Chapter 309 | Locations… Set!
246 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

read ahead:  www.patreon.com/TC_L

-

“I was talking to Steven the entire morning. It went well,” Ian said and looked at the few directors that were around him.

“You are publishing the book?” Raelynn asked, representing the question of everyone who sat with her.

Niko, Martin, Joseph and John sat at the round-wooden table. Their morning meeting was delayed as Ian was called to a meeting with Steven right after. And as Ian knew how important it must be for Steven to request his presence, he made the choice.

Which was why, he was now explaining why he wasn’t there.

“Yes, I’ll be. Very soon, that too. We’ve to work on a few more things, but that’s it. What do we have to discuss in the morning?”

“The locations are set, Ian. Uh-’’

“All the locations?”

“Yes, I’ll read back to you from the places we heard. For some locations, we had to bargain, but many locations went through easily as we put your name to the front.”

“Read back to me…” Ian looked at Raelynn and gave her an impressive look. “I honestly didn’t think that this would be done this quickly. So, it’s a given that you’re good at your job.”

Raelynn shrugged and started reading the locations.

“First we had The Corleone Family Compound, The residence of the Corleone family, where we would film it at the Staten Island home located at 110 Longfellow Avenue, Todt Hill, Staten Island. They agreed with our timeline.  Oh, and we have got Little Italy, where several scenes set in the Little Italy neighbourhood of New York City will be shot on location. Mulberry Street and its surrounding areas will be used to depict the bustling Italian-American community. Just as you mentioned, Ian.

“We had the Ellis Island next, uh… The historic Ellis Island, located in Upper New York Bay, will be featured in a scene where Vito Corleone arrives in the United States as a young boy.”

The room was silenced by how Rae was describing each and every detail. And as The Godfather was about to be something of a great, that hadn’t existed before, Ian got a little too excited and focused on going above and beyond to pick the iconic locations to shoot.

“And we received permission from the towns of Savoca and Forza d'Agrò to be used for the scenes set in Corleone, Sicily. Then, we got to Long Beach, California. That would be for the wedding scene of Connie and Carlo. We’re still intact to request permission from St. Dominic Catholic Church.

And last but not least, we have some landmarks from New York City, such as the Grand Central Terminal, Central Park, and the New York County Courthouse, which will be used as shooting locations for specific scenes.”

Ian clapped as he was content.

“Alright, what more?”

He asked as the meeting continued to flow.

-

[Nwitter - online]

@survivzOnline

< Ian Renner meeting up with the Actus Books once again! >

Hi everyone! I’m #survivzOnline as everyone knows! I was going to buy the groceries in the morning when I saw none other than Ian, walking inside Actus Books. I screamed at the top of my lungs because I wanted a picture of him. But #sorude he walked without looking back. Anyways, here are pictures of him. Enjoy 🙂

[Pictures of him walking inside]

@Bsmom

Are you saying that Ian is not actually a nice person? #sorude

@Gigglepants

I mean, I saw this one video where Ian kept walking, ignoring an infant… Sounds funny right? I don’t understand what’s the big deal with people. He’s also human. He needs to have freedom in his life. #notsorude

@survivzOnline

Oh no! You missed my point! The actual point was that Ian will publish a book… Soon or maybe next year. Haha. I don’t care if he ignored me and walked inside. What else could I expect anyway? Haha

@HeavenlyForbidden

Is Ian Renner okay? He works a lot for a newbie director in the industry. Several hit movies already? Did he have help from his father’s side of the business? Uh… Actus Books has always been my dream publisher. I’m a writer too! Click the link in my bio to read more of my works!

While the internet kept discussing one thing or another related to Ian, he on the other end was working to meet the deadlines of his own project.

But two other people were accountants for every sort of media talk.

-

[Renner Studio]

Maxin and Tristan sat next to each other while they both analysed how the Nwitter arguments were escalating.

They both had their own points of view in the discussions, and they were closely looking at the profiles and the comments, and the pictures that people kept sharing.

“Tristan, I don’t think that they would back off from the rude incident. Weirdly enough, it’s trending all over Nwitter. And for all we know, this could affect his image in the next couple of months,” Maxin said after he kept his tablet angrily.

Tristan nodded. He understood the situation. These sorts of character trash-talking ruined the lives of different celebrities. But the majority of the careers hit a downfall when they were faced with sexual assault. Which was not the cause in Ian’s case.

“We can delete comments and write comments that are against the arguments. Some are basically illegal, so we have all the rights to do so,” Maxin said after contemplating what to do.

Tristan nodded again.

Ian’s reputation has been going on and off in the industry. Since the first scandalous situation, the PR team tried their best to keep things calm and neutral. Yet, little situations such as these were times when they needed to pick up their pace.

And that was for many reasons.

Ian got into the industry two years ago, yet he had more than a couple of blockbuster movies. He was rich, yet to be fully stable, and they were more of the reasons to keep his reputation intact considering his future in the industry. Because rival companies were still waiting for his downfall.

“Let’s not take this to Ian.”

“Yeah, Maxin. You’re right. I might have another plan, has Ian ever talked about his upcoming project? The Godfather?”

“No, I don’t think so,” Tristan said and looked at his charts. He had been keeping everything written there.

“It’s time then.”

Tristan gave a knowing smile.

7