Unbreakable Shield – Chapter 11 ( The trap )
284 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Slowly I walked closer to the door on my tiptoes.

Making sure not to make a sound.  I Carefully checked the door from top to the bottom.

There were no booby traps nor were there any seals engraved onto the door that I could see.

Deciding that it was safe I reached out my left hand to grab the doorknob. The moment I touched I felt a small prick on my thumb.

"What the fuck was that?" I thought to myself as I let go of the knob and brought my thumb towards my face. There wasn’t any cut or prick that I could see.

"I must have imagined it due to how nervous I am." I thought to myself.

Taking a deep breath I once again put my hand on the knob only this time there was no prick or anything.

"so, I was imaging things" I thought as I let go of the breath I was holding I twisted the knob and opened the door.

"creeeeeeek"

"Oh for fucks sake.”

“ Is there a universal agreement that states that doors must creak when you want to do so thing quietly or be sneaky?”

Inside the door was a dark narrow staircase with little lamps mounted onto the walls.

"buzz"

Not even a second after I opened the door the lamps started to flicker and turned themselves on.

"Is that automatic?"

” But how?" I thought to myself.

“ Is some kind of seal matrix that is triggered when someone opens the door?”

I closed the door and started walking forward admiring the carvings on the walls.

The corridor walk was a short one.

Soon I was in front of a big room That was similar to the civilian part of the library.

The room was illuminated by the dozens of lamps on the wall. There were bookshelves everywhere. Only in a slightly lower quantity.

It was clear the room was divided into four parts as there were small golden lines drawn around each section.

Each section had a sign on top. Ninjutsu, Taijustu, Genjutsu and finally we had the biggest section of them all sealing.

I guess it's only natural as the whirlpool village is known for its sealing techniques.

I walked over to the bookshelves in the Ninjutsu Department. There I could see a range of different titles on the shelves ranging from basics of ninjutsu to advance topics like an advanced guide to changing your chakra nature.

There were even books about jutsus based on the nature of the chakra.

It was almost like an encyclopedia for that particular element. Taking out a beginners guide for controlling your chakra and some justus books.

I went on to the next section that interested me.

The sealing section.

Genjutsu didn’t interest me yet and reading Taijutsu books right now would not benefit me at all. Besides, I have Subaru sensei right now anyway.

.............................................................break..................................................................................................................................................

It has been 15 minutes since I began searching the sealing section.

I could not make heads or tails about anything that was written in most of the books

.Most of the book talked about the theoretical application of seals. While others talked about giant seal matrices and how they function.

Deciding it would be better to start from the basics I took a book from the lower shelves titled seals for beginners and a guide to practicing calligraphy.

Putting all these books in the bag I headed back towards the narrow corridor to get out of the ninja room.

Twisting the doorknob I looked both ways to see if the coast was clear. Deciding it was safe.  I walked out of the room closing the door behind me.

Making sure to close it as softly as possible. I didn’t want to get caught after now.

" Brinnnnnggg  " Brinnnngggg"

An alarm started to blare out throughout the building.

I couldn’t help but freeze in place.

" How was the alarm triggered?”

“ What happened?”

"Sizzztle"

The engravings on the wall slowly started to glow up in a bright red color.

Black kanji characters soon came out of the red engravings.  They were spreading everywhere except on the shelves.

Thankfully I was near a bookshelf and because of my small stature I was able to climb up on the shelves with ease.

I stared at the black kanji characters on the floor. I could only imagine what would happen if I was standing there whilst I was standing on the floor.

I imagine it would do something like the seals would spread throughout my body paralyzing me till the guards get here.

A few minutes passed and soon I heard footsteps echoing throughout the library.

"Who is there?" somebody shouted out.

I never stood more still in my entire life.

I didn’t even dare to breathe. Afraid that he might find me.

"Fuin: KAI" I heard the man shout out.

AS soon as he said that the engraving on the walls turned neon green and the sealing characters slowly receded back.

*step* *step* *step*

Very quietly I squeezed myself into one of the free spaces on the shelf.

Thankfully it was a spot that was not illuminated by the light. A perfect hiding spot for someone like me.

"I bet it was some chakra beasts that triggered the alarm again.”

“Those buggers must have opened the door and entered the ninja room again and taken some books from there to give to their summoners. “

“Good thing we included the sealing trap in the matrix this time.”

“Now they will be paralyzed unable to move on the ground." He mumbled as he walked past my hiding spot towards the ninja room.

Thankfully he was too distracted by his thoughts to notice me. Otherwise, I might have been toast for sure.

Letting go of the breath I was holding.

I quickly got out of my hiding spot. making sure to take the bag with me as I went.

It would be a darn shame if I left behind the spoils of my hard work.

Going to the window that I kept unlocked whilst I was waiting before.

I climbed out of it with ease making sure that there was no one watching me.

Thank God it was on the ground floor. Closing the window behind me I hurried away in the direction of the training grounds.

A shortcut from the library to my house that I found the other day after I was done training with Mr. Subaru.

Unknown Pov

It was a beautiful night. If anyone looked up at the sky, they would see a magnificent round moon bathing the surroundings with moonlight.

A masked figure could be seen sitting on top of the building looking up at the sky and admiring the view.

"Sigh, today was such a stressful day. Little miss being a handful as usual." the masked man said as he took a cigarette from his back pocket.

Putting the cigarette between his fingers in his right hand he pinched the tip of the cigarette with his left hand.

“sizzle “

When he removed his fingers there was a small ember on the top of his cigarette.

Seemingly satisfied with his work. He pushed his mask upwards and took a deep puff from his cigarette inhaling the smoke inwards.

"Ah that feels good" he said out loud.

Just as he was about to take another puff.

An alarm sound began to sound out

"Brrrrggggggg Brrggggggggg"

" Ahhhh can’t a man get a break"

"It’s probably some chakra beasts entering library again"

he said out in an annoyed tone before getting up and leaping in the direction of the sound

All the while keeping his cigarette in his mouth while his long blood red hair fluttered in the wind.

8