Chapter 11: Where Am I?
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Location: [Unknown]

Units: 1st Division, Royal Servorum Army

Date: [Unknown]

'So... this is my life now,' Mclaw thought to himself, 'it's actually quite peaceful.'

Mclaw's soul floated there effortlessly. All he was now was a ball of darkness, no one could disturb him, and he didn't have to worry; he no longer had to fight. 

It was strange, Jonathon almost felt like he was alive, like he was being prodded and torn apart but all he could see was darkness.

Time passed, from Mclaws count it was roughly a day, maybe two, suddenly, something started to happen, the veil of black started to turn blue, then form other colours. Suddenly a whole scenery was revealed.

Mclaw lay on a cold stone floor, 'Where am I?' he thought to himself. He brought his hands in front of his face. 

'My hands...' Mclaw paused staring at them, he could feel again. But something was off, his head felt strange. As he started to pat himself down, he stared at the red liquid on his hands. It was his blood.

He looked to his gear, most of the weapons he carried now had been replaced several years ago because of certain events in the Kingdom, like rebellions and invasions. As he looked left and right he saw someone. Instantly drawing his blade he went to slice them. Stopping an inch away he realised it wasn't a person but just his reflection.

"By the Aufer..." Mclaw said, he was shocked at how clean the glass was, the purity was incredible, "Is this a government building?"

He touched the glass seeing a perfect reflection, but it wasn't the him he had seen yesterday... it was the him from nearly thirty years ago.

Mclaw stood there in shock, "Mars' Palace..."

Memories came flooding back, memories of anger and hatred towards himself and those rebels. Mars' Palace was a key battle in the Kilroy Rebellions which ended in the result of several hundred civilian deaths and Mclaw being made to stay out of combat for nearly a year. In the end, someone with healing magic was called to help him get better and he still had scars all across his body. On that day, he lost so much and had to massacre so many. He didn't want to, but he had no other choice...

"Excuse me!" A regal voice spoke, "May I ask your purpose here?"

Mclaw turned to face a brown-haired woman, she was light-skinned and dressed in a nightgown. Mclaw sat there in surprise but before he could reply someone else spoke.

"Ma'am get back, he's armed," A man in a red jacket and big black fur hat stepped forward with a slick black rifle raised, "Drop the sword or I will open fire."

Mclaw stared at the sword in his hand before smiling back, "This sword?" Instantly he threw it at the rifle causing it to shatter.

The guard recoiled in shock grabbing the bayonet and charging Mclaw.

Mclaw shared a disappointed look before knocking the soldier out with one strike to the head.

He shook his head before looking at the women ahead of him, "Good grief, I'm guessing he's one of your soldiers?" Mclaw got no response, only stunned silence as the women watched her fallen guard, Mclaw continued, "So I didn't mean to cause this trouble, could you tell me where I am?"

The woman shook herself back to reality, "You're in Buckingham Palace, London. Didn't you know?"

Mclaw's jaw dropped, he'd just stumbled into a palace by accident or was it he appeared in a palace? That he did not know.

The women spoke again, "You're quite battered, you should come inside as long as you have no bad intentions also I'm going to have to call more guards."

Mclaw looked left and right, all around him were steel bars and gardens. He couldn't get out of this without being shot on sight, "Fine, I surrender as long as you can guarantee your soldiers won't hurt me." He raised his hands, it was an odd thing to do for him, but he thought he had no choice.

Four more of the red-shirted men ran forward weapons raised, immediately they encircled the brown-haired women, and one of them shouted, "On your knees! Hands behind your head!"

He fired one shot near Mclaw's foot before repeating that phrase.

The brown-haired woman spoke, "Don't hurt him, he doesn't seem like a bad person."

The lead guard spoke somewhat surprised but he couldn't refuse orders, "Understood, your majesty."

Mclaw's eyes widened as he clocked what the soldier just said. He half expected it but she didn't seem to be royalty material, noble or higher class merchant maybe but royalty... Mclaw didn't think she had the strength to rule. What he didn't know was that members of the Royal Family were more like diplomats now rather than those of old.

***

Mclaw sat in a room inside the Palace, it was quite an interesting place. Next to him sat a male doctor who was assessing his injuries. On the other side of the room stood four guards, all holding those weapons. To Mclaw they were an odd shape, with plenty of pieces of rough metal sticking out they looked like nothing he'd seen before.

