Chapter 143 | A proposal
1.1k 0 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N;

-double updates, cuz why not?

-

At CrustWorks Media

CrustWorks media was a studio that started creating movies in 2012.

For the past records, they had been continuously releasing movies that were created originally by them, and there were also some movies that low-grade directors created and distributed through CrustWorks.

The director, Jordan Turner was known to be a kind-hearted person and someone with a long-range vision.

"Can I meet Mr. Jordan Turner? I have already scheduled an appointment," The man, wearing a black coat over the white t-shirt muttered.

"You are?"

"Keanu. Keanu Reeves," the man answered.

"Oh, yes sir. Please, walk straight to your left and turn right. The glass door, or should I come along?" The receptionist questioned.

"I think I'll manage, thank you… Ms. Bria," Keanu said after taking a look at her badge.

With a smile which was followed by a nod, he walked towards his destination. Keanu wanted to meet the man in the director's seat for one single reason.

His manuscript.

Although he wanted to act at a point in his life, after overcoming that phase, all he cared about was the movie idea he had.

It was not a niche movie idea like everyone else's nowadays, but the idea he stumbled upon was unique and if executed well, he thought that it even had the potential to win an Academy award.

He started writing two years ago, right when he thought to become a scriptwriter, and after an exact year, he had completed the script which made him think about how long it must take for the successors in his career to achieve what they want.

Considering that he enjoyed way too much while writing, he then put all his time and effort into every script he started.

The current story idea was his seventh story. According to him, the idea, execution, and the hook-up point were something that any director wouldn't reject.

"Mr. Turner?" Keanu put his head inside the office and asked.

There was a bald black man, with an oversized coat, yet with glasses, he looked smart and someone who would not be easy to fool with words.

"Mr. Reeves! Please, come in. I was expecting it since we got an appointment. Was it easy to find your way here, since this is the first time…?" Jordan asked as he stood up welcoming Keanu.

The scriptwriters were basically Gods in front of directors. Without them, there would be no ideas or nothing to work upon.

But in Jordan's case, it was completely different.

He was someone who respected people when he knew they were human by definition. Considering how there were inhuman people among humans, who earns respect would get it from Jordan.

"Ah, it was not that long of a drive from where I was."

"Good to know. Mr. Reeves, I read your script, you sent it three days ago, and ever since then I wasn't able to sleep until I completed it," Jordan got into the matter right away.

Keanu smiled at his words. It was something that he got quite often for how much people loved his ideas and how he executed them through interesting characters.

"That is kind of you, and please feel free to call me Keanu. What do you think about the story?"

"Hmm… There's a director in our studio to exactly know what to do with your script. And you've copyrighted the script in the writers' guild, am I right?" Jordan asked.

"Yeah, I have. Don't get me wrong, but I believe that my ideas are comparatively unique, and with a taste of great directory, the movie could be one of the tops in the industry."

"I'd gladly be the one to say you are not wrong. Not even in the slightest. This thriller-horror movie gave me goosebumps and chills whenever the dialogues from the nun came up. At one point, I wanted my wife to stay with me because of how catchy it was. But there's a slight problem,"

"What is it?" Keanu asked, seeing the worry on Jordan's face.

"Yesterday, we had a board meeting regarding yours and another script. Since we not doing that well these days, the budget and the investments were sufficient just to decide upon a single movie."

Keanu knew what was going to come. Jordan's face explained everything he wanted to say.

If Keanu could, he would be out of the building in search of new opportunities, but for all that's worth, he had to sit right where he was and listen to the rejection.

"I know what you're going to say, sir. Thank you-"

"I'm sorry Mr. Reeves. We had to explain both the stories and from the sound of horror-thriller, they rejected it and went on with the idea of a romantic comedy. Uh, but the good news is, after the release of the movie we have in line, we'd have enough finance to execute your idea.

Truthfully speaking, I have no intentions of letting go of the script for how good it is. If we can talk about this after seven-eight months?"

"Sure," Keanu said and stood up from where he was. "Thank you so much, Mr. Turner, you're a nice man."

"You too, Keanu," Jordan said with an apologetic smile about what happened.

Keanu stood up, shook hands with the director, and walked out of the office room.

'No matter how the start is, if one didn't give up, success would find them. Thrive harder', Keanu thought while walking out to get himself a cab so that he could go home.

-

[At Renner Studio - The meeting with Jeff Sanson and the board]

"That was why I'm here, Ian. Live-action movies are comparatively less in the industry. From Avatar, within five days, we proved that the genre is not dying, yet could be well-developed and commercialized if done properly.

I'm here to propose to you another deal, Ian."

"What is it?" Ian asked as he walked to sit in the front seat which was reserved for him.

"Hmm… I have thought about this a lot. And just like the previous deal, this could be used as a mutually beneficial one. You can make the policies, I wouldn't mind unless something I'd have to."

"And?" Ian questioned further.

He was on his own battle with regard to what was Jeff onto. The man in front of him had a slight smile which was followed by his idea.

"We'd more than love to have you direct another movie in collaboration with Goofy. The idea and the theme of the movie would be yours, and we are ready to supply you with anything, including actors."

The words were somewhat unexpected and had strolled out of Jeff's mouth.

With that, Ian nodded while taking a few seconds to process the information he had just said.

Another collaboration. Another collaboration. Another collaboration.

He kept thinking a bit more about it.

"Okay. I already have a few ideas about some movies. I think we can agree upon one. I'd be writing the script, and we can stream it in your OTT,"

"What is it going to be?" Jeff asked right away.

"I'll let you know about it. But listen to the rest of my side first. Who knows you might even reject the proposal yourself." Ian said with a smirk, making Jeff raise his eyebrows in challenge.

"Go ahead."

"Well, I'd only be giving the script to you. I'd be holding on to the streaming rights. But yes, it will be streamed on Goofy's OTT platform," Ian said.

"Uh, Ian," Jeff said Ian's name, wanting to grab attention.\

"Yeah?"

"I insist on you directing the movie," Jeff said and Ian understood what he was talking about.

"What I have in mind is an art project for now. I'll come back to commercial movies after I'm done with the idea I have in mind." Ian said firmly.

The office room went silent with that statement.

In one corner of it, Jeff wants Ian to work on his next project with Goofy, and in the other corner, Ian has his own battles and challenges prepared to attend.

"Mhm, no," Jeff said straight away.

"That was not something available for discussion, Jeff," Ian said while leaning back in his chair.

Jeff disliked his idea.

"Well, Ian. This is another opportunity for both of us. I don't think this should go this way."

"Hmm… I get your point. I'm not someone to kick a project with such a high monetary outcome. But yes, let's do it like this. We can use Goofy's prime assets, the VFX team, animators, and the voice actors to voice the project. I'll provide the script, and the deal concludes with the same statement I mentioned before," Ian stated while Jeff nodded.

"Deal. Goofy would have a 20% investment in the project, and the rest would be Renner Studio. And I'm looking forward to it."

Jeff said while Ian nodded agreeing with him.

"Sounds perfect to me. Give me time to get my ideas straight, and until then, we can simply enjoy the success of Avatar," Ian said with a smile.

[Read up to 20 (all!!!) chapters in -Patreon.com/TC_L!]

25