Passionate Seeker’s Notes Interlude 01
766 3 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

5th year since becoming master’s apprentice: month 7 day 20. Observations on usage of the [Sauna]

 

Master told me to figure out how the [Sauna] cultivation method works on my own, and he did not apply scrying wards to the facility while using it. This should be treated as a tacit approval of long-distance scrying artifact usage. He can of course sense it and stop it if he disapproves.

He first stripped of all clothes (Possibly for more efficient Qi absorption? Will need to test later) before heading into the washing room. He took a bucket of water (could not judge Qi density over long distance, assume extremely dense Qi content) and a ladle, and went into the main ritual room. The room had been heated by the stove (nature of fire unclear. Possible usage of the thousand-year flame?), and the (spirit?) stones placed over the stove were glowing with heat (room was built to withstand extreme temperatures. Unable to measure temperature through scrying link, assume at least 70% of max possible. Possible physical cultivation link? Tempering the body with heat?).

Water from bucket was thrown onto stove, causing transformation into steam. Steam spread around room. Process was repeated several times (Possible steam Qi condensation technique?) until he took out a bundle of branches (Unable to recognize spirit herbs over scrying link, assume strong medicinal properties). Bundle of branches was used to whip self repeatedly (Possible body tempering technique? Infusing body directly with properties of medicinal herbs using force? A novel technique) until return to throwing water on stove.

No changes observed from these steps for the time it takes an incense stick to burn. He exits from the sauna. Ritual possibly finished? No. Next step is jumping into the lake from the pier and running back inside the sauna (Duality of hot and cold used for tempering of the body and the spirit?)

Whole cycle repeated several times, before washing self and putting clothes back on. End of ritual? Master sits outside sauna for a moment, before growing agitated, then running off.  

Conclusion: [Sauna] is used for a combined physical and spiritual cultivation technique. Body and spirit are cultivated through a duality of hot and cold. Probably efficient for steam Qi condensation, possibly also water, fire or wood. Body tempered using physical application of medicinal herbs.

Acquired samples of materials used after facility was emptied. Materials had no spiritual properties, seeming completely mundane. Spiritual properties consumed completely in ritual? No longer any possibility of identifying spirit materials used. Master probably wanted to make process more challenging for me. Will have to experiment with different factors independently.

Disciples from Midnight Sun Hall were confused about how to use the [Sauna] and sought advice. They should prove a suitable group for experimentation. Master will be very proud once I’ve finished deciphering the cultivation techniques!

27