Chapter 1 – Li Qu
1.6k 3 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1 - Li Qu

 

In the void of absolute darkness and silence.

 

There was a piece of land floating aimlessly, with the only light source available in the void from the glow of a silhouette.

 

A wooden hut was seen on the floating land as an old man sat outside the hut on his recliner.

 

He was glowing so brightly as if the light from the glow that was forming on his body would threaten to disperse into particles.

 

He looked like he was as old as the universe itself, hair and facial hair as white as snow with wrinkles as deep as the cracks on the soil surrounding the wooden hut and eyes as deep as the abyss that if one stared into it, they would succumb into them without realizing it.

 

He was reminiscing on the times way before he became what he was.

 

"I guess this is the end of my lifespan? How pathetic."

 

Li Qu sighed with a hint of regret and unwillingness.

 

He had lived for an innumerable number of years, so much so that he had already lost count and was at the end of his natural lifespan.

 

He had treasures as abundant as the most powerful kingdoms and sects.

 

His cultivation was as high as the Heavenly Emperor from the Karmic Palace but without anyone knowing of it as he had isolated himself ever since he broke through and passed down the mantle.

 

Li Qu had no friends as anyone that interacted with him was too scared to even hold a normal conversation as his reputation was known throughout the universe. Not that he cared about it anyway.

 

"Truly… The view at the top of the mountain is lonely."

 

The only thing he regretted was not experiencing the dream he had when he was just a young boy with ambition and not knowing the way of the world.

 

...

 

He slowly closed his eyes and awaited his impending eternal slumber. He stroked his beard for the last time and light particles appeared on his body as he started slowly disintegrating into the void.

 

Ziiingggg!

Ziiingggg!

 

Everything was going according to nature when suddenly, a seemingly ordinary pebble vibrated intensely and emitted rainbow light as bright as the sun inside the wooden hut behind the old guy. He opened his eyes abruptly as he sensed the disruption.

 

"What is happening? That pebble under my pillow?! Why is it reacting only now after I have tried every method I can think of to cause a reaction but to no avail?"

 

Li Qu was just about to turn his head to look at what was happening when the rainbow light abruptly entered his dantian and he fainted. 

 

As his conscious faded, he had a last thought.

 

'Whatever. I am already destined to die so it's not my problem anymore. If there is a next life, I hope for it to not be as bland as this one.'

30