Chapter 47 – The Breakdown
361 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Hey lovely readers! Advanced chapters for this week are published for my dear patrons~ Remember to check it out! Thank you.

 

Chapter 47 - The Breakdown

 

 

In the point of view of ‘Six–, a red sundering sky materialized in an instant when he first opened his eyes in the memory fragment.

 

He looked around in shock and came to a conclusion that this was nothing like he had ever seen before, it was apparent this was not Earth.

 

The sky dyed red from the apparent blood mists in the whole surrounding, corpses laid everywhere, a sea of cultivators fighting with powers beyond his comprehension.

 

Each move by the cultivators he saw could cause the earth to crack, the seas to rise violently and mountains to split– he simply felt like an unimaginably tiny existence in the face of incomprehensible powers.

 

The righteous path cultivators were outnumbered by the demonic path cultivators and demons as they struggled to defend against their onslaught.

 

It was a brutal massacre, demonic path cultivators using blood as a medium to channel their Immortal Qi and fill up their energy.

 

They were constantly full of vitality and continued on with their slaughter with menacing laughter– while the righteous path cultivators were slowly losing their energy and morale.

 

The horizons for ‘Six’ were broadened extraordinarily– yet it had only served to drive him on the brink of insanity from the scene he would see in a short while after.

 

The earth quaked, the stars trembled and the sky cried blood, as if weeping for the millions of lives lost on this very place.

 

The scenery for ‘Six’ was abruptly switched to view through the eyes of Li Qu from his memories as he entered the affray majestically.

 

Li Qu had just stepped out the portal and slowly walked towards a cliff where he could view the entire battlefield that was filled with anguish and despair– no emotions whatsoever were apparent on his face.

 

He looked at the original yellowish soil on the battlefield that had been dyed a deep shade of red, displaying the intensity of the war– no one had noticed him yet as the fight was too chaotic.

 

Each and every one of them were focused on their own fights, some desperately trying to survive until reinforcements arrive while some were so deep into the enjoyable massacres they were committing that they were oblivious to their surroundings.

 

‘Six’ could see and hear Li Qu emotionlessly begin a chant in what felt like to him; an ancient language from the primordial times. However, there was a singular word he picked up somewhere in the chant that he had recognized.

 

*&^%$#..Banish..^&*()(*&

 

‘Six’ had gone through training in several languages back then to further support his role for espionage– as such, he could vaguely understand the rough concept of the word.

 

The cultivators were speaking in the ancient tongue of Hua, albeit a little different, but still comprehensible enough for him to understand.

 

Although Li Qu had looked like he chanted softly, the sound of the chant was thundering– it echoed out into the horizon as everything seemed to have come to a standstill.

 

The cultivators fighting had not noticed Li Qu initially when he arrived, but when the chant was heard by the millions present at the scene– everyone paused their fight and stared towards the direction where the terrifying voice was coming from.

 

A demonic path cultivator had realized the origin of the chant and quickly panicked, he screamed and tried to desperately fly away instantly.

 

“Heavens…! T-This is the Karmic Scripture?! WHY IS THE KARMIC BANISHER HERE! F-F*CK!!!”

 

He had realized it, but it was too late– the same could be applied to the hundreds of thousands of demonic path cultivators present, some of them directly knelt down and tried to beg Li Qu as they knew the consequences that would soon be unleashed on them.

 

“Run for your life!!!”

 

“S-Spare me! I have an eighty year old mother at home, I can’t die here!!”

 

“I have nine kids to look after! Please show mercy, Your Excellency!”

 

The blatant lies were laughable. However, the demonic path cultivators were not people that had morals.

 

Everyone panicked while the righteous path cultivators cheered on– their morale boosted as they felt relief, for they knew that the key person to turn the tides had arrived.

 

“His Excellency, the Karmic Banisher is finally here! Everyone, retreat!”

 

“Retreat! Don’t get yourself killed by those b*stards! His Excellency can handle everything!”

 

“Xiao Wang, hurry back here! His Excellency is here!!!”

 

Signals of retreat were given throughout the battlefield from the righteous sect cultivators, they knew that victory was assured.

 

All of a sudden– the chanting had stopped, silence ensued as it was completed.

 

The righteous path cultivators' eyes displayed a sense of excitement and salvation. Some of them crying and mourning their fallen friends and loved ones.

 

The demon path cultivators gave orders to retreat as well; not in victory– but in fear.

 

Woooongggg!

 

Woooongggg!

 

After the chant stopped– thousands upon thousands of portals emerged in mid-air as well as beside the demon path cultivators– an innumerable number of Karmic Chains shot out in rapid succession from the portals.

 

Klang!

 

Sounds of chains that would make their blood run cold resounded at every single corner where there were demonic path cultivators.

 

The Karmic Chains collided, stabbing into the bodies of the demonic path cultivators and binding them tightly afterwards.

 

If one looked closely– one could see that a small illusionary object that looked like an Immortal Soul forcefully dragged out from their bodies by the chains.

 

The Karmic Chains had directly ripped out their souls that were stabbed.

 

“Please, Your Excellency! F*ck! N-NOOO!!!”

 

“I-I promise to turn over a new leaf and be a monk! Plea- Keeughh!

 

Devastating screams and last minute attempts at begging for mercy were all they could afford right now in their soul forms. They could not even kowtow to show even more respect as they were bound tightly.

 

The souls that were binded were then dragged by the unfeeling Karmic Chains back into the portals– banished into an eternity of isolation.

 

Their souls, banished into the Karmic Void– their Karmic Destiny cut off– never to enter reincarnation and suffer in absolute silence and darkness.

 

Their Immortal Bodies turned blurry– like mosaic censorship, before being devoured by the blurriness and turning into particles and vanished into nothingness..

 

Li Qu had purposefully displayed the scene inside the Karmic Void to ‘Six’ after that decimation and let him discover the ‘fun’ those souls would experience for the rest of their remaining lifespan.

 

Inside the Karmic Void, ‘Six’ looked around to see absolute darkness.

 

Nothing like a soul or living being could be seen, however, he could only hear the sounds of cursing, crying and screams of unwillingness of the fresh souls that had just entered.

 

‘Six’ imagined himself staring into the absolute darkness in the middle of a sea on a cargo ship previously, the haunting feeling of the dark creeping up on him.

 

The horror and the fear of the unknown in the darkness might be slowly approaching him for all he knew.

 

That feeling was multiplied infinitely inside the Karmic Void– his mind could not handle the torment and slowly broke down; time was sped up in the memories as he had experienced thousands of years of true loneliness and what felt like an eternity of despair in a blink of an eye.

 

‘Six’ had truly broken down after that timeskip, his sanity visibly cracking as he giggled crazily, like how he did it in his actual body as well.

 

16