Chapter 16 – Mike
710 4 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 16 - Mike

 

 

"What did you say?! Do you even know who I am?!"

 

Mike shouted at Li Qu with a wary but confident look.

 

'System, are all the mortal males on Earth dysfunctional in the brain area?'

 

Li Qu internally asked the System as he saw the fiasco in front of him.

 

[Host, there seems to be no sign of intelligent life detected from this human male. ….. I just did a quick research on the statistics and reports published by neurologists on the internet for the human male brain. This is apparently called the 'Dunning-Kruger Effect'. It is a cognitive bias in which people believe that they are smarter and more capable than they really are.]

 

Li Qu looked on at Mike with apparent interest as he had no plan for now on exterminating Mike from the face of the Earth with a snap of his fingers for the disrespect to an Immortal.

 

Why would Li Qu feel offended? If an ant was breaking out with interesting dance moves in front of you, you would be filled with interest and let it continue dancing, instead of smacking it to death.

 

"You're under arrest for the charge of disobedience to a person of authority! So what if they say that you're more powerful than me! You still can't disobey the law, put your hands up where I can see them, if not, I'll be compelled to use violence against you!"

 

Mike spouted the line of words in quick succession. It flowed out so naturally, as if he had used these lines often.

 

Li Qu's face slowly lost his smile.

 

"Why are you still not putting your hands up behind your head?! Do you think I-"

 

"Kneel."

 

BOOOOOM!

 

But if the dancing ant tried to bite you, you would be dissatisfied as well. Li Qu then released just a sliver of his cultivation base and exerted pressure down onto Mike.

 

Craaaaack!

 

Mike was forced to shut his mouth up as he cried out in pain as the pressure he felt was like a mountain suppressing him, he caved in and kneeled down instantly.

 

"ARGHHH!"

 

The impact on Mike's knees connecting to the ground forced the ground around him to crack from the sheer pressure exerted by Li Qu.

 

"Just because I did not kill you for your disrespect when I found you entertaining previously, does not mean you can order me around. Are you, or even this world, worthy?"

 

The deadpan Li Qu spoke with the authority and bearings of someone who was once an Immortal Emperor.

 

If this situation happened in the Black Heaven Realm, where a mortal cultivator disrespected Li Qu without knowing who he was and if other cultivators who knew about the infamy of Li Qu found out about it, he would not even have to do a single thing as the nine generations of the said mortal cultivator's family would be exterminated by others, in fear of Li Qu's wrath.

 

It was lucky that Li Qu was trying to enjoy his life and not make a mountain out of a molehill for now…

 

 

Mike was still forced to kneel and talk to Li Qu, the image in his eyes of Li Qu was ever slowly expanding, like he was facing an Immortal or a God.

 

"Kneel down and speak to me like a proper ant should, and I will give you the permission to open your mouth. Know your place, that eye level is appropriate when talking to me."

 

'WHAT IS THIS POWER?! I'm in deep sh*t, F*CK F*CK F*CK! This can't be happening!!! I wanna get out alive! Please!'

 

Mike finally understood why his superiors told him numerous times to never ever provoke Li Qu.

 

He could not think straight anymore, he was filled with inexplicable fear as he realized death was quickly approaching him.

 

Mike felt like an injured prey getting stared at menacingly by an apex predator with no way to fight back, nay, an ant in front of Li Qu.

 

He had an illusion that he was the consciousness of the Earth, when suddenly, he saw an incomparably ginormous cosmic being floating in space beside him, the cosmic being summoned two chains(2 Chainz) made of an unknown metal that was each half the size of Earth out of seemingly nowhere, wrapping around him.

 

The chains then compressed Earth little by little, with Mike's consciousness still awake and watching himself helplessly being slowly compressed into a small ball and sucked into a twirling hole that appeared beside him, banished into the void.

 

"K-kuughh, I-I'm sorry!!! p-please forgive, me. I-I will b-be respectful, from now, on!"

 

Mike stammered badly in pain through gritted teeth as he could not talk properly with the pressure still pressing down on him.

 

He had forgone all thoughts of ever going against Li Qu and the fear was deeply imprinted into his mind now.

 

Li Qu scattered his powers and released Mike from the grasps of the Grim Reaper.

 

"Continue kneeling. From now onwards, every time you see me, speak to me, talk about me, you kneel. "

 

The Words Of Authority from someone who was once an Immortal Emperor was impossible to defy. The order was embedded into Mike's brains as he hurriedly nodded in absolute fear of Li Qu.

 

"Kuugh, kuugh, kuugh. Y-yes, Your Excellency! I understand!"

 

Mike coughed heavily and replied to Li Qu.

 

Although Mike was usually too arrogant to bow down to anyone, even those stronger than him, as he had a somewhat powerful background,

 

But the disparity between himself and Li Qu was too much, he had felt it clearly and had no way of fighting back, so he could only pretend to submit to Li Qu on the surface, while feeling scared in his heart.

 

But what Mike did not know was that the Words Of Authority from someone like Li Qu was hard to ignore, he would be slowly brainwashed into the most subservient person to Li Qu gradually as time went by.

 

"Address me as Young Master Li next time, Your Excellency is too old-fashioned."

 

Said Li Qu as he tried to slowly adapt to his body of a youth, addressing him as Young Master was not befitting of his mental age, but it was to his physical age.

 

Li Qu was presently dressed like a rich second generation descendant from an Ancient Martial Arts Clan from Hua Country, similar to Hu Rou's family background.

 

Ancient Martial Arts Clans were already around before the mutation 500 years back, also known as the 'Evolver's Era', existing since the generation of Dynasties a few thousand years ago and passing down the lineage, where people from the clans were practicing internal energy martial arts.

 

Only a select few could actually achieve internal energy as the Essence of Evolution was not present.

 

After the Evolver's Era, they used the same martial arts with enhanced effects and evolved into special techniques passed on down by their own bloodline.

 

"Yes, Y-young Master Li! Do you need anything else?"

 

Mike asked meekly as he just wanted to get away as soon as possible from this walking nightmare and report to his superiors about everything.

 

"Come inside the teahouse, I will wait for you there."

 

With a flash, Li Qu disappeared and Mike was left stunned with helplessness.

 

"F*ck! I've never been helpless so many times in my whole life except for today. I-I can't handle him, I need to tell Uncle Tom about this… His disappearing technique is too profound, now that I see it."

 

Mike got up slowly as his knees were damaged a little from the pressure, he adjusted his leg and did a small kick to stretch and acclimatize to the subsiding pain.

 

He then proceeded to walk in the direction of the teahouse.

 

 

 

Congratulations to those who voted no in the previous chapter~ Truly smart!

21