"What's that weapon your holding?" Mclaw asked one of the guards.

The guard stood there in silence, carefully watching the intruder.

Mclaw decided to speak again, "You know you guys can talk right? I'm not that stingy."

They were still quiet.

The doctor muttered something, "How are you not dead..."

Mclaw raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean?"

The doctor looked up, "Quieten down, it's the middle of the blimin night!"

"Blimin?" Mclaw questioned quietly.

The doctor shook his head, "Don't worry, just be quiet the Royal Family is trying to sleep," he paused looking at the wounds, "Do you heal faster than a normal person?"

"No," Mclaw frowned, "Why?"

The doctor paused, "Well, the wound I just looked at closed."

Mclaw's eyes widened, "Are you going crazy, doc?"

The doctor still didn't smile, "Funny," he paused looking again, "Your incredible, your shoulder is fixed... what the hell are you?"

A man in a black suit stepped in the door, "That's exactly what I wanted to know..."

Mclaw raised an eyebrow to look at the man, "Who are you?"

"Brigadier Klee Harvard," He paused smiling, "Director of the British Special Air Service."

"Special Air Service... huh?" Mclaw whispered to himself, to him that name sounded like one of an Elite forces division.

Immediately Mclaw stood up facing away from the man, the doctor attempted to protest but was greeted by a warning to stop by the SAS Director.

"I know you said you wanted to know about me but what do you really want?" He paused still looking at the decorated walls. He ran a hand along the stone finding a tiny scrape of dust.

The Brigadier was about to break down in laughter, "Are you trying to intimidate me Mr... uh what was your name?"

"Mclaw, King Jonathon Mclaw of Servorum," He said with a grin.

"King?" the Brigadier spoke surprised, "Many of our Kings and Queens got special names, like Richard the Lionheart, and Bloody Mary, is that a practice in your country?"

Mclaw nodded, "Yes."

Brigadier Harvard spoke again, "Go on then."

Mclaw thought for a second before speaking, "Jonathon the Reaper."

Harvard raised an eyebrow, "Reaper, huh? How did you get that name?"

Mclaw smiled, "Well, if my enemies saw me... let's just say they won't leave in one piece."

"Huh," Harvard started looking at the men dressed in red who nodded back.

At once they all raised their weapons, Mclaw was too fast. Immediately he jumped off the bed and kicked two in the face. Instantly using the face of the second soldier, he propelled himself through the air, bringing his fist down upon the third before tossing him into the fourth. All four red-coated men lay on the floor, taken out by this one man 

"Impressive," the Brigadier smiled, "Very impressive," he started to clap walking forward.

His smile suddenly turned grey as he drew a smaller pistol from his jacket, but it was different from the other sidearms he'd seen, it had a small box in front of the trigger with some sort of leather grip.

The brigadier fired off two shots at Mclaw's feet, "C'mon Reaper, did you just get lucky against those four? I've been to hell and back so don't bother trying to terrify me."

Jonathon darted at the man. Pushing his handgun up into the air, Mclaw attempted to land a strike on his chest.

The suit instantly caught it, pushing it to the side. He led back with an overhead strike with his fist. Jonathon dodged it easily and punched the man in his back. The Brigadier nearly fell forward grabbing his spine.

"Had enough yet," Mclaw spoke.

The Director smiled, "Well done, Reaper, not many people can get a strike in on me you know."

"I've spent my whole life training, what you just saw wasn't even me taking you seriously," Mclaw retorted.

The man finally broke out in laughter, "I'd like to see you go full force again sometimes then Reaper," he paused, "Anyway, I'll be on my way now and we'll let you rest till morning."

Mclaw frowned, "You're letting me sleep here? In the palace."

The Director spoke, "Just till morning, then you'll be moved to the artillery barracks until we decide exactly what to do with you. Your strength is the only reason we didn't have the unit of grenadiers gun you down then as well as the request from the Queen. You should pay thanks to her sometime. Not that you'll ever see her again of course."

Mclaw smiled, "Well, that's extremely lucky for both of us then..."

"So it would seem."

The director spun around and left the room followed by the guards and doctor. Mclaw shrugged his shoulders then shook his head, "What the hell..." he paused looking at his hands, "Where the hell am I?"

0