Chapter 142 | Mark who?
1.2k 0 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Read the next 20 (all!!!) chapters in -Patreon.com/TC_L]

-

It had been several days since the movie was out. 

There were already more than thousands of people who awaited its release before the premiere. After the premiere, the cinema halls and screening premises were filled and flooded with fans. 

The comments and the videos that were trending were positive for the greater part, but there were minority comments that hadn’t died down. 

In Nwitter, between the trends of #Avatar and #Avatar_unoriginal, the former continued to get the support of the majority of the fans in waves. 

|| @BornConfused 

Here are the tickets for #Avatar! My people, it's worth it! No rushing but would be just a chef’s kiss if you take a look! Mwah mwah!

[Pictures of Avatar movie tickets - two of them]

|| @thegodfatherpart replies to BornConfused

I normally don’t support any sentence by those red lip influencers. But an avatar is truly something. If you want a full review, head to IAM. The critics were all explaining the movie's glory! 

|| @ihazquestion 

#Avatar Anyone?! Shouldn’t be just me! @Ian Renner, omg omg omg director! You look so hot, this is the first time I heard about your movies and it was worth it! I wish I could have an avatar boyf-

|| @kim_Chi 

#Avatar. Guys, the hashtag is all over my home page! I can’t believe people find it extremely unbelievable that the movie is an original. Like, check @Bloodboiler’s profile. 

|| @Bloodboiler

I’m so done with all the trends. Sway, Nwitter, and basically, EVERYWHERE it’s all about Avatar. For an OG like me, who was obsessed with ‘Dancing with Wolves’ I can’t believe y’all appreciate this. Shame on everyone. But apparently, someone wise yet random mentioned that you know you’re popular when you get hate comments. Maybe this was one of them, but I can’t help but think how this is so similar to Dancing With Wolves. #AvatarUnoriginal #NotoAvatar

-

“Forty-Eight million dollars! And I can see from afar that Ian Renner with Goofy masterfully reaches the one billion milestones within… One month? I’ll give it just a month! 

With us, we today have our director, scriptwriter, and co-editor Alexander Homo- Uh, Homorid. Hello sir, how are you?” 

“Good morning, Trent. Homorid, yes. I honestly thought you’d laugh at my last name, which was why I got the habit of sharing my middle name since the first step of my career. How is it going for you? I have never been better.”

“Ah yes, what more about me? I have been fine and all. I heard that you were invited to the Avatar premiere. And it wasn’t enough for you, so you went ahead and watched it again.”

“Can we be honest here?” Alexander asked 

“You can be honest as much as you want,” the host said.

“Yeah, so talking about this movie, it is a wonderful piece of work. This incredible movie is a work of genius on every level. The flawless script is something I could applaud. Like, I’ve been writing scripts for over seventeen years now, and trust me I can’t even believe such an amazing kid exists.”

“Do I see an Ian fan over here? Is that what I’m witnessing?” 

“Trent, one thing, have you watched the movie yet?” Alex asked back in his weary voice.

“No, I actually couldn’t. Even though I pre-booked the movie tickets, I couldn’t go on time because I had to host today’s show. I’d go tomorrow though.”

“Well, trust me, you’d know if you watch the movie. Let me complete my thoughts, or else I’d write an article about Pandora and its beauty, the movie’s amazing story. So to talk about it, the pandora's hauntingly beautiful scenery. Also the seamless technology and of course engaging characters and acting… Marvelous. Flawless. True beauty. I was captured, Alex. 

"You are watching an A -1 entertainment, but much more than that as you realize that this interwoven tale on another pristine planet, which earthlings are trying to dominate, parallels what we have done to a once pristine North America, the aboriginal population, Africa and much of her peoples and the Amazon rainforest and everything else.

"From what I heard, it’s not the Amazon rainforest, but the research the team had done an exceptional job even with a trip, and I also got to take a look at the behind the screen clips from the shooting. And trust me, they had done everything in the movie. 

"Liam played by a pensive and heroic Sam Worthington, Rivera played by a terrific Sigourney Weaver, our surprise heroine Hayley Rogers and the link to the mysteries of Pandora, Zoe Saldana are in a bid to save the planet, and take you on a journey that makes you long to fly with them and teaches you to honor and respect our Earth as well. 

