Prologue: Present Day
28 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So first thing first, this is a short story I thought up during my recent Dungeons and Dragons Campaign based on how I imagine demons in the realm became what they are in my campaign. So not only is it going to differ from what many would think of when they hear the term demon, but it may always differ from typical D&D demons as well.

I hope you enjoy.

“Alright you worms! Your usual storyteller’s dealing with some family crap so I'm here instead.”

 

That was the first thing Baron Drevegs von Volmomas the Fourth said as he entered the hovel that he was sentenced to spend the majority of his days for the next month. “Wasn’t my fault that the damn Count managed to get ahold of the Sword of the Second Ruler, and how should I have seen it coming that it would break when matched with my blade? At least he’ll hang for his audacity.” Drevegs muttered to himself as he noticed two literal (demon) worms stop their attempts to burrow through the ground as his words.

 

“Shit! It’s Baron Dre, this is gonna suck!” A small demon with one black wing coming out of the left side of his head exclaimed. “I am inclined to agree with you on this you little bastard, but I advise you to keep your thoughts to yourself when around creatures that could end you with less than a second’s thought. The Baron replied, jabbing a finger as the runt. “And it is Baron Volomomas to you, unless you ever manage to live long enough to make it to your fourth tier.” 

 

As he sensed the potential of the other demons in the…room he had stepped in, the baron marveled at just how many of them could, in fact, make it to fourth tier assuming no untimely ends. ‘Which can be very common down here’ He thought to himself as he idly used a cantrip to clean off his boots.

 

“Alright you lot, obviously you all know who I am and I couldn’t get two shits about any of your names so-” He paused as a demon with a horse head raised a hand. “ Mr. Vol?  Why are you here?”

 

“The reason does not matter, young child. He smiled, recognizing the 54th “child” of his dearest niece. “Just know that you have the honor of spending 9 hours a day of the next month being taught by yours truly. And before you say anything, many nobles would quite literally kill to have their spawn mentored by myself.” He said as he glared at the one-winged bastard.

 

“Now, I am aware that your time for the day is nearly up; so you will only have the privilege of hearing a story today. But I assure you, I am second to only one other when it comes to knowledge of beloved stories and the histories of our race.” The baron smirked at the thought of his illustrious library. “But do not hurt yourselves trying to decide what you would like to be told, for I have heard that you are interested in the story of the very first demon lord to exist!” He puffed his chest out at this. “And unlike many other recollections and books on the subject, you can be assured that there shall be no falsehoods or inaccuracies in my storytelling. For you see…The first om my lineage was none other than the illustrious First’s second in command and Spymaster!!”

 

Baron Volmamas’ proclamation was met with silence and stares, excepting the clapping of his grand-niece. “Fine, we will see how stoic you will be when the story is finished. I shall have you know that the last time I recounted this to another, the recipient burst into tears!” He crowed as he took a rather comfy looking chair out of what appeared to be thin air and motioned the small demons to sit down on the floor.

 

“In the beginning there was nothing, then there was the abyss.”

I hope you enjoyed the beginning of this story of mine. If you have critiques or anything feel free to tell me.

0