Chapter 72: The whole guild is watching, Leander!
122 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now that Leander was before the guild master in the sparring ring, he felt a bit of fear. But his old words came back to him. There was no way out, but to defeat Alklair. An SS ranked adventurer with a thousand years of experience and a mage. A mage against a healer.

Leander slapped his cheeks.

"Are you going to sing again, Leander?" Alklair teased, and he pulled his short sword from his belt. "Something mournful, to showcase how badly you are about to lose?"

"You can't lose, lemon cake," Jean shouted and Leander nodded.

"Yes, Leander! If you lose, I will never ask you out on a date," Armaros gave his input and Leander blinked.

"Wait, what?" Leander stammered and the Try Hard Party turned to stare at Armaros.

"What, it is true. I want a strong mate; I'll have you know. I won't be having any children with someone who got their ass handed to them by a mage that is almost out of mana," Armaros said matter-of-factly, and Morris groaned.

"Leander, I'll still ask you out. But to something cheap like pasta. Since we are all unemployed," Dorian shouted, and he gave Leander a dazzling smile.

"You hear that, healer? Your love life is on the line! You better dodge until he is all out of mana and then crush him with your bulk, or something," Florifel yelled and a couple of people snickered.

Leander didn't feel insulted. He was speechless. Dates? Him? He was going on a date. Not only that, but he was not going to die alone. And people who he admired, admired him back. His way of retreat become nonexistent.

Leander's face became emotionless, and he poured mana into his limbs.

"Leander, you should have known better than trying something like mana augmentation. Boy, your life is not worth risking over the slight power boost," Alklair chastised, but Leander was already rushing at him. Just as he was about to crash into the former guild master, Leander sidestepped and pulled out his bow. He aimed and let loose a mamba strike. All that without speaking. He heard gasps at that fact, but didn't pay them any mind. He had no time to blush or to be shy. Furthermore, he had to win.

"Good job, Leander," the former guild master was behind a barrier and smiling. But the mamba had done damage to it. Leander aimed again, not at the crack. That was too obvious.

He aimed at the guild master's feet. He let loose a fireball barrage, again, without saying a word, and he watched as the wooden floor of the sparring ring caught on fire. Alklair jumped to the side, but the fire was spreading his way.

"Leander, I should have ranked you up a bit more. Again, good job," Alklair commented as he turned the fire into light and extinguished it. But he should have been looking at Leander.

Because, the blonde healer had charged to him and had slammed the barrier with his mana augmented fist. There was a sickening crunch heard, and it sounded like bones.

"Leander, don't cripple yourself! You did enough," Leander heard Morris shout. The blonde ignored him and used a quick heal on himself. Five punches. That was how much he had in him.  Leander thought in the second, as he rose his fist for the second punch, that he was going to invest in a mace.

He poured more mana into his fist than the first time, and his bones become brittle long before his fist connected with the barrier. It hurt. Oh, so freaking much. The sound of broken bones was clearer this time. But Leander raised his hand for the next strike. Not bothering to think about his actions.

"You are as incompetent as the rest, it seems," Alklair noted as Leander broke his hand against the barrier for the third time.

"Don't call him that! He actually goes out to risk his life in the field! When was the last time you did that?" Antonia yelled; voice full of indignation.

"Yeah, just because you worked five hundred years ago, doesn't mean that you can lord over us forever," Aros shouted, and he was chorused by countless exclamations that followed the same lines.

"Do you hear them, Leander? They admire you," Alklair spoke softly, a gentle smile playing on his lips. Leander raised his fist for the fifth, final attempt. The barrier was running out of mana anyway, so, just as Leander brought his fist down, Alklair let him do what he knew he wouldn't have, normally. Alklair let his control of his barrier go. His mana evaporating into thin air. And he took the mana strengthened fist straight to the stomach.

The former guild master fell down, more than one rib broken. Leander fell down next to him, clutching his broken hand.

"You might want to get up, Leander," Alklair whizzed pass the blood in his mouth. "Or it will be a draw and the mana of the guild house won't recognize you as the next guild master."

"One," the guild members shouted as Leander propped himself on his elbow. He had no time for a quick heal.

"Two," Leander was in a kneeling position now, his weight pulling him down. He vowed to defeat it and go on as many dates as his budget would allow.

"Three!" Leander was standing, the mana of the guild house filling him up. The face of Alklair, which had dominated the guild's name plaque, disappeared and Leander's chubby cheeked face replaced it. He would so need to feed the plaque some mana after he lost weight. So that the image would update. 

Leander looked down at the guild master and used a quick heal on him, fixing his ribs. Then, Leander fixed his hand with his A rank spell. It still hurt, but it was like a phantom pain.

Arms enveloped Leander and he blinked. Morris, Jean, Dorian and Armaros were hugging him and chanting:

"We are dating the guild master!"

Leander blushed and returned the hug. This was nice, but he felt like sinking into the earth from embarrassment. Especially since Nestor began to chant:

"Guild master: Lemon Cake!"

And the others took up the chant.

6