Chapter 9: Who are you?
34 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Location: Northeast of Seattle, Washington, United States of America

Units: Military Intelligence Six (MI6) British Government, United States Marine Corps (USMC) The United States.

Date: May 3rd, 2021 CE

An old man simply known as Agent stood over a computer with a Marine Brigadier General, named Carl Hale, behind him. This Brigadier was one of the youngest Generals to serve. He was quite an adventurous man, liked by many. Having earned a Medal of Honor during his time as a Major in Afghanistan he gained many contacts including a friendship with the previous President.

"How did you first meet Mclaw?" The Brigadier asked still watching the computer.

Agent looked back at him, "Well we first met during Operation Iraqi Freedom when he was tasked with putting an end to Mr Saddam," he started to explain in-depth, "at the time I was a field agent and in deep cover under Hussein's rain, I was basically a spotter for important Iraqi target while Mclaw was the metaphorical sniper."

The Brigadier stroked his chin, "Interesting, I heard Saddam Hussein was taken down by TF-121."

Agent nodded, "Yeah, Mclaw was part of 121; pretty sure he lead three of the raids," Agent added.

"I'd love to read about him, but most of the info is classified right?" Hale asked.

Agent was still trying to locate Mclaw's file, "Sort of," he paused, "I probably shouldn't tell you this, but many operations that he conducted aren't even written in his file or on any database, then there's also black ink on many recent o-" he suddenly cut off, "Found it!"

As Agent put his security code in and several files almost looked like they were duplicating.

"What the hell..." Agent trailed off, "why is operation Corporate here..."

"You've never seen this file before?" The Brigadier's head flipped to stare at Agent, "Wait wasn't Corporate the Falklands War?"

Agent started to flick through the screen, "What the hell, all the files I never had access to are now... are now accessible?"

"Operation Flavius, Operation Granby, Desert Sabre," he paused, "These all happened pre-2000."

"Move a second," Hale asked, "Look for his date of birth."

Brigadier-General Hale looked to the top of his file.

Date of Birth: Unknown

Both of them sat there stunned. What did it mean? Unknown. Even ghosts have dates of birth, so why doesn't he?

Hale started to scroll down further, "What the hell."

Agent gasped, "First encounter, 1978," he read aloud, "Mclaw was dressed in a set of tattered steel armour, he had several holes in his limbs and his injuries were..."

Damaged lungs

Left Broken Shoulder

Right Broken Leg

Damage to the back of the throat

Several slashes on the left side of his body

Several gunshot wounds

The injuries kept ongoing. There was no end to them, which left the Brigadier and Agent wondering, how did he survive?

They decided to venture on looking carefully at the file, Agent spotted something interesting, "Powers," he repeated what he saw in a soft voice.

When he went to look at it he noticed something, it was... empty?

Hale scratched his chin, "Why have a section with nothing in it?" he paused, "It seems like bait."

Agent looked back, "Bait to catch what though?"

"You," A third voice came out of the darkness, "Well anyone who tries to stick their noses into Jonathon's past."

The Marine Brigadier General drew his pistol to look at where the corner of the room was. Out of the darkness stepped an old man. In his hands were a cane and a suppressed Browning Hi-Power pistol. He wore a dark green beret with a small symbol on it in front of a set of text. By Strength and Guile. 

"Good evening chaps, please step away from the computer," he said in a Northern English accent.

Neither of them moved, the marine officer tightened his grip.

The old SBS soldier sighed, "Fine then, the hard way."

BWIT!

A single shot came out the end of the barrel of the old Hi-Power Pistol. Silencing the Brigadiers M9 beretta for good. The barrel exploded in the Brigadier's hands as he dropped the rest of the components.

"Now, do as I say," the old man repeated taking a step closer.

Agent's eyes widened, "No it can't be," he paused, "General Kyton?"

The old man ahead of the agent was 4-star General Raidan Kyton, who was also the Chief of Defence Staff for the UK. He was also the same man present at the British Museum and a close friend of Jonathon Mclaw.

"Now step away from the computer and take me to Captain Mclaw," he demanded.

They both looked at each other and frowned.

"DO IT!" he shouted putting a single bullet in between the Agent's feet.

They walked through the abandoned hallway to Mclaw's room and no one spoke. The 4-star General stood in front of Jonathon's door looking at it, "Get in the observation room next door," he told his two captives, I'll explain Jonathon's past to you later." He nodded to the room next door and they complied.

Before entering Mclaw's room he pulled a small device from his pocket, placing it below the door handle, it started to buzz quietly and the door clicked.

Agent called out having seen this before, "Wait! What are you doing?"

Kyton didn't react, just stepping back. This was a special device meant to use magnetic forces to force a door to lock itself by pulling a piece out of place allowing the handle to be turned but the latch will still not move. Being made of magnetic materials it was perfect to conduct the condensed flow on electromagnetic waves.

Agent fiddled with the handle not being able to open the door. Wondering what happened, he stared through the small window in the steel door.

Kyton entered Jonathon's room and there he was, sitting on the bed provided for him. But someone was off, Mclaw was gripping his face coated in shock.

"Mclaw, you good?" the old soldier asked.

Mclaw shook his head, coming back to reality, "By the Au--" Mclaw stopped himself clearing his throat, "didn't expect to see you for at least another year, sir."

Kyton cackled a bit, "Well when one of my friends is in trouble, I should help right?" he responded, "Mind if I sit down?"

Mclaw nodded, "Go ahead," he replied, "We need to talk."

"I know," Kyton responded, "Go on then."

Mclaw nodded looking to the ground, "Just a few minutes ago, I saw things," he paused, "Memories, memories I've never seen before."

"Memories of what?" Kyton asked.

Mclaw stammered, "I-I saw memories of the NZA fleet, military personnel, everything. But when I looked in a mirror, the body I saw wasn't mine but Lian Walters."

Kyton smiled, "Interesting, now who's side are you on?" he stood up and handed Mclaw his Hi-Power pistol, "Take it."

Mclaw picked the sidearm up and aimed it at his friend. His hand shook, and sweat started to drip down his forehead.

BWIT! BWIT! BWIT!

Mclaw emptied the magazine a few inches above Kyton's left shoulder, behind the glass he could see the two men standing there in horror.

Mclaw finally spoke after the tense silence, "That prove anything to you?"

"It did actually," Kyton retorted, "It proved you can be trusted," he turned away for a second and exited the room."

Soon he came back in with Agent and Hale in tow, before he spoke, "Mclaw they wanted to know your past and unique abilities."

Mclaw raised an eyebrow, "They read my file then?"

Kyton nodded, "Caught them in the act."

Mclaw bit his lip, "So I suppose I should start at the beginning... this world is not my own."

0