Chapter 38 – Father
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 38 – Father

Karen wore a teasing expression. “I could imagine you being henpecked. And I could imagine the stares you were getting.”

“That she is better than you. Because of her, you become who you are now. She made you.”

“Your ego couldn’t withstand how she shoots over your head. And that’s why you did the unthinkable.”

“You let her die. Besiege by people who wanted her gone.” Karen gritted her teeth while maintaining her smile. “You also wanted her gone. What kind of husband are you?”

“Me? I didn’t lay a hand on her. I remained a dutiful husband till the last second. It was hers and her family’s fault. George Well have few enemies, but she and others were entitled and sensitive mongrels.”

“If they didn’t claim what wasn’t theirs and open their mouth whenever they wanted, this wouldn’t happen.”

“No! You are an imbecile who treated his wife like trash.” Karen snarled. But her father completely lost it!

“Bitch! You selfish bitch! You are just like your mother! I sacrificed a lot to be the president! She didn’t deserve any recognition! It was all me!”

“I married her because she promised me love and comfort. But all I felt was how little I am! Her family didn’t like me! All her friends badmouthed me! I was alone while I’m with her!”

“Love? Warmth? Family? You people can easily get it. I AM NOT! I WAS BORN WEAK! POOR! UNTALENTED!”

“She has everything. And those things she didn’t have, she only needed to sweat a little to get it!”

“I felt ants crawling inside me every single minute I’m with her.”

“What an excuse! You use the poor for your gains. And you use mother to gain your standing. Who’s the selfish one?” Karen gave him a condescending look.

“You think I wanted to? I am an honest and hardworking person. My dream was simple, to be a politician and help many people.”

“But one day, she crashed through my life like a meteor full of diamonds. I was blinded and because of that, she imprisoned me!”

“I was a prisoner!”

“Not in this life or next life that I will ever forget the time he locked me! She treated me like a toy! To her, I’m a doll, a decoration, a tasty cake or drink, and a possession!”

“She removes my masculinity, my pride, my responsibilities… I became nothing!”

This shocked Karen to the core!

“No more honest man. No more virtues left. Hence, I had to change! Because if not, that crazy woman will drive me mad!”

As he continued to talk, his face became redder and redder. Veins and red spots sprouted on his neck. She could feel his ragged breath despite he was on the other end of the table.

“I will never forgive her!”

“But I am her husband. I fear the condemnation of other people. But I fear her family a lot more. Maybe… maybe someday they will barge into my room."

"And kill me.”

“That’s why I don’t like you, an accursed child of Well Family!!!”

0