Prologue: Inevitable Fate
11.6k 13 267
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
A/N: Edited and Proofread by Absolute-Melody.
*****
The Demon Kingdom.

In the Divine Realm, it is one of the most dominant powers, rivaling even the Kingdom of Light. However, if not for the strong counterforce preventing divine beings from descending into the mortal world, it would've long been destroyed.

"Heh. I did not expect that I would be felled here, right in the middle of my kingdom."

"A kingdom capable of interweaving a hundred laws is indeed terrifying."

"But the one who broke that kingdom apart is even more terrifying."

A demon who looked just like a human spoke to the robed mage who stood opposite him. The demon's black battle garb and crown symbolized his status as the Demon God.

"If I didn't have the time to develop, I would surely lose."

"Ha, Humble words. How long do you think the Kingdom of Light has fought against me? A hundred years? A thousand? No, more than half a million years."

"Then it seems that their teaching methods are ineffective."

The robed mage pointed towards the outside of the Emperor's Hall. One hundred heroes from different eras fought against the powerhouses of the Demon Kingdom, each hero rivaling a god in power. All of them were his disciples.

"Haha. Those old fogeys from the forbidden zone would punish you if they heard your remarks."

"Them? When the time comes, we'll see who'll punish who."

"Haha, True."

Silence pervaded the hall once again as the two locked gazes. Unbeknownst to the Demon God, the robed mage had been operating his source power to destabilize the field of laws protecting the Emperor's Hall. From the first moment he set foot in the hall, he had constantly been analyzing and disabling them.

As long as he bought more time, the advantage would gradually tilt to his side.

"What a shame. I can't even self-destruct normally."

"Normally?"

"Big bosses usually have a trump card or two when they know they're beaten. We still have our pride."

"Right."

"When it comes to me personally, I dislike the thought of my enemies gaining something when I die."

The Demon God looked in the direction of his treasury as he said this.

Boom!

An explosion occurred. Moments later, all of the Demon Kingdom's treasures gathered over half a million years were gone.

"This is truly... unexpected."

The robed mage raised his arm, calling forth thousands of laws to manipulate time. Soon, the treasury returned to its former state, completely unchanged.

"Fuck. You are a monster."

"Well, thank you."

Seeing his plan fail, the Demon God sat in helpless disbelief on his throne.

"Since this will be the end for me, won't you reveal your true appearance to me?"

"My appearance?"

"You, the one who pushed my Demon Kingdom to this state, are so intent on being mysterious that you haven't shown your face to anyone except your disciples. I'm just curious to know what's under the hood, that's all."

The robed mage didn't reply but slowly removed the plain black robe covering his body, revealing underneath a robe luxurious, white, and adorned by jewelry of varying styles. Then, in a similar fashion, he pulled down the white hood attached to the robe, exposing a distressingly cute, androgynous face matched with short white hair, deep blue eyes, and fair skin. He looked like a perfect porcelain doll.

"You're a woman?"

"Fuck you. But no, I AM a man."

His adorable face blackened for a moment before replying. 

"Ha... I would've never imagined that my arch-nemesis was a cute little boy. What a good life I had."

"Shut it. Let's finish this right now."

"Huh? I thought that you'd still buy some more time. Tired of talking with me already?"

"Yes."

"Then, let's do it. The final battle."

Source power started gathering towards both of them. To the Demon God's side, an extremely evil and baleful red ball of source power began forming on the tip of his scepter. At the same time, rainbow source power also assumed the shape of a ball at the end of the robed mage's white staff.

"It seems that we both thought of the same attack?"

"Good taste."

Bzzzzt!

The balls twisted into a beam as both combatants launched their final attacks against each other. The two beams collided, but as expected, the red beam started being pushed back.

Just as the rainbow beam was about to hit the Demon God, the world suddenly turned grey.

'Time control?'

The robed mage attempted to counteract this force but failed. He combined more than a hundred thousand laws... but it wasn't enough.

'Fuck. This is... a higher dimensional power?'

"Let us share the same fate."

A deep voice resounded in the grey world before the robed mage was engulfed by a black-red power of higher rank than anything else he had ever seen.

"This is dangerous! Changing the essence of a great entity?!"

The robed mage sensed that his perception was slowly being distorted, forcibly changing him into a very different person than he once was. He desperately tried offsetting it but to no avail.

The world regained its colors as the rainbow beam obliterated the Demon God.

"Teacher!"

One of the heroes outside felt something terrifying inside the hall, so they immediately looked for their teacher.

"There's no more hope for me, Eve. You'll have to be the one to inherit my position."

That instant, the robed mage separated something from his body as a majestic force descended toward Eve, his first disciple.

"Teacher! You..."

Instead of joy, she felt a deep sadness. She knew that since things progressed this way, the teacher must have encountered something that could potentially endanger both the divine and mortal realms.

"In a minute from now, I'll turn into a vile entity and destroy everything. This is it for me, my disciple. I don't want to pull you all down with me."

Having taught them for nearly 2,000 years, he held a fond attachment to every disciple he groomed. Though, his first disciple would always be the most special to him.

Suddenly, his white staff turned into a sword before promptly stabbing into the mage's heart. Magic circles of different colors appeared on his back, though they were slowly corrupted, turning black-red one by one.

His blue eyes slowly shifted into a deep crimson as the energy transformed him into an entirely different entity.

[Quest complete. Reward settlement ongoing...]

'Hah, system. You're really different. You didn't even try protecting me? Now that I'm dying, I don't care about the rewards anymore.'

A few more seconds passed, and a terrifying baleful force descended into the divine realm, alarming many.

"What is that?!"

"The Demon Kingdom is under attack. Did the heroes fail?!"

The faces of a few elders who had lived for more than 100,000 years slowly morphed into frowns.

"This is... a power of higher level than the source?"

"How could such a power exist?!"

It didn't take long before the force disappeared, causing the populace to sigh in relief. Still, the strong powerhouses maintained their vigilance. What if it didn't disappear but concealed itself instead? 

The idea of something beyond their control lurking in the Divine realm terrified them.

"Teacher..."

"Sister Eve, what happened? Where is Teacher?!"

When the force descended, the heroes were very shocked. Not only them but their enemies as well. Due to their teacher's instruction, they didn't stand dumbfoundedly but seized the chance to finish off their enemies. All of them were finally freed from the exhausting battle with the demons.

"Teacher... is gone."

The mightiest powerhouse in the divine realm, a teacher to all the hundred heroes, perished during the final battle against the Demon Kingdom.

267