Chapter 28 – Hero
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 28 – Hero

Daimon looked at Arnold’s body. More than anything, he looked like he would fall at any time. But the spirits on his back barely prevented his collapse.

Though, it didn’t matter. Arnold wouldn’t collapse because the weight he shouldered wasn’t something anyone could bear.

“A hero,” Daimon muttered. “The chosen of this generation.”

Unless something uncontrollable happened, a hero would always win.

Strangely, the president’s eyes sparkled. “If you promise to join me, I’ll guarantee everything you wish!”

“All of it?” Arnold said sarcastically.

“Yes!”

“I want you dead, is it possible?” Arnold grinned.

The president’s face darkened and looked at Daimon. “Is it possible to kill him?”

“Yes.”

“You’ve been trying since earlier. Yet you keep failing.” He mocked him. “I will only join you if you finally kill this hateful bastard.”

“You don’t seem nervous anymore, Mr. President.”

The former gave a wide smile. His eyes turned black like black holes. It was a familiar sight to Daimon. “I like killing heroes, that’s all.”

The handsome man stared at the black eyes before turning towards Arnold. It was another familiar sight. A pair of menacing black hole eyes versus fiery eyes fueled with conviction. This gave him a bitter pill to swallow.

“Sigh. I can only use my ace then.” He tapped at the silver bracelet on his arm. Then, a blinding light appeared, making others close their eyes.

When they opened their eyes again, Daimon was already carrying a slender sword.

“A retractable blade.” Arnold narrowed his eyes. He felt threatened by the sword. No! Daimon and his sword appeared threatening together! Each individual wouldn’t be powerful without one another!

“You are strong, I’ll give you that.” Daimon chuckled. “You are a monster. Anyone has already died with such injuries.”

“Let me tell you one thing though. Even monsters should be afraid of me.” A confident expression emerged from the handsome man.

“But I’m not afraid!” Arnold roared and dashed towards Daimon. “You! You who commit evil! Don’t you feel remorse? Don’t you see the sufferers?”

Two blinding lights shone like enormous light bulbs as he roared in defiance!

“I want to change this world! This world who treated commoners like trash while kneeling towards rich!”

“Because of it, everyone has only one pursuit! Money! Profits!”

“Engineers build buildings for profits!”

“Doctors cure diseases for profits!”

“Teachers teach students for profits!”

“Everything for profits!”

“What about those who don’t have shelter?”

“How long do they have to take before they can get a single medicine?”

“The low income of teachers dissuades them from giving their best!”

“Isn’t that the goal?” Daimon ridiculed him. “We live for money to live. If you can’t generate money anymore, then you lose. It was just that simple.”

“You are too naïve, Arnold Grim.”

Arnold became angrier and his voice octave higher! “Karen may be bad for wanting world domination, but I’m willing to sell my soul to her! Because at least she wanted to change this world!”

“This world who forgets the cries of the children and the sobs of the parent agonizing in silence!”

“I don’t want to see more children suffering because they don’t have a house, food, education… parents!”

“Because I love them that’s why I will fight for them!”

“If I have to be a monster to make it happen… SO BE IT!!!”

All pent-up emotions transformed into a conflagrating flame! The memories of the past flashed in his eyes like a videotape. But he didn’t feel bad seeing his loved ones dying once again. Instead, it only increased his conviction!

The president felt pained in his eyes while Daimon avoided his gaze. Arnold seemed larger than a mountain to them at this moment!

The spirits on Arnold’s back had a determined face. They pushed their palms, giving him strength!

His father. Anya. Tony. The people in hospital. His dead scoundrel comrades. Xiao. And many people who died before him. Their bodies disintegrated into small particles before converging on Arnold’s fists.

And then he punched!

The entire world groaned alongside it!

Xiao’s father screamed and fell back. The black holes in his eyes started to waver! He wasn’t confident anymore that he could deal with Arnold! His instincts told him punch could obliterate him without a chance of fighting back!

“Sigh.”

But a flash of light met the overpowered punch.

And then nothingness.

Only then did the president discover that it was only Daimon who remained standing.

Arnold was gone.

A deafening silence ensued. If not for the destruction before him, the president wouldn’t believe everything was over in an instant. He looked back at Daimon, and the black holes in his eyes receded as fast as they could!

As if it saw something far more dangerous than it! Like a cat facing a tiger!

1