Chapter 1: City of Dungeons
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1

City of Dungeons!

 

The world is vast, that was a known factor taught to me by my grandfather. The way of living was immense filled with different possibilities filled with adventure or just jumping straight into the work force.

Intrigued over these forms of living, I decided and stumbled upon the ways of adventurers. The idea of leveling up further than a regular bystander and even gaining proficiency over a multitude of skills and abilities, just who in the right mind wouldn't decide upon such a trivial thing. However, with decisions like these there are a number of dangers that come with it.

Losing their lives without proper training and experience to survival. The inability to move ahead in levels and skills without the proper help from a high-level supporter or deity. Even gaining full-access to the ways into how the system functions and be able to manipulate it, one still loses themselves if not taking things into a more serious tone rather than desperate. Many had lost their lives, aiming to taking the easy way into furthering their mortal bodies not knowing the consequences that come with it. Physical agony, boiling blood withing days of deterioration upon the skin bleeding out immensely. Shattering of ones inner core which sustains the capabilities of even handling magic to higher extents.

Countless ways into how one reached their ends, and the main cause was their loss of lives in battles against monsters. Either in the wilderness or just trapped into a dungeon or labyrinth. After all monsters were strange creatures that brought chaos, but also shaped our world into what it had grown to be up to this day.

Now, I am the one taking my first step, into this vast world without any prior knowledge whatsoever. Except for the sole reason of finding love along the path, much as grandfather had read to me in so many different literatures.

K643

SaVriel Continent

Cinzel, City of Dungeons

"Kid, you have been sleeping in my carriage for several days now. Didn't you say that your destination was the City of Dungeons?"

"Huh!? Oh, yeah. Why'd you ask?"

The rapid touch of the young mans palm held me from the collar releasing me out from the carriage I had been laying on for the past few months in constant travel. This man was unknown to me, but decided to take me to my destination just to get paid heavily with the money I held for the duration of the journey. Now, I am without a cent.

"Well, get the hell out of by carriage! We had arrived just two days ago, but you just can't keep yourself out of my carriage! I have places to be at too you know!"

Anger grew in his tone as I handed the remaining amount of coins we'd agreed on as the sum of our venture. He immediately shook it all out of my palm and strode off without any notice leaving me in the place of destination. 

This place was one, told many times to me by my grandfather who raised me desperately alone without even a wife. I had no parents, but was told that they went out adventuring and died happily knowing I was safe. I don't quite understand it, but perhaps it was made up by grandfather considering he acted foolish so many times.

Outside of the bordering walls, waiting to trespass into the gates and making this place my new home to stay. I had just turned ten years ago, which in standards of the world makes me much as a regular teen. More liberty was permitted, but I didn't decide to roam the world until just some months ago when I had turned thirteen close to adulthood. Although it is common for an adventurer to start around the ages of 13 to 14 rather than the adult age of 15. Of course, several decide for a much later date.

"Wait!?"

[Entree Fee: 100 Vilis]

Rather than finally arriving to this whole place in which I had dreamed of arriving at, there was an entree fee that I had zero knowledge of and at current time no currency to even spend the night anywhere comfortable. I had not thought ahead of time, and most of my currency was back at the old cabin where I had resided in for many years!?

"Crap!"

Panic, circulating around a small puddle thinking to myself of the different things I could potentially do to enter. The most obvious and easiest would be to enter into labor, but that would be a waste of years before reaching liberty to roam and become an adventurer quick. Other possibilities would be to enter illegally and pretend to be a regular citizen with no major history around the city. Although that may leave no chances of remaining around for long considering it as illegal  trespass which would only lead to being banned from the city now and in the future unless a huge fee is paid.

Attraction from my weird sense of panic emerged as I became the center of attention to a large portion of the people who were still waiting around seeing my depraved state. I examined around, everyone in great detail as my eyes became watery waiting to tear up from the fear of doing something wrong that can lead my future for the worst. Everything is going wrong and if one of them could help, my future will be saved from the bad of the world.

"Please! Someone help me!"

I let out breaking down to the ground tearing up as my heart ached and nobody seemed to calm me from the growing unimaginable anguish. It was foolish, then again I had almost never left my home at the cabin to expect his certain outcome.

Time passed by and nothing came out from the people that were now freely entering the city as they had the required amount of the fee necessary to enter. 

Hopeless, to the point that I roamed the nearest area to the section of beggars in the corner of sight. This is where many succumb to earn a low amount of income only to be wasted in low quality food and beverages.

"You good kid?"

A masculine voice unveiled vividly near the entrance of the gates to the city. He was strange, completely out of fashion as everything he wore seemed rather bizarre and abnormal. A mask that covered his eyes and upper face while leaving his mouth clearly visible. No shirt of regular attire but wore shorts with high socks and sandals with a ton of bracelets in his wrists.

"Who are you?" I asked unaware of his existence.

"Right, you must be new around these parts. Well, I am Ryuga! The God of Luck, and deity over the Ryuga Familia! Pleasure meeting ya!"

Happy wouldn't explain his mood, neither would it be energetic as it was much more than just that alone. Similar to a hyper individual with a huge chunk of energy coursing through their veins not allowing a single break from any day. Something similar to that was the way the guy in front of me was acting, much more, he is a god and the first one I had come to lay my eyes upon in my long journey. 'Not too fun as a newbie to the world of living gods.'

Not that impressed if I'm being honest. Even then, gods were gods, and much like any other living thing they have their own set of personalities much like the lively one in front of my eyes. So I shouldn't expect them all to have serious personalities.

Ryuga, I remember grandfather mentioning that name at some point but the memory doesn't come much into mind. Perhaps asking him, will lead to a clear answer or maybe avoid bringing up the topic. Right now, I must search for a way inside the gates inside.

"Is the price of the entry really a hundred vilis?" I asked worried.

"Oh, that. Do you not have the sufficient amount for entree?"

"No..."

He glared mysteriously, inspecting closely as if he had a magical eye that traced down any signs of currency even if it were to be a small fraction. While in my case up to now, there was none to be found.

"Well! Do not worry, I declare you free trespass! I do not know how you lost money along the way, but welcome to our huge city!"

His palm pushed me inside with an enormous strength, as I collided against a buildings walls inside the gates as Ryuga stood tall and firm with a huge smile as I lost conscious from the collision.

"So that's his grandson, doesn't seem to dangerous but I should be wary. Or perhaps, the child may lead a path to salvation? I'll see what you have in store for the child, old man."

1