handles all the textile and clothing trading. It is nice to meet you. Anyway, can you follow me to the other room? We need some privacy."

"Of course."

I followed the man to the room not too far away from the entrance. After closing the door, I sat down in front of Ferdiad. I can see him pick up a tea tray before pouring it for me.

"Please enjoy."

I nod my head and take a sip of the tea. Hmmm, not bad. I still prefer green tea, but this tea is not bad. I guess my tongue is already used to green tea and likes it more than black tea.

"How is it?"

"Not bad. The tea has a particular aroma and taste. I think the tea leaves are too dried up and lose a little bit of their taste. I'm guessing the people that produce this tea do it to make the tea darker when it touches hot water." |AN: I did not know anything about tea. I made this up. Put down the forks and torches!|

I take another sip and say.

"This type of tea is good when you add some sugar and milk. You can serve this type of tea in the afternoon with some biscuits or other cake. I still prefer bitter tea, which is why I like green tea more, but black tea is also good for certain associations."

I look at Ferdiad, who looks at me with widened eyes before smiling at me a second later.

"Hmmm? Is there something wrong?"

"Nothing. It was just a test. Many people want to sell me expensive clothes and silk that is not theirs. Most of them are bandits that stole it from other merchants. I make this test to test if they own the clothes and other goods. Not a stolen one."

"Oh? Isn't this test too easy?"

"Oh, you would be surprised how many people fall for this trick. Bandits will complain about the bitter taste and how disgusting the tea was, and a low-level merchant will grimace but hold themselves together and say the tea is delicious."

"And for the rich merchant?"

"Will ask me for some sugar, milk, or honey. You are the first one who has that reaction. I'm impressed. You must know a lot of tea, huh?"

"Thank you, and yes. I'm a tea collector, and I also collect some rare alcohol I can get."

"Hahahaha! That is true. Tea for the morning and afternoon and alcohol for the evening! That is the way of life."

I raise my cup of tea at that statement and see him sit down on the chair.

"Anyway, do you want some sugar?"

"And milk, please."

"Of course."

I see him walk toward the cupboard and take out a tray of milk and sugar.

"How much?"

"One cube will do and a little bit of milk."

We both enjoy our tea for a few minutes before I decide to break the pleasant atmosphere by saying.

"Anyway, should we go to business?"

"Ah! I almost forgot about that. It's been a while since I had someone who knows their tea. Let's get to business, shall we?"

I can see the man in front of me change. The kind and excited man I saw before is gone and leaving a businessman that is ready to get the best deal for himself.

I nod my head and say.

"How much do you want to pay for the silk?"

"Let me be honest here. I would not buy them if you did not have the amount we needed. How many of them do you have?"

I snap my finger and open my inventory. I let all of the silk inside my inventory pour out. Slowly but surely, the silk gets into a mountain of silk. It stopped after a minute, and I could feel my inventory become empty.

"How about that?"

"H-How?"

"Trade secret."

Ferdiad looked at me for a second before saying.

"Are you by any chance someone from a magician family?"

"Yes."

I decided to wing it so it would not gather more attention.

"How envious. Your ability is something many merchants envy."

"That is why I became a merchant instead of a magician."

"Hah! A good choice. Anyway, let me look at them for a few minutes to ensure all of them have the same quality."

"Go ahead."

I wait for him to finish while enjoying the tea and biscuit on the table. After almost half an hour of checking all of the goods, I can see Ferdiad nod his head and say.

"I will take them. I will give you one hundred potch per yarn."

"Are you robbing me? Seven hundred per yarn."

"And now you are robbing me. Two hundred."

"No can do. Six hundred."

"Four hundred and fifty per yarn, and I will take all of them. That is as high as I can give you."

"Throw another ten, and we have a deal."

"Deal! Please wait here. I will be back with the money."

I nod my head and wait for him. I look at the stack of silk yarn and see the basket underneath it. I frown a little when I see the number on it. I don't think I managed to kill four hundred and seventy BonBon and FurFur today.

It looks like one monster managed to drop double or triple the loot.

~Half an hour later~

"Sorry for the wait."

I look at the door and see Ferdiad come back. I can see a small wagon behind him filled with coins.

"Here is two hundred sixteen thousand and two hundred coins."

I know that it will be a lot, but I never thought to see a small mountain of coins. I nod my head and put them inside my inventory. I'm fortunate that my money is separated. It will take a lot of space inside my inventory.

"It is nice to have a business with you."

"The pleasure is all mine. Anyway, where do you want to go now, Jacob?"

"Rune shop. While I'm a merchant, I still come from a magician family. Rune is a must-have."

"I see. Then you are lucky. Sol-Falena has the biggest rune shop in this Queendom. Just go to the east. The shop is at the edge of the city. You will not miss it. Just follow the road to the east, and you will see it."

"Of course. Thank you."

I get out of the trading house and walk to the east. While walking to the rune shop, I encountered a blacksmith not too far away from the trading house. I take out my sword and put it on my belt before getting inside the blacksmith.

When I get inside, I can feel a hot wind pass me. Man, this place is hot.

Many people work in front of a smeltery and hammer the weapon on their anvil. I shake my head and walk toward the desk near the entrance.

"What do you need?"

"Repair and maybe upgrade."

I place the sword on the desk and let him examine it for a few seconds. He puts the blade on the table and then says.

"100 for the repair and four hundred for the upgrade."

"That much?"

"Do you want the lesser upgrade? It was not as sharp and durable."

"Ah, no. I thought that four hundred is a lesser upgrade."

"I'm a blacksmith. I will tell you the best upgrade first before the lesser one."

"I will take the four hundred."

"Good. The job will take three or four hours. You need to pay half before we start the job."

I nod my head and pour two hundred and fifty coins inside the bucket. I can see the man nod his head and write something.

"Here. Bring this in three hours."

"Of course. I will be back."

I walk out of the blacksmith and continue my journey.

~Sometimes later~

I look at the building with a weird colour in front of me with a frown. I have seen rooms with pink colour, but I never thought to see someone willing to paint their building a bright pink colour. I can see an orb symbol engraved on top of the door of the building.

It was just like in the game.

I walked inside the building and was greeted by a beautiful woman behind the desk smiling at me. She is wearing… almost nothing! The only thing that she covers is part of her breasts, including the nipple and her sacred region. She wears a shawl that a strip dancer wears in an Arabian-type strip club.

A see-through shawl that cannot hide anything.

Spoiler

[collapse]
Spoiler

[collapse]

"Fufufufu. Welcome~"

I shudder a little when I hear her voice. What kind of monster nest do I enter?

16