Chapter 154 | Justice…?!
1.1k 2 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, it was getting even more chaotic and messy.

The premiere left a huge spot in the eyes of the reporters and media. 75% of the talks were about the movie,  but the raging 25% were about Ian. 

There were so many comments digging and discussing Ian’s bad past, commenting and exploring the mud about the director. 

“I’m quite not sure if all this is just the enthusiasm of the reporters or not. I mean, this genuinely doesn’t look like it. See these comments, and how hashtag woma-”

“Good morning, everyone!” Ian walked as Mason, Niko and Harley cleared their throats.

“Ian, how are you?” Mason asked from where he was.

“Never been better, I’m starting to think that the movie Resident Evil gave me more thrill to finish Marriage Story, and focus on the next one,” he said as he took a seat beside Harley. 

“We were just discussing other things, Ian. Like, you know how the media is after you.”

Harley said a bit unsure about how the situation should be addressed. 

“Hmm, I know what the media is currently on about,” Ian said while looking at everyone. “If I had learned anything for the past couple of years, it’d be that the choice of reacting or not is up to me, completely. And what I can do  right now is, leave all the hard stuff of the trial to the professionals, and focus on the movies.”

“Ian,” Niko looked at Ian. “Movie-making is kind of about the media too. How the public views you, and currently I already have a feeling that this is just the start. I’m worried,” he said truthfully.

“Let’s not worry too much, I mean, not like I was truly being dependent on the media.”

“When was the lawyer supposed to be here?” Mason asked, changing the direction of the conversation.

“In thirty minutes. Till then, we can continue to talk more about Home Alone 2.” 

Harley took the lead. 

“It’s nice how you are involved in business, Harley. Good to have a person who knows the market,” Ian said.

“I feel the same about working with you all. Anyway, the shooting is supposed to end within this week, right? And, how long would it take for your to end the script?” 

“I think maybe a week, I’ll try my best to complete it.” Ian said, but in his mind, he thought, ‘with how the sleep is betraying me, I’d rather complete Home Alone 2’

“Take your time, Home Alone one was our first step and we’ve come a long way since back then. So, I want to show how much we’ve evolved,” Mason said and took a sip from his coffee.

“Can I get a coffee too? We can talk about the rest of the plans for the next week,” Ian said and Mason nodded.

Mason requested a cup of coffee and then they continued to discuss until the lawyer walked inside to talk about the upcoming trial.

[...] “Nice seeing you here, lawyer Jass,” Mason greeted the lawyer.

Niko and Harley excused themselves and walked out of the office, while Ian, Mason, and the lawyer stayed inside. 

“How have you been holding up, Ian?” She asked.

“I’ve been good. Thanks to you, and how you talked in the preliminary.”

Jass sighed with a nod. 

“That was just a start, and I want to talk to you guys about something, this is essential and I think we really should take this step so that it could clear out many things that are in the line.”

“What is it?” Ian asked.

“Well, we need to request an appeal as soon as possible asking for a DNA test from Sarah.”

“Yes! That’s what even we are looking forward to!” Mason said and thumped on the desk in excitement. 

“Mr. Renner, is everything okay with you?” 

“Yeah, that way things would be quick. Let’s do what we must. And, thank you for reaching out for this.”

“This is all part of my job, Mr. Renner. Let’s see, I’ll apply the appeal today itself, the necessary procedures should be taken within 72 hours,” she said and looked at the two nodding men. 

“This case is not just about the justice, lawyer. This is about Ian’s reputation, as well as his career. The media and the reporters are all over after him, and wouldn’t leave him until the case is closed and clean. Even after that, I bet this would just keep haunting his career,”

“Let’s see about that, uncle. What more can we do?” Ian asked looking at the lawyer. 

-

The day it reached Sarah, she was dead scared. 

There was one person who knew about the entire thing Sarah pulled off, and that was her best friend, Natalie.

“Now what are you going to do?” Natalie asked. 

“What do you mean, what I’m going to do? I need to not do anything, Nat!” Sarah said as she read over the mail she got from her lawyer.

“Well well well, let’s not panic, you know. Uh, how about-”

“I pretty well damn know that look of yours, and no it’s a bad idea,” Sarah said as she looked at her friend. 

She shook her head at the thought as she knew what her suggestion was going to be. It was going to be something that could build or break her bridge. 

“We don’t have much choice, Sarah. The law firm is large and they can help with this. Your lawyer…. I know she’s good and all, but this law firm is known to be one of the best in the entire US. Also, somehow related to Hollywood in so many ways, and think… think like this,”

Natalie grabbed Sarah’s shoulders and made her look into her eyes. 

“Look, Sarah. I know this is going to sound absurd, coming from me, who knows nothing basically no sh-”

“Hey,” Sarah showed the kid and stopped her from cursing.

Natalie sighed. “I don’t know anything about Hollywood OR powerful people for that matter! But the Founding Group was known to be very, very powerful. They have represented Goofy in so many lawsuits in the past. They have a solid reputation. AND what I want you to focus on is, if… IF they are willing to help you, there’d be no danger in grabbing the hand that’s already extended. All you gotta do is attend the meeting,” Natalie said with heavy breaths as she was sweating just from how serious the topic was.

“If… If this goes wrong, lives including mine and the baby are in danger. I wouldn’t be able to raise her, Nat. I’m s-”

“Don’t you dare complete it. You weren’t scared to go forward and file a complaint against Ian Renner. Trust me on this, I have got a pretty good hunch on this,” Natalie said and looked at her with more concerned eyes.

-

At Founding Group, Law Firm, California, US.

The reasons for Sarah to meet the big law firm kept on piling up. 

Sarah had to reveal the request of the Founding group and what her lawyer said about it caught her off-guard.

“...Sarah, a part of why we both are here today is also because of this. I think you should go for this option, and I’m not doubting my skills, I just think this is better for you and the baby.”

Nevertheless, Sarah was in front of two men, who were dressed in black and white suits. 

“So, what you’re saying is, everything would be done free of charge?”

“A pro bono, yes,” the dark, less scary man among the two of them replied.

Sarah had to put her brave face to the front and question as they were preparing to question her—she felt it.

“Why are you doing this? What would you get out of this?” 

“That’s pretty explainable,” Grit replied—the other man. “The Founding Group was put up to help people in need, and bring them justice. So, we are here to help you, Sarah. We know what you need-”

“What? What do I need?”

“Justice. For you and the baby.”

Sarah nodded unsurely. 

The Founding Group was known to be on the top of the country, as they got involved a lot in Hollywood cases, but always won due to how skillful the lawyers are. 

“Hmm, okay. So, what do you have to ask from me?” Sarah asked straightforwardly. 

“Okay, miss Sarah, is Lilian, Ian Renner’s baby? I want you to be frank with us, and trust me, we are here to help you, to get you through this.”

Sarah looked at the men who had eyes upon her. It was intense, and she felt as if the truth needed to be told, in fact, it just felt right for her. 

“I don’t know, I’m not sure. And, I don’t wanna know,” Sarah muttered. 

She was cheating on her boyfriend with Ian, so she knew there could even be a possibility of the mini-human being Ian’s daughter. 

“We understand-”

“You do?” Sarah asked back instantly. 

Both the men nodded at the lady, “We do,” Grit said.

“And we can do one thing for you,”

“That is?”

“We’ll interfere with the process and delay the whole thing. We might be able to figure out a way or two to fund you and your child support from Ian.”

Sarah nodded at them and continued to talk more in detail. 

25