Chapter 55 – Xia Qiu Wakes Up
292 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 55 - Xia Qiu Wakes Up

 

 

Cal Cal searched for the source of the scent and saw the single incense stick slowly burning with its smoke spreading out, giving off a calming smell.

 

Curious as a cat like she was, she seeked Li Qu to address her bewilderment.

 

"Your Excellency, from which tree was that incense stick made from…? I feel the scent is pretty familiar!"

 

Li Qu replied nonchalantly and waved his hand, as if it was just a minor matter.

 

"That? It is just the wood shavings of the Jade Agarwood, nothing much."

 

"J-Jade Agarwood?! Dear heavens! And you said it's nothing much?! Sigh– If the alchemists back there were to hear you say something so decadent, they would be outraged… Although there was nothing they could do to you…"

 

Cal Cal knew the value of the Jade Agarwood and could not help but to sigh in incredulity– unable to fathom how easily Li Qu brushed it off like fleeting clouds.

 

Just when the elves were enjoying their tea, they detected a slight change of the Spiritual Qi in the surroundings– as if someone was breaking through, and a cheerful lady-like voice was heard soon after; carrying a tone of surprise.

 

"Young Master Li! I've broken through!!! Yay~ Now I can drink a full pot of the Gold Spirit Tea– Oh? Why are there so many peop– Elves?!"

 

The heads in the teahouse simultaneously turned to look at Xia Qiu– to which she scratched her head in embarrassment for overreacting and spoke out in interest as if the elves were rare oddities.

 

"Hehe… Sorry for startling everyone. B-But– elves!!! Oh my, that's super rare, isn't it? I'd think that elves would remain in that Amizina Danger Zone or something forever… It's my first time meeting them! It's as the rumors state, the elves' beauty are beyond words to describe."

 

"Thank you for your praise, Miss. On the other hand– instead of Amizina, I think you meant the 'Amizonya Danger Zone'. And yes– we're all from there and have just recently come out to explore the vast Earth."

 

Melian Aelfis thanked and corrected Xia Qiu with a polite smile in the Mei language; it seemed that they had learned Mei Country's standard way of communication in the meantime.

 

"A-Ah, hehe… Amizonya, I apologize– but it's astounding, the way you spoke in the Mei language made it seem like you've been out here for awhile!"

 

Xia Qiu commented on the fluency of her speech while Melian Aelfis simply smiled kindly and chose to keep quiet and let the bigshots talk instead.

 

Li Qu interjected the conversation and told her a surprising fact.

 

"Elvis, the green-haired boy is a Half-Elf. You have met their kind before– He is from their tribe."

 

"Oh!!! That shy kid– I remember, he was with that odd b*stard that interrupted our meal previously!"

 

Xia Qiu quickly recalled the appearance of the gentle-looking Elvis as his looks were outstanding as compared to the nephew-uncle duo; Cal Cal was enthusiastic and took the lead to introduce everyone.

 

"Nevermind that. Let me introduce all of you, that elf right there is Melian Aelfis– the previous tribe leader of the Cal Cal tribe and my current maidservant! And that white bearded elf is Donaer Cerle, which he has been requested by His Excellency–"

 

"Ahem."

 

A small cough by Li Qu abruptly interrupted her– seemingly hinting something to Cal Cal.

 

"My bad– he has been requested by Y-Young Master Li to be your teacher!"

 

Cal Cal rectified her way of addressing Li Qu and continued on, when Xia Qiu heard her mention the word 'teacher', she looked at Li Qu in elation– then looked at her newfound teacher and held the end of her skirt to give a graceful curtsy.

 

"Wahhh! I have an elf for a teacher– and he looks just like a prestigious wizard in those online games, that's so cool!!! Your humble student, Xia Qiu– greets Teacher!"

 

Xia Qiu was exceptionally excited in meeting these new elves. Furthermore, one of them happened to be the one assigned to teach her.

 

Truth be told, Donaer Cerle could indeed pass off as a person cosplaying a fabled mage in some of those popular games right now– like the Globe Of Earthcraft, Final Fantastical X, or the number one MOBA game currently– Mass Of Myths.

 

Donaer Cerle knew it was his turn to formally introduce himself as he gave a noble's bow and spoke gracefully with a slight smile.

 

"Greetings, Miss Xia Qiu– I'll be the one teaching you cultivation and the synchronization of your powers from here onwards– I'm an Elf Magus, someone who has perfectly synchronized the clashing bloodlines inside me."

 

"Elf Magus? What's that and what's the difference?"

 

Xia Qiu was visibly puzzled, Donaer Cerle saw her confusion and proceeded to summarize the historical war between the two races.

 

After a few minutes of history lesson, Xia Qiu was in awe of the massive history behind the elves and came to a sudden realization–

 

"Wow, Green Heaven Realm… So Teacher's from the same place as Young Master Li!!!"

 

"That's correct, our Third Princess is from the Green Heaven Realm as well."

 

Donaer Cerle smoothly introduced Cal Cal to Xia Qiu; he remembered that Cal Cal had not said her own name yet.

 

"Third Princess? Is that you?"

 

Xia Qiu raised her eyebrows in surprise when she heard the term reserved for royalties and looked at Cal Cal giving a huge grin as she declared her awe-inspiring name with her hands on her waist and a puffed out 'chest'.

 

"Allow me to formally introduce myself, I am the Third Princess of the Cal Queendom! My real name is Calliaere-caliareculie Windsor-lien Culalio Cerculiore Aereculiere Firsonia Cal the Third."

 

"C-Calliae– Win– Curricula– w-what...?! That's too long and difficult to remember, my goodness!"

 

Xia Qiu was dazed by the length of her name and tried to pronounce it– only to end up failing miserably.

 

"Oh! But you can just call me Cal Cal, hahaha!"

 

Donaer Cerle shook his head with a slight laugh; he was used to the trolling antics of the cheeky princess.

 

"O-Ok…Despite that, Cal Cal– is your name really that long?!"

 

Cal Cal stuck out her tongue in playfulness and remembered something– to which she reminded everyone.

 

"I was just joking, it's just Cal Firsonia Cal– I remembered something! His Exc– Young Master Li was saying previously that he needed your help to brew Enlightenment Tea…?"

 

Li Qu squinted his eyes at Cal Cal then tried to look up at the ceiling– pretending that he was deep in focus and did not hear what she said.

 

Xia Qiu let out a huge smile and turned to look at Li Qu while teasing him–

 

"Hoh? Young Master Li, was that true~?"

 

"Hmmm? What are you talking about? I was not paying attention."

 

Xia Qiu's smile turned into a cheeky one.

 

"Hehe… Are you sure it's not because of the riddles?"

 

"I do not understand what you are saying, anyway– they ordered three pots of Enlightenment Tea, follow me to the back and I will teach you the method."

 

A change of topic was executed by Li Qu flawlessly as he avoided the upcoming tease and quickly headed in the brewing room with Xia Qiu following behind while giggling.

 

Donaer Cerle looked at the duo entering the brewing room and gave a smile.

 

"Princess, don't you think that His Excellency's temperament has taken a huge change as compared to his cold-heartedness from before? Who would even dare tease the Karmic Banisher like that back in Black Heaven?"

 

Cal Cal looked up while giving his words a slight thought and agreed.

 

"I think so too! Royal Mother mentioned before that His Excellency was a very solemn man. It's pretty funny how he seemed a bit embarrassed by Xia Qiu– I think it's a good change!"

 

...

13