Chapter 10
428 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I check all of my equipment for a few seconds and nod my head. Equipment, check. Skill…

|Water Rune| |Level: 52|

{Passive: Control water around you. The higher the level, the more water you can control.}

{Active: Every spell does not use mana and is more powerful the higher the level.}

[spell]

{Kindness Drops: Fully heal yourself or one ally (and cure status abnormalities) (Cannot generate lost limbs.} {Can be used five times per day cycle}

{Ice Spike: Generate five ice spikes and throw them at the enemy. {Can be used three times per day cycle}

|Lightning Rune| |Level: 52|

{Passive: Generate lightning at will. The higher the level, the more powerful the lightning you generate}

{Active: Every spell does not use mana and is more powerful the higher the level.}

[spell]

{Thunder Runner: Summon a beam made of lightning from the tip of your finger} {Can be used six times per day cycle}

{Berserk Blow: A powerful lightning bolt appeared from above and struck your enemy} {Can be used four times per day cycle}

Check. My rune spell is still full and ready to be used. I take a deep breath and walk toward the hole underneath the massive tree.

|Do you want to enter the dungeon?|

|Y/N|

I press the accept button, and suddenly the world around me starts to change. The forest around me changes into a cavern. I can see a narrow path in front of me, and for some reason, I have a bad feeling coming from the narrow path.

Kobolds is a master of traps and ambushes; that is the description of this dungeon. I take out a piece of boar meat from my inventory and throw it away. As the meat landed on the ground, I could see seven kobolds jump from the wall.

Seeing the enemy, I dash forward and swing my sword. Before the kobolds could even react, I had already killed all of them using my sword and fire produced from my rune. After killing them all, I walk toward where they are hiding and see a piece of leather hide on the ground.

"Hmmm, they paint the leather the same color as the wall, huh? Also, what is this?"

I touch the hide and see there is some kind of powder on it. After taking a little bit of the powder, I can see its name appear.

|Kalian Powder|

|A powder from Kalian Flower. It can mask the smell if applied continuously for seven days.|

Hmmm, that is interesting. I guess I need to buy a book about plants and animals in this world or at least this continent.

I throw the powder away and get up from the ground.

"Let's continue."

~Sometimes later~

"Haaaa… Haaaa…"

I am panting on the ground while taking out an arrow from my shoulder. Lucky for me, the kobolds did not have a barbed arrowhead, or it would have been worse to take out the arrow from my shoulder.

After plucking all the arrows on my body, I drink three potions at once. I can feel all of my wounds getting closed and healed.

It was an understatement when they said the Kobolds are masters of traps. Every few meters of this place is filled with traps, from typical pitfall traps to an automatic arrow thrower mechanism.

What makes matters worse, the deeper I go, the stronger the kobolds become. Most of the Kobolds in this area are level five or level seven. Not only that, but their number also increased. If the previous place only had ten or so kobolds per group, there are at least twelve kobolds per group.

What makes matters worse, there is at least one Kobold Shaman among them.

Lucky for me, most of their attacks are lightning in nature. I didn't really need to kill them immediately like before because of my current equipment.

"Haaaa… How long since I got inside this place?"

I look at my quest and see it's been five hours since I got here. Holy shit, that long? I've thought I only explored this place for an hour or two, but five? I take out a piece of bread and some beef jerky from my inventory before eating them.

I also take a bottle of water and drink it.

After ten minutes of break, I take my sword and continue my journey. After walking for ten minutes without any interruption, I know something is wrong. I slow down my pace and keep my sword closer.

After another couple of minutes of walking, I noticed something in front of me. It was a massive creature holding a butcher sword in its hand. It has the body of a lizard but stands on its two feet. It was a kobold, but it was even bigger than any normal kobold. He is ten meters tall.

|Jul - Kobold General| |Level: 10|

Spoiler

[collapse]

Boss?! No. The dungeon description says the enemy in this dungeon is around level five to level fifteen.

*ROAR*

I wince a little at the loud roar and see the kobolds running toward me. I duck low and swing my sword when the boss appears in front of me. After creating a gash on the boss' stomach, I quickly roll to the ground to dodge the incoming attack.

"Thunder Runner!"

After I say that, my rune glows a little, and a second later, a beam of lightning shoots out from my finger. When the beam hit the Kobold General, it exploded into an electrical explosion.

I can see the boss fall to the ground and cannot move. Wait! Does this spell stun the enemy? Great! Every time I used this spell, it was only for the finisher.

"Ice Spike!"

Five ice spikes appear above the boss and fall on it. Seeing the boss cannot yet move, I quickly run toward it and jump on top of its head before stabbing its eye. I continue to push my sword deeper.

*ROAR*

Before I could react, the boss roared and threw me away with his hand. Urgh. Was that a wall? Yeah, it was a wall. I shake my head and look at the boss, pull my sword from his eye and throw it away.

When the boss looks at me, I can only see hatred and madness inside his lone eye. Shit.

14