Chapter 316 | Go Ahead
270 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Reminder, 300 ps = bonus chapter!

Also The Godfather shooting ending: www.patreon.com/TC_L

-

Everything has been prepared to begin the shooting of The Godfather. From the cameras to the set, Ian’s team made sure not to leave a single detail out.

Among many goals while producing a movie, they had a major goal; which was to capture elements of the vintage style.

From the characters, their clothes, and make-up, to the lights and everything else that required the slightest amount of details, they had to make sure that they were filled.

Ian had other plans with the actors and the actresses. For the two weeks that passed, he made sure they grasped the script. He made them join him for around five hours daily, just to read the script and understand their characters.

Actors like Tony; who played Bonasera, Liam, who played Vito, Michael, who played Michael, Angelina Jolie and Leonardo, all joined Ian.

At times during those sessions, they would all gather and discuss the story. Not just discuss, they’d read the script over and over to understand the story better.

At times, there would be actors who’d enter the room in their character and continue it throughout the sessions. Thus, the method of acting took him very far.

With time, the sessions ended and they were prepared to begin shooting.

This was why, now on set, there were different actors in different places, and the crew was setting up everything that was needed.

Raelynn, the cinematographer, discussed how using an ARRI Alexa or Red Monstro could be a better choice. But the discussion ended with them going with the former choice as the editing could be done in post-production.

“Well, get the actor to be ready in three minutes, not five or four. But three,” Joseph said and looked around.

Ian’s back was faced towards his co-director. He frowned to himself as he listened to how Joseph specified the three minutes.

‘Well, whatever. Things are about to begin anyway,’ he shrugged it off.

-

Within the next few minutes, the shooting began.

The first scene was of Bonasera who talked to the screen. As everyone else got ready, Ian’s main attention was on Tony; an award-winning actor, who successfully managed to win three awards consecutively.

Tony was also known by the name, ‘big man’ as he was found doing street fighting during unusual hours and in illegal rings. Thus, some people feared to cross him while others applauded his talents and skills that were inexplicably at God's level.

Thus, the choice of Bonasera being played by Tony was of no question. It was his. He ‘was’ it.

-

“I  believe in America."

Tony said by looking at the camera lens.

“Cut! No, I want it to be… uh, more authentic. Like…” Ian paused and neutralised his face. “I believe in American,” he repeated what Tony said, but with his eyes and facial expressions dead serious.

Tony’s eyebrows raised.

“Oh, I got this.”

“Alright… Camera!”

“Set!”

“Sounds!”

“Rolling!”

“...And Action!” Ian said and the clapperboard walked in front of the camera.

Tony’s eyes hardened, as he directly looked into the screen. “I believe in America. America has made my fortune.”

“Cut! That was a good shot!” Ian yelled.

Everyone around the set relaxed.

But after, Ian and Joseph both agreed the shot could get so much better.

“.. No, I think if we dim the lighting more, to enhance the facial features, we would have something more,” Joseph said while looking at the scene.

“I think so too.”

“Alright, let’s start to roll again…”

-

“America has made my fortune.”

“Camera moves to the back… Slowly, three, two, one… Stop! Cut! Let’s take it again!” Ian commanded once more.

As the scene started shooting again, this time Tony took it way more seriously and dwelled into his character.

“Action!”

His eyes and his expressions showed nothing but the character of Bonesera.

“I raised my daughter in the American fashion; I gave her freedom, but taught her never to dishonour her family.  She found a boyfriend, not an Italian.  She went to the movies with him and stayed out late. Two months ago he took her for a drive, with another boyfriend. They made her drink whiskey and then they tried to take advantage of her.  She resisted; she kept her honour.  So they beat her like an animal.  When I went to the hospital her nose was broken, her jaw was shattered and held together by wire, and she could not even weep because of the pain.”

As his dialogues continued to smoothly flow, Ian was content with where it was going.

“Cut!” Ian commanded once again.

-

The scene went on again and again. Although Tony continuously kept messing up the lines, he was getting somewhere. Somewhere very close to the iconic moment that was already on Ian’s mind.

But Ian also knew if he was about to match what was on his mind, that could take a long time.

“Let’s take it from there…..” Ian said while Tony nodded.

“...Action!” Joseph’s final command made Tony start his acting.

He started off with his previous sentence. But he continued. By the end of his previous dialogue, he could barely speak; he started weeping.

“I went to the Police like a good American.  These two boys were arrested and brought to trial.  The judge sentenced them to three years in prison and suspended the sentence.  Suspended sentence! They went free that very day. I stood in the courtroom like a fool, and those bastards, they smiled at me.  Then I said to my wife, "For Justice, we must go to The Godfather”-

“Cut! Cut! Cut!” Ian shouted across the set. “No, I did not see the fire in your eyes… It’s not it, Tony.”

Joseph understood what this meant.

“Let’s all take a break. Let’s come back in a few minutes. Tony, work on your last dialogue. It should… More. You know, you got this,” Joseph said and nodded.

He walked towards Ian.

“Ian, why don’t we discuss the next scene? I have some ideas to run through you," he asked.

Ian nodded and opened the bottle of water in his hand. He took a sip. “Go ahead.”

-

a/n;

special thanks to all my patrons last month! They gave me the motivation to be consistent with the updates!

also i'd like to extend my thanks for the readers who vote daily, comment daily and engage with HK! 

how would you like one-shots between Ian and actresses (of your choice)?

discord server: https://discord.gg/DGPX5QzRqv

7