"Even the two top bad guys were a perfect illustration of greed and a total lack of regard for other life forms. Immerse yourself in the world of Pandora!” Alex said while his voice became clearer and more intense with every word.

‘Fuck! Is it that good?!’ The man who had the radio on in his car, and was listening to the interview questioned his plans for the day.

He was a B-grade actor and was trying to climb his way on the ladders of Hollywood just like every actor out there.

Nevertheless, the interview that was playing on the radio was something he had not expected from the director Ian Renner.

He was an actor in the agency, Red Young. When Ian first got into movie-making and was making Home Alone, the requests for the man in his 20s and driving the car to take part as Buzz was high.

Not once, but twice he had gotten the request, but his agent ignored it saying, “Renner Studio was going nowhere. And this gotta be another blatant attempt to cover up their shame of years.”

But now, things have changed. 

Things have changed to the extent that Ian was an A-grade director, whereas the man in his twenties barely does a movie that has the potential to become a hit.

Parking on the set of shooting, he got out of his Land Rover Range Rover.

“Mark! The people over there are ready for the interview. But the shooting would start in twenty minutes and you are asked to be in the make-up room at five, what are you going to do?”

Mark, who looked over his shoulder at the people who had their cellphones extended in expectation of meeting the actor, nodded at the producer who walked down to talk to him.

“I’ll pay a visit to them and be inside in ten. Would that be fine?”

“Yeah, sure. Mark Hamill is here everyone!” The producer shouted while walking back to his chair. 

-

Noon, at the Renner Studio, California.

Ian Renner was walking down the aisle of the finance department to reach the main conference hall, where the meeting was supposed to happen. 

He was mentally prepared to meet the devil which also meant how he knew why Jeff came all the way along to meet Ian. 

If one is thinking to apologize to Ian Renner for trying to put him in a bad light, the narrator of this story would be more than delighted to enlighten you with the truth, NO. No, it was NOT Jeff’s intention.

“Good afternoon, Mr. Renner. Everyone is inside. This is the report of Avatar, and here’s the deal with Goofy. Also, a heads-up, Jeff was talking to his assistant about your next projects,” Murphy said whispering his final words. 

Ian nodded his expression turning to a neutral, emotionless face. 

“Good afternoon, Jeff, Lucas, and everyone else. Nice to see all,” Ian said as he walked inside the office room.

The seats were taken by different important people, and Ian felt more confident than ever knowing he held enough power to not let anyone walk all over. 

“So, as we all know, I’d just cut to the chase,” Ian said and opened his laptop in front of him. 

“The box office numbers keep going high, Ian. Good job,” Jeff interrupted him and leaned towards the table.

“The effort is all ours, but thanks. Lucas, you did your job perfectly, and the entire team was wonderful with everyone,”

“It was your idea, but cheers to all of us!” Lucas said with a smile.

Ever since everything has been going well for him and his team, he was feeling pretty satisfied. 

The Goofy company was also cutting the tight knot they had around the VFX department for some reason. 

“Yeah, how are the numbers and what more can we expect?” Jeff asked, while his assistant just nodded along.

Ian raised his eyebrows in acknowledgment and clicked a few several things on his laptop.

“So, according to estimations, it could hit two billion by the end of this month, worldwide. And locally, more than 500 million for sure. Also, with Avatar the room for movies with VFX and CGI is high-”

“That was why I’m here, Ian. Movies like Avatar are comparatively less in the industry, animated plus heavy CGI. But from Avatar, within five days, we proved that the genre is not dying, yet and could be well-developed and commercialized if done properly. 

I’m here to propose to you another deal, Ian.” Jeff said, making Ian nod, telling him to continue with his thoughts.

If anything, Jeff could dream for all he wants, Ian knew. But he allowed the old man to say what he wanted. 

A/N;

-share your thoughts :) to keep the daily updates coming!

-discord server -> https://discord.gg/DGPX5QzRqv

-follow me on ig -> @tc.liyanage

29