Treacherous Interlude 01
362 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well, that was a most interesting meeting indeed – far more entertaining than the usual dull affair. Thought Lord Treacherous while lounging in a fashionable café. For a master of layered deceptions like the lord, attending the meeting in person was out of the question. Sending a puppet body to cause some havoc was a standard practice of theirs.

The lord had even been monitoring the meeting long before sending that puppet in – it would not do to not have a few sets of eyes in such meetings after all. Ideally with those sets of eyes all thinking they were the only ones on the job – the lord did love deceptions.

If fact, the title lord was also just another misdirection. A more accurate name would have been lady Treacherous – strange how such a simple ploy could prove so good of a distraction. Yes, the no one really expected the infamous lord Treacherous to actually be a stylish woman sitting in a café sipping on some tea.

She was wearing an elegant summer dress and leaked not one bit of the aura of a cultivator. She looked just like any other wealthy woman out spending a nice day in the city. The woman took another sip of her tea and then slowly laughed to herself as she thought over the meeting she had just witnessed.

“Ohohoho. Lord Bloody Massacre, eh? A most interesting newcomer, I just had to see what he would do if I stirred up a bit of trouble.”

Sending in that puppet-body with claims of some vague threat had not really served a deeper purpose than prodding the situation to see what would happen, and the woman had not been disappointed. She had managed to confirm that the man was indeed a fellow connoisseur on the path of lies, at least in some respects.

She leaned back on her chair and sipped on some more tea. As a master of lies and deception, she had instantly sensed a kinship with this so-called “Lord Bloody Massacre”. The man had seemed to speak nothing but truth at the meeting, but she could sense that he had pulled off a grand deception indeed.

“To be capable of weaving such layers of lies using nothing but the truth... I do have to recognize the talent of a fellow artisan.”

She raised her cup in a salute of sorts, offering her respects to a fellow master. She then closed her eyes, focusing on the feeds of information her remaining puppet bodies were sending her.

“Hmm, should be about here then... How fortunate.”

She opened her eyes, and turned them outside of the café, where a certain man was hurriedly rushing through the streets. The man in the white and blue robes stopped for a moment, looked around and then pulled the wooden mask off he was wearing off, revealing the sagely face beneath.

The woman memorised the face and sipped on some more tea.

“Lord Bloody Massacre – I do hope we can do some business in the future.”

13