Chapter 12
385 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I dash forward with my sword in hand. I can see the boss also running toward me with his halberd. I quickly roll to the right when the massive halberd falls down on me. However, before I could get close, the monster had already taken back his weapon and swung it.

I cannot help but jump away from the boss.

I frown a little. This will be harder than before. That halberd gave the boss a reach that I did not have. My sword is too short and cannot reach him before the boss can take back his weapon. Long-range? Long-range it is.

I run toward the boss once again, and just like before, the boss swings down his halberd to attack me. I dodge to the left and point my finger at him.

"Thunder Runner!"

I can see the boss taking back his weapon to block my attack, but it was my lightning attack instead of me charging at him.

*BOOM*

An explosion is happening, and after a few seconds, I frown a little.

The boss is still moving. The boss is stunned, but not for long. A couple of seconds at most, unlike the previous boss.

I see. This boss has a longer range and a more durable body, but this boss is slower in exchange. What kind of exchange is that?! Does this boss get two positives and only one negative?! Where is the equivalent exchange?!

Well, I cannot talk about an equivalent exchange myself.

*ROAR*

Hmmm?! I see the boss twirl his halberd before slamming his weapon on the ground. What the hell?!

I can see the ground shake, and suddenly a giant earth spike appears from the ground. I look around for a moment and see the earth spike is spreading out at high speed. I run away from the incoming attack while looking around for a moment.

"Oh!"

I jump as high as possible with all of my might before thrusting my sword to the cavern's ceiling. I can see the spike did not reach the ceiling, which is good, but it spread across the entire place.

This place is a corridor-type dungeon. It did not have much space to run around, and that attack is a sure hit attack if I'm in the game. However, because this is reality, I can use my environment to my advantage.

I can see the earth spike disappear a few seconds later. Huh, it looks like it did last for a long time. That is good. I did not need the battlefield to change every time that bastard decided to attack me.

I pull my sword from the ceiling and land on the ground.

"Sadly, I did not have much of an option in the Long-range fight. That only leaves one thing, all-out-attack."

I dash forward at high speed. My plan is to get close to the boss and use my sword to do some damage. I can only use my Thunder Runner one or two more because I need to save some of the spells to fight the main boss.

*BOOM*

I dodge the first attack and continue to run toward the boss. When the boss takes back his weapon and swings it, I quickly roll forward and point my finger at him.

"Berserker Blow!"

*BOOM*

The explosion from the lightning hitting the boss creates a dust smoke around the boss. I use the smoke as a cover and jump toward the boss' face. I swing down my sword and cut through its eye.

As I land on the ground, I coat my sword with a thin layer of lightning and stab the boss' leg. I swung my sword and cut the boss' leg with my sword. I can see the boss, still clutching his eyes, fall to the ground as he loses one of his legs.

As he fell to the ground, I did not wait or go idle. I jump, land on top of the boss, and then thrust my sword toward the boss's neck. I push my sword deeper and move the sword to the side. I slowly slit the throat of the boss.

I fall to the ground when I see the boss disappear into a mote of light.

"Finally."

I get up from the ground and take a bottle of water from my inventory. After drinking some water, I release a sigh and continue my journey.

"Heh. I still have a lot of time on this quest. Star Rune, here I come."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

When Jacob gets past the room where he fights the mini-boss, he arrives in a massive cavern unlike before. As he continues to walk forward, he can see a throne at the edge of the cavern, and sitting on the throne is a giant kobold.

The kobold is holding a massive bastard sword and is not wearing any armor. There is a symbol on its body. It has the shape of a fire; it is the Fire Rune symbol.

|Jian - Kobold King| |Level: 15|

Spoiler

[collapse]

The Fire Rune on its body glows a little, and when Jian roars, a torrent of fire moves toward Jacob at high speed. Seeing the fire, Jacob jumps as high as he can and stabs his sword at the ceiling once again.

"I immediately fight another boss, and by its look, this will be the last enemy. Also, he can use magic. Great."

When he sees the boss release another torrent of fire toward him, Jacob pulls his sword from the ceiling and lands on the ground. As his feet touch the ground, he quickly runs toward the boss.

When he gets near the boss, he swings his sword upwards and meets the boss' sword. A loud sound of steel meeting steel can be heard throughout the cavern.

"Urgh! You have higher STR than me, huh?! Berserker Blow!"

After he says that, lightning appears above the boss and strikes him. Seeing his chance, Jacob swung his sword upwards and made a gash on Jian's body. However, after swinging his sword, Jacob widened his eyes when he saw that the boss was not stunned by his lightning attack and opened his mouth.

A torrent of fire hit Jacob as he did not have enough time to dodge the attack. When the torrent of fire disappears, Jacob, still standing with his entire body, has a burn injury. However, instead of his body being moist, he is soaking wet.

"You bastard. If I'm a little bit late, I will be dead. I guess I'm a little bit careless. However, I already know the cooldown of your attack. Fifteen seconds, huh? That is fast, but it should be enough."

Just as his HP is about to reach quarter, he activates the Kindness Drop spell. He manages to get his HP bar to stay in half and prevent himself from dying.

"Now, it's my turn! Ice Spike!"

Five ice spikes appear above them and stab Jian in his back. Jacob can hear the scream from the boss and dash forward once again. With the boss losing his footing, Jacob jumps high and coats his sword with lightning before stabbing the neck of the boss with his sword.

When Jian tries to grab him, Jacob's finger glows a little before releasing a ray of lightning. The lightning still gets him, but Jacob ignores it because not only does his armor reduce the damage from lightning, he cannot give the boss a chance to attack him.

"Thunder Runner! Followed by Berserker Blow!"

A lightning strike hit the boss and Jacob head-on. After the spell is hit, Jian is stunned and cannot move his body.

"Ice Spike"

When the giant Kobolds fall to the ground, Jacob summons another ice spike and makes sure Jian cannot move by impaling all of his legs and hands to the ground. With the boss pinned to the ground, Jacob pulls out his sword, pushes a large amount of mana into his sword, and creates a lightning sword.

Jacob swung his sword and separated Jian's head from his body using both of his hands.

|Congratulations! You conquer the Kobolds Dungeon!|

|Please go to the other room for your reward.|